Oklahoma at Kansas State, 7:00 Sat., 1/5

Our only FG of the 3rd quarter came as the buzzer sounded.

Well I guess Sherri & Colton will just have to go back to work and get these young ladies back on track.

I just hope that the coaching staff will take the time to teach the kids how to set proper screens and how to rub off of them. Geeeeez

That's about as bad as it gets.

Not even close, Syb.

Counting tonight, 5 of 7 straight games are ON THE ROAD. So, surely you say, it will be better at the end of the year. Sorry. 3 of the last 3 are also on the road. Think about that. Only 2 more home games prior to the very end of January as you are trying to get the season started.

We need to get out of the Big-12. And we need an athletic director who is willing to represent and stand up for the Students at the University.

Unbeliever that Sherri does not set screens for Taylor. If I were her dad, I tell her to transfer to a school who has a coach.

If it were his dream, as I have said, then Colton needs to give up taking over from his mother and start looking for the best coaching job he can get now. If the season does not get better, there will be transfers, decommits and Sherri will probably not coach another season. If she does, it will be one. I believe there is a lot of positive things to be said about Sherri as a coach but it appears her biggest flaw is not hiring a coach who complements her and then actually listening to that coach. Maybe she had that with Bo Overton but have not seen since. I guess the alternative is that she nor her assistants/associates have any positive attributes as coaches. I don't think that is true, but I do not think they work well together to put a good team on the floor.
One specific thing, I have only seen a few players actually get better since I started watching in 2002.

Really hoping for the team's and coaches' sakes, that this season gets better. Still, something has to change.

I did not get to see the game tonight. However, I just finished looking at the stat sheet and was shocked at the numbers.

There were a lot of close statistics, but I got the feeling from the board that we really stunk it up tonight in every way possible.28 percent from the field? WTH? We probably hit a season high from the line.

It sounds like we put on one of the worst performances of Sherri’s career.

What the Hell happened?

I figured we’d have trouble with KSU’s height. Was that a big problem? Where they faster/quicker? Bad calls? Clearly they shot like crap.

Give me a rundown and I’ll try to catch a replay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope some of you can now see why I feel the way I do concerning Sherri Coale as a coach. Not and never said anything bad about her as a person (if I recall correctly) but guys this program is in a poor way and it falls all or mostly on Sherri.

I did not get to see the game tonight. However, I just finished looking at the stat sheet and was shocked at the numbers.

There were a lot of close statistics, but I got the feeling from the board that we really stunk it up tonight in every way possible.28 percent from the field? WTH? We probably hit a season high from the line.

It sounds like we put on one of the worst performances of Sherri’s career.

What the Hell happened?

I figured we’d have trouble with KSU’s height. Was that a big problem? Where they faster/quicker? Bad calls? Clearly they shot like crap.

Give me a rundown and I’ll try to catch a replay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They played like they were inexperienced, and shorter. Going to have this type of game if you have freshmen and sophomores as your top 8 players. Really good showing against UCONN, great win against Tech, then a stinker away from home. We are going to suffer this year because of recruiting failures 3, 4 and 5 years ago. Still, this team hustles and shows promise. I prefer this team to most the last few years.

I was thinking after the OU loss to KSU. Did any of you posters play high school basketball? If so I have a second question. What is the real difference between your credentials to be an OU WBB assistant coach and Colton Coale's credentials? The answer appears to be not much. :ez-laugh:

I was thinking after the OU loss to KSU. Did any of you posters play high school basketball? If so I have a second question. What is the real difference between your credentials to be an OU WBB assistant coach and Colton Coale's credentials? The answer appears to be not much. :ez-laugh:

I really wish Sherri could turn it around but I fear this year is the year that everything is comes to roost for Sherri. The team looks so completely overwhelmed. I know they beat a terrible Texas Tech team (they played every D-2 team in West Texas) and stayed within a few points of UConn. I personally think Geno was taking it easy on Sherri. Mulkey will NOT take it on Sherri.

I am still upset that OU doesn't run the player camps during the Summer. You build relationships with the local kids (Patti has those going throughout the Summer).

