Central Arkansas

It is easy to say bench someone for errors if you are sitting in the stands instead of the bench.

But if you are trying to win a game, fighting foul trouble and only 6 deep with players who are ready to compete at this level, are you really going to play Lampkin instead of Maddi because of high turnovers or missed free shots?.

Particularly when Sherri challenges her players to push the envelope.

And when we have trouble getting players open in our half court game.

If I am going to blame Sherri for anything it would be for not going for a transfer or graduate to fill our gaping hole in the middle. Even the top teams are filling their gaps with quality transfers these days.

I love how Syb is so blindly a SC fanatic he/she makes it seem like consistently making 15-16 turnovers/game every year is somehow acceptable. Same one NCAA Champ/F4 team that averaged that. Our historically awful turnover laden teams are what have kept us from being a good program lately. That, in my very strong opinion, is the coach's fault. If you can't consistently develop a team that knows how to take care of the ball you don't need to be coaching. Your best years are behind you. We don't value the ball enough. I watched a team who we were all talking about being awful just a few weeks ago (Oklahoma state) play much better than we have all year, with essentially a newer team than we have. I myself thought they'd be an easy sweep this year, now not so sure at all.... You tell me that they have a better recruiting class than we did last year (they didn't by a long shot), or that they have more experience coming back. This is a classic example of better coaching. I'm sure some will dispute this bc they don't want to face the facts.

We need a coaching staff that can get back to the basics and instill discipline in these girls!!! (at least on a consistent basis)

1 Connecticut--13
2 Notre Dame--68
3 Oregon--4
4 Louisville--255
5 Baylor--68
6 Mississippi State--123
7 Maryland--202
8 Oregon State--42
9 Tennessee--141
10 NC State--184

Boy! There certainly is a high correlation between ESPN Coaches Poll ranking and the fewest turnovers.

Facts are only facts if you don't examine them. It has been five or six years, but I took each of the various factors like field goal percentage, scoring offense, scoring defense, turnovers, etc., and compared them to the top ten teams for the year.

The only solid correlation was field goal percentage to rank. Turnovers were little more than random, somewhat like what you see above. Defense had more effect, as did rebounding. Some had some correlation, but the only tight correlation was field goal percentage.

It is easy to look at the NCAA statistics and do studies on them. They are available on the internet.

Syb is so right. 15-30 turnovers per game for years is no big deal.🤔🤷🏻🤦

Facts are not facts unless they suit you.🧐🤪🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The powerhouse Central Arkansas Sugar Bears just got nipped at the buzzer by unranked Texas A&M by the tune of 84-27. That really gives me some doubts about our
season. The Sugar Bears must have been so embarrassed by loss to us they just felt terrible.

Last edited:
The powerhouse Central Arkansas Sugar Bears just got got nipped at the buzzer by unranked Texas A&M by the tune of 84-27. That really gives me some doubts about our
season. The Sugar Bears must have been so embarrassed by loss to us they just felt terrible.
I guess the Sugar Bears overlooked A&M

The powerhouse Central Arkansas Sugar Bears just got got nipped at the buzzer by unranked Texas A&M by the tune of 84-27. That really gives me some doubts about our

Wow that really makes me feel like we are going to get pounded tomorrow by DePaul, and a lot of the Big 12 teams...

Wow that really makes me feel like we are going to get pounded tomorrow by DePaul, and a lot of the Big 12 teams...

We better not look past DePaul and UConn thinking how weak SMU and Texas Tech appear to the Sooners of SC.

The good news is that we are getting better fast, right.

Back