Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Kelvin brought that on himself for being a complete ass about it all and never accepting responsibility for actual wrongdoing. To this day he still claims that he was merely "working harder than everyone else".

But Eddie was treated with kid gloves -- not just after the fact, but before. Does anyone honestly think no members of the press had an inkling what was going on with him? Only when they had to go public with his troubles did they finally do so.

Really, the larger story was the coverup that was clearly going on at oswho. There's simply no way that people in the oswho athletic department and administration didn't know what was happening. He should, at the very least, have been placed on administrative leave while he got himself straightened out. In not doing so and thereby enabling his dangerous behavior, the university's athletic and administrative staff put the people of Oklahoma at risk on a daily basis.

I don't disagree with you sky - but I am not so sure I wouldn't have treated him the same way as long as he wasn't drinking and driving or being a public nuisance (peeing on walls notwithstanding).

I would've probably quietly shipped him off to rehab and then leaked a small story about it later.

I have a lot of respect for Eddie.

I don't disagree with you sky - but I am not so sure I wouldn't have treated him the same way as long as he wasn't drinking and driving or being a public nuisance (peeing on walls notwithstanding).

I would've probably quietly shipped him off to rehab and then leaked a small story about it later.

I have a lot of respect for Eddie.

Was he not drinking and driving? Did he only pick up the bottle again the day it all hit the fan?

I suspect not. I once knew a women who worked in the sports info dept. at oswho (she was from the northeast, and was in Stillwater with her husband, who was in grad school), and she suggested that a) everyone knew that Eddie was drinking and b) he was not very pleasant to deal with, drunk or sober.

I realize that's gossipy, which usually isn't much my style, but I heard it from a source I consider reliable and she seemed to have no ax to grind. She certainly couldn't have cared less about Bedlam or oswho sports.

The good news is we didn't really want Goff or Jurick and baseball is what lOSUrs talk about.

or somesuch.
LOL, when did you become an OU fan? Posing as an OU fan seems below you to be honest. Boring day?

OSU sucks. We fired a coach that never had a losing season. We're working on 24 straight winning seasons. Ford can only win 20. Life is over as we know it.:eek:

Nice to know okie jr considers 6-10 in conference play a winning season.

Did you even go to the math classes at OU? I think they'll tell that when you that when you win more games than you lose for season, it's a winning season. Maybe ask Coolm, BOK or one of the guys that actually attended OU for some help.

Again, citing twenty wins while ignoring the level of compeition.

Here are oswho's non-conference wins:

Houston Baptist (5-26, played at HGIA)
Texas A&M-CC (10-21, played at HGIA)
Nicholls State (14-14, played at HGIA)
DePaul (7-24, played at HGIA)
Murray State (23-9, lost in first round of NIT, played at HGIA)
Central Arkansas (5-24, played at HGIA)
La Salle (15-18, took oswho to double OT, on the road)
Tulsa (19-13, on the road)
Missouri State (26-9, lost in second round of NIT, played at HGIA)
Alabama (25-12, lost in NIT final, played at HGIA)
Stanford (15-16, played at HGIA)
UT-San Antonio (20-14, lost in second round of NIT, played at HGIA)

That's seven teams with records of .500 or below (many were well below), five teams with winning records (only one from a major conference), and 10 out of those 12 games were played at HGIA (and one suspects there were surely as many oswho fans at the Tulsa game as Golden Hurricane faithful).

The aggies didn't beat a single NCAA tourney team in non-conference play. Not one.

Honestly, it takes a special brand of cluelessness (or denial -- or perhaps both) to go 6-10 in your conference and then brag on a rival's board about a winning season when your team faced that level of opposition in non-conference play, finished in the bottom third of the conference, and lost every single conference road game.

Congrats on those 20 wins, Sweaty Palms.

If you beat Chaminade, they count it as a win. If you lose to Chaminade they count it as a loss. At the end of the season you add them all up. Pretty simple.

Like I said, I have three bias' and no, at that point I do not think that Iba was the man for the job. Didn't say he was a terrible person or horrible human being, but I "personally" feel like the game was starting to pass him by at that point. And anyone who doesn't think that there was a double standard during the mid-90's through the mid-2000's regarding the treatment of the respctive programs and their respective coaches is just kidding themselves.

Also, during their championship years, I'll concede that oSu was the best team in the country; however, I feel that it is perfectly legitimate to question those championships when half of the college age "men" weren't eligible to play. Oh, and finally, OU has sucked the last two years...two years out of pretty much the last 30, we were just in the Elite Eight and probably the second best team in the country just three years ago.

What irks me is that there are a few posters that are otherwise well-informed, but you can read between the lines their contempt for the audacity of OU fans to feel like they have a damn good basketball program [one poster specifically comes to mind].

If you beat Chaminade, they count it as a win. If you lose to Chaminade they count it as a loss. At the end of the season you add them all up. Pretty simple.

You're only proving my larger point. Thanks for that.

And as bad as we were -- and you won't find anyone here who says we weren't bad -- you guys could only manage a split with us.

But yes, you won twenty games. Don't think about who you beat, just keep telling yourself, "We won twenty games."

Have you bought your "Big 12 South Football Co-Champion" T-shirt yet?

Back