Spock, you are absolutely correct on Colton. I don't know how a coach can make that hire? I know that nepotism runs deep in the OU athletic department from Mike Stoops to Kevin Kruger to J. T. Gasso.

Of course, Mike Stoops had years of being a successful defensive assistant at Kansas State before he arrived. Kevin Kruger played Pro Basketball around the world and Lon had him go cut his teeth at another school (Northern Arizona) 2015-2016 before bringing him to Norman in 2017 after losing Steve Henson and Lew Hill to head coaching jobs after about 20 years for each on Lon's staff. I think it took Lon several years to get the staff back to the level of the Final Four team. I have to remind people that like Lon Kruger, Patti made J. T. gain experience on other staff's. People forget that he was the hitting coach at Purdue and Michigan State before coming back to OU. Even in Women's Gymnastics K. J. and Lou Ball are married but both had significant D-1 experience and with K. J. head coaching experience before arriving at OU. I don't know that I have ever seen a Assistant Coach hired with less experience. I guess he was the Radio Voice for the OU Women's Basketball team and a Male Practice Player while he was in College.

I really wish Sherri could turn it around but I fear this year is the year that everything is comes to roost for Sherri. The team looks so completely overwhelmed. I know they beat a terrible Texas Tech team (they played every D-2 team in West Texas) and stayed within a few points of UConn. I personally think Geno was taking it easy on Sherri. Mulkey will NOT take it on Sherri.

I am still upset that OU doesn't run the player camps during the Summer. You build relationships with the local kids (Patti has those going throughout the Summer).

Spock, you are absolutely correct on Colton. I don't know how a coach can make that hire? I know that nepotism runs deep in the OU athletic department from Mike Stoops to Kevin Kruger to J. T. Gasso.

Of course, Mike Stoops had years of being a successful defensive assistant at Kansas State before he arrived. Kevin Kruger played Pro Basketball around the world and Lon had him go cut his teeth at another school (Northern Arizona) 2015-2016 before bringing him to Norman in 2017 after losing Steve Henson and Lew Hill to head coaching jobs after about 20 years for each on Lon's staff. I think it took Lon several years to get the staff back to the level of the Final Four team. I have to remind people that like Lon Kruger, Patti made J. T. gain experience on other staff's. People forget that he was the hitting coach at Purdue and Michigan State before coming back to OU. Even in Women's Gymnastics K. J. and Lou Ball are married but both had significant D-1 experience and with K. J. head coaching experience before arriving at OU. I don't know that I have ever seen a Assistant Coach hired with less experience. I guess he was the Radio Voice for the OU Women's Basketball team and a Male Practice Player while he was in College.
You are absolutely spot on in all of this.

The difference is we KNOW we arn’t Goode enough..

I thought we were going in the right direction after playing DePaul and Connecticut close then having that 10-day break seem to have put us in a stalemate...we looked sloppy as can be against Tech, certainly not the team that played tight against Connecticut and obviously played horrible against Kansas State. as everyone has said, this is to be expected with such a young team, but I still can't be content with this as a fan. I just can't. I don't want to be an embarrassment program and at the bottom of the Big 12 and we are and will continue to be this year. I thought maybe we could beat Texas this week but now I know we won't and the two games after that I feel like we will lose as well. I looked at the schedule and I believe we will be 5 - 10 before realistically we can win another game...unless a miracle happens and we completely change the way we've been playing, again. This is not what you want in a program. To win 15 games a season 2 years in a row with no major changes ahead in the future makes me realize this program is in peril, you can't get good recruits, even if they are Oklahoma fans, if you produce bad teams consecutive years. Nobody wants to play for a crap team no matter how big is fan they are. Just completely disappointed in SC... AS USUAL

The last time this team/program was going in the right direction I had hair on my head.

OU women fall in rout to Kansas State

A cold shooting night left the Oklahoma women’s basketball team playing from behind all night in an 86-56 loss to Kansas State Saturday night in Manhattan, Kansas.

The Sooners (5-8, 1-1 Big 12) shot just 28 percent (14-of-50) from the field and 23 percent (5-of-22) from 3-point range. OU trailed by five points after one quarter and was 19 down at halftime.

Ana Llanusa led OU with 14 points and five rebounds off the bench. Taylor Robertson added 12 points.

Back