OU at Kansas State

Simpson in the game......got to run some cutters for her.

Free throws ending the game.

Nice win for the Sooners.

Last edited:
Downright terrible call on the foul on Maddie on the three point shot.:facepalm

Good win in a tough place. Gabbi kept us in it offensively until Vivi and Maddie started making a shots.

I was very happy we didn’t do our normal crash and burn at the end of the first and beginning of the third.

We needed this win. Hope we can build off of it. Good job by the ladies tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goth drawing that foul call on the 3-point attempt by jumping into the defender is the worst play in all of basketball.

Really good win! Proud of our seniors ViVi and Gabbi for stepping up big time.

Downright terrible call on the foul on Maddie on the three point shot.:facepalm

Every time I think women’s basketball officiating can’t get worse...

Dee Kanter is a regular official at Final 4. SMDH.

Fake foul, missed free throws.

Big win. Key win. This team beat WV and OSU, WV in Morgantown. This is the way we have to play, with fewer turnovers.

22 turnovers.....:facepalm

but 7-14 from 3 land will hide some problems.

Much needed win. Need to build off this win and pummel the pukes Saturday.

Glad to see us back at 500, hopefully we can get a win vs OSU...

Other games of interest:

South Florida 81
Memphis 62

Murray State 65
Belmont 70

West Virginia 73
Oklahoma State 79

Texas Tech 68
Kansas 56

First conference win for Tech.

OU now is #28 in rpi. If we finish #28, we will make the tournament.

The key is that we shot 56.6% from the field, 50% from three. K State wins by permitting only about 37% from the field. They didn't shut us down.

When TCU beat Texas, they hit 9 of 11 from three and 58% from the field. It is difficult to beat a team shooting over fifty percent, especially 81.8% from three.

syb,
even if OU is sub .500 ??? what's a fair projection on the rest of the schedule??

There is a reason to be a bit proud of this team right now. After a four-game losing streak that included a couple of bad losses, this team has played pretty well for the past ten games, with a 6-4 record against some pretty good opposition. All of those four losses were to teams ranked #1, #4, #9, and #24.

Mixed in with the four losses were six wins, three on the road. Has Maddie played each of those ten games with a broken thumb? We finished with a win over a pretty good Kansas State team on their home floor.

79-74 South Florida (#22 rpi), #23 WBCA. #28 (others receiving votes) AP
105-63 New Mexico (#58 rpi)
64-88 at Connecticut #1 everywhere
78-88 Texas (#9 rpi) #9 WBCA, #9 AP
74-69 at Iowa State (#153 rpi)
84-71 TCU (#75 rpi) #29 AP (others receiving votes)
82-96 at Oklahoma State (#43 rpi) #24 AP
73-52 at Texas Tech (#232 rpi)
52-74 Baylor (#18 rpi) #4 in both polls
76-71 at Kansas State (#68 rpi) #36 AP (others receiving votes)

That's a fairly strong run, losing only to ranked teams, two on the road.

OU has had a rough schedule. Others:

#5 at Oregon
#29 at DePaul
#36 at South Dakota State
have two against #37 West Virginia coming up
#74 Belmont
#130 at Ark Little Rock
#179 at Colorado State

syb,
even if OU is sub .500 ??? what's a fair projection on the rest of the schedule??
I anticipate the following:

OSU 60:40
Kansas W
at TCU W 75:25
Kansas State W 55-45
West Virginia W
at Baylor L
at Kansas W
at West Virginia L
Iowa State W
Texas Tech W
at Texas L

I look for OU to take two of three of those I've given odds for. I tend to think we can handle TCU because they just don't seem to match up well against us. Kansas State may be the next best team in the Big Twelve, but they don't seem to fare well against us as a rule. OSU? West Virginia, we should sweep. But, we seem to have difficulty in Morgantown..

I see us at 7-4, making us 11-7, 16-13 overall. We might sneak in a win against Texas. It would not surprise me to see us sweep WV. If not, we might pick up a win against Texas.

I just don't see Tech, Iowa State, or Kansas being a threat, maybe not TCU. There seems to be a lot of difference between the bottom five and the top five.

I think that is a reasonable analysis.

However, we tend to have trouble in Stillwater and the Morgantown couch-burners always seem to be a real thorn in our side, no matter where we play them.

If we finish with a winning record this year, I think that is a positive we can use to build upon for next season.

It's going to be an interesting end to the year that's for sure.

We have already played in Stillwater. We have only lost to OSU in Norman once this century (2012).

But, OU has never won in Morgantown. From their recent performance, this may be the year. Their star is still missing. WV lost to Kansas State and TCU in Morgantown.` Still no Martin.

We have already played in Stillwater. We have only lost to OSU in Norman once this century (2012).

But, OU has never won in Morgantown. From their recent performance, this may be the year. Their star is still missing. WV lost to Kansas State and TCU in Morgantown.` Still no Martin.

With our luck, there will be a miraculous healing before Feb. 3. ;)

Back