5 Tori Lasker 5-7 Fr G 10.75 PPG 12 Assists 40.91 3PT%
33 Keanna Keys 6-1 Sr F 8.00 PPG 6.00 REB 48.0T FG%
2 Monique Townson 5-6 Sr G 6.25 PPG

Reserves
30 Raeyana DeBray 5-11 Jr G 3.50 PPG
25 Anna Hurlburt 6-1 Soph F 2.00 PPG 5.33 REB
3 Terrion Moore 5-8 Fr G 2.75 PPG
22 Yanina Inkina 6-2 Jr F 4.75 PPG

UALR is 1-3, winning over Memphis only. Tulsa, Texas A&M, and Rice beat them. Tulsa beat them in Little Rock.

UALR doesn't shoot as well as their opposition from two or three. They are one of the leaders in the nation in free throw percentage. They have an A/T ratio of 1.00. But, their opponents have about a 0.5---good defense.

Unless we fall asleep, this should be one of the easier games on our schedule.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=750397&SPID=127261&

The game is on SoonerVision (pay) at 6:30.

At the end of the first quarter ............

OU 10

UALR 22

:facepalm

From live stats it appears that Vivi got 2 fouls in 2 minutes of play, and has had to sit down. Behind in turnovers, steals, and shooting percentage. All against a 1-3 team. Yuk
and we have zero assists. Yuk

Last edited:
36-20 ualr at the half....

That certainly isn't what any of us was expecting....:mad:

No fire????

UALR has no one over 6'2".....

Hopefully someone is watching the game.

Vivi has been out basically all first half but....dang, this team will be lucky and I mean very lucky to go 500 in the Big 12 this season. We just don't have the personnel this year. Our seniors are anything but leaders, and that's not being harsh, i'm just being honest, as painful as it is to say. Once again, I don't get how Simpson is a starter. I don't even think she's a DI player, she does this power dribble when she gets the ball down low and gets stripped every time. The two players that are doing something are of course our two freshmen, Shaina and Ana. And with as rough as I imagine this season will be, I would not be surprised if there were transfers. Of course I hope they stick it out, but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and the reason is our coaching. We scored 20 points this half. That has got to come down to coaching, she seems like she doesn't even care, and those assistant coaches seem worthless out there quite frankly. I know Geno, Dawn Staley, any premium coach would be in these girls' faces with the lack of effort I've seen.
SC makes 1.5 million a year from the last figures I saw and cannot come up with more?? With the effort and outcome I've seen these last few games I say off with her head. It's only going to get harder from here on out, because these UALR girls probably don't hold a candle to most of the Big 12 teams. Not what I hoped for this year, at all. I'm truly sad as a Sooner fan now. On the bright side, the men are looking great so far!!

Last edited:
Wow, Down 16 at the half. Can any one shoot the ball?

Yup, it's like they are afraid to be out there. Maybe Vivi can help but looks like we dug ourselves in a pretty big hole.

If nobody can hit, how about putting both centers in the game at the same time???

Height has its advantages.....

51-41

UALR lead down to 10 to start the fourth quarter.....

Hope we can pull this out.......if we don't, I'm afraid our consecutive streak of going to the tournament is over.

Man a hole we won't be able to play out of. Not the game, the season.

To me this is embarrassing. It's not that they are so bad (or good) but that we are so embarrassingly bad, poor, inept, dazed and confused.

they are just begging for us to take the lead, yet last three turnovers, all done by seniors. it's like they subconsciously don't want to win, so frustrating. but Gabi has lit it up this half! Madi has been plain pathetic, her ball handling skills are atrocious and nothing but turnovers. How many times in Ortiz's career has she tried to penetrate and then gotten stuck with nowhere to go and turned the ball over. This has just been a pathetic display overall. I don't care what percentages are thrown out there, we just don't have a leader on this team, maybe in a couple of years our freshmen now, but this senior class has no leader and has been nothing but disappointing all four years, this season will be very painful to watch.

Last edited:
Missing those free throws is a killer, standing there unguarded and miss so many.

I realize that OU should be able to win at Arkansas-Little Rock but why is OU playing a team like that on the road?

I watched the last 6-ish minutes. Small sample size maybe but that was BAD. Nobody could hold onto the ball. Everyone was falling all over the place. Nobody could hit a shot (I think I saw 1 made field goal in the last six minutes? Maybe 2.) Maddie looked like Michael Jordan in Space Jam after the looney toons took his powers. That was completely discombobulated basketball, as if the 5 guys on the floor only met 5 minutes before the game started. From everything I’ve read about UALR, they aren’t a good team and we just lost by DOUBLE DIGITS.

For whatever reason, Coach Coale consistently coaches teams who get SO in their heads and lose all confidence. I really wish we wouldn’t have scheduled so many road games early. This team can’t afford to lose their confidence like this. It’s a slippery slope.

I don’t know how much more time I can devote to this team.

What are the options......

I didn't get to see the game......but there's not many players that we can turn to....

How many suit up now????

I hate to be overly negative, but I agree with another poster..... I don't think some of our players are D-1 material.

Keeping in mind remedies have been put in place at least from a numbers standpoint and talent infusion from the next class.

But this is what happens with bad recruiting and undersigning the last two classes. The moment Dungee and Mulkey (I think Dungee would be helping, not so sure on Mulkey) declared their intent to transfer, a big mistake was made in not finding one or two senior grad transfers to help with the roster.
Unless things turn around we're seeing the results of not enough talent, over rated talent sadly.
Our seniors are what they have always been.
In terms of productive moves forward?? Promote LLanusa and Pellington as starters?? Force feed them minutes.
Mandy Simpson seems overwhelmed by the college game right now. But you have no other choice really.
With so many young players for 2018, perhaps Sherri really needs to look to Senior grad group and use a ship there.
But OU's in a hole, and the only way out is recruiting. Help is on the way big time with Tatum/Madison but it's might be a tough year getting to them.

Back