OSU up 43-41 over Pine Bluff in 2nd half

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Not a great start. They aren't playing their best bball and are lucky to have an easy part of the schedule.

I can already tell you what Traber will say tonight on Fox, OU beat a bad Utah team while OsU beat a nice little team in Ark Pine Bluff.......

They have played Page and Penn together alot. OU has a huge advantage at guard. Those guys are playing good position defense, but OU should be able to get what they want on them.

Thanks. Just saw the upclose on his jersey. I remember watching that video with him and TMG going head to head.

That's the guy you have to keep from playing well to beat OSU.

didn't we beat arkansas pine bluff like 90-40 a couple of years ago?

didn't we beat arkansas pine bluff like 90-40 a couple of years ago?

Not really sure what that has to do with this year.

If we're looking at comparative scores, OSU handily beat Utah by 20 points in Las Vegas in a game that was never close.

Just sayin'

If we're looking at comparative scores, OSU handily beat Utah by 20 points in Las Vegas in a game that was never close.

Just sayin'

Utah in Vegas is a very different team than Utah at home.

Utah in Vegas is a very different team than Utah at home.

They lost to Seattle and Idaho at home too. Utah isn't very good this year. Would have been by a lot more if Gallon had stayed out of foul trouble.

Just sayin'

Not meant to be an attack on OSU. I don't really care about OSU.

I just remember that game being really lopsided.

on Dec, 2, 2003

OU defeated Arkansas Pine-Bluff 94-24

They lost to Seattle and Idaho at home too. Utah isn't very good this year. Would have been by a lot more if Gallon had stayed out of foul trouble.

If I remember right they were missing some starters for those games too. I'm not positive but I'm sure I heard it mentioned during the game.

Just sayin'

I don't compare scores vs. scores. That's not an exact science. I do see OSU with a very limited backcourt if they were to play other teams. I don't see that backcourt being able to handle ISU and Tech's backcourt, far less KU, UT, and OU's backcourt. I suspect he'll bring Pilgrim in and move Anderson over and have him play some guard when facing those guys.

I don't compare scores vs. scores. That's not an exact science. I do see OSU with a very limited backcourt if they were to play other teams. I don't see that backcourt being able to handle ISU and Tech's backcourt, far less KU, UT, and OU's backcourt. I suspect he'll bring Pilgrim in and move Anderson over and have him play some guard when facing those guys.

I know DM... I don't buy comparative scores either... I was just stirrin' up trouble. :)

I agree with you about our backcourt. Playing Page and Penn at the same time just isn't going to cut it against most teams.

Tulsa's big athletic guards really caused problems for us.

The upside, from OSU's perspective, is that Penn had his best game as a Poke that night. The problem was that Page had one of his worst.

OSU really needs Fred Gulley to continue to improve his ball security so that he can provide more minues as a defensive presence on the perimeter.

Any road win is a good win. Utah is a respectable program.

I would think a fan of team that is not far removed from a couple of seasons in a row without a road win would understand this but then I would also think anyone with a degree from Oklahomas State University could read.

Back