12/29 It begins at Kansas

84 - 54 final score.

I would go with Nancy as POG. She dominated and controlled the way Kansas could play.

But several played well.

Edwards suspended tonight for violating team rules. Does anyone know why EJ or Rich did not get in the game?

I wondered where TT was. I wonder if they are redshirting Morgan? This would have been a game to let her play.

This game was totally dominated after that opening 10-2 run by Kansas. Once we caught up and took the lead, it was just a matter of who scored and how often. Would have been nice to hit a free throw here or there. Eleven of twenty-five is not good.

One lead change! We took the lead and ran away.

14 points, 7 blocks, nine rebounds for Nancy.

Several did well.

Still on holiday and didn't hear the game. Nancy starting surprised me and didn't. Vivi has not been playing well.

Looking at the stats, I'm pleasantly surprised at the balanced scoring.

Still have some trouble rebounding.

11 blocks? Are you kidding me? Mulkey must have terrorized the crap out of them.

And the steals?

I know it's Kansas, but wow. That's some serious defense.

I hope they can keep it up against the tougher competition.

Did I misread the stats or did Edwards not play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered where TT was. I wonder if they are redshirting Morgan? This would have been a game to let her play.

This game was totally dominated after that opening 10-2 run by Kansas. Once we caught up and took the lead, it was just a matter of who scored and how often. Would have been nice to hit a free throw here or there. Eleven of twenty-five is not good.

Several did well.

Really nice ball movement and team play on the offensive end. Nancy getting better at positioning herself to receive the ball. If I have one defensive criticism it would be leaving the 3 point line open in pressure situations. However, I sure liked how hard they played on both ends of the floor tonight.

Kansas State 57
Baylor 87

West Virginia 83
TCU 61

Texas Tech 47
Texas 67

Oklahoma 84
Kansas 54

Iowa State 59
Oklahoma State 71

OSU outscored IS 27-12 in the fourth quarter to get the win.

Very nice tonight. Much improved since L.V. I thought. If we hit free throws it is coast in the forth qt.

Are we disappointed with Chelsea and Nancy yet?

I think everyone played well and contributed. Yet, I think it was Maddie's early scoring (first five and twelve in the first half) and Nancy's interior domination that broke open a close game early. We won the quarters: 21-14, 21-17, 26-13, and 16-10 (reserves). That is pretty steady. We went from 2-10 to 21-14, a 19-4 run, in the first quarter.

Several did well.

Morgan played a minute in the Portland State game making one of two free throws as far as stats go. I didn't think you could redshirt if you had played at all, except I believe there are exceptions if you only played a game or two in preseason and get hurt. So is she allowed to redshirt now?

Morgan played a minute in the Portland State game making one of two free throws as far as stats go. I didn't think you could redshirt if you had played at all, except I believe there are exceptions if you only played a game or two in preseason and get hurt. So is she allowed to redshirt now?
You can redshirt if you play in twenty percent or fewer of a team's games.

Are we disappointed with Chelsea and Nancy yet?

I think everyone played well and contributed. Yet, I think it was Maddie's early scoring (first five and twelve in the first half) and Nancy's interior domination that broke open a close game early. We won the quarters: 21-14, 21-17, 26-13, and 16-10 (reserves). That is pretty steady. We went from 2-10 to 21-14, a 19-4 run, in the first quarter.

Have always looked forward to seeing them play. I am disappointed that my two favorite players to follow have maybe had only a couple of good games....Gioya and Vivi. Gioya, I believe, can't get out of her head. Vivi, I am really surprised. She has consistently improved her game since she came here. Still hoping they both have a great year and Gioya didn't have a bad game tonight just not what I was hoping for.

Last edited:
You can redshirt if you play in twenty percent or fewer of a team's games.

Thanks for the info. Had no clue. And does that mean at the end of a year if you played in 20 percent or fewer, you can then call that year a redshirt year or is there a time in the season when that rule is no longer applicable?

Vivi is having to re-learn something. She only played two years of HS and is raw. She has to learn not to put the ball on the floor---ever. She also has to learn to react more quickly and pass back out before they surround her. She waits too long, and they have discovered her indecision. Leads to turnovers and missed shots.

Gioya was actually playing the best that I have seen her play this year, totally within herself. She wasn't throwing dumb passes or committing silly reach-in fouls. She took good shots, made the right plays. I think she saw that the pressure was off and responded in a more relaxed manner.

Thanks for the info. Had no clue. And does that mean at the end of a year if you played in 20 percent or fewer, you can then call that year a redshirt year or is there a time in the season when that rule is no longer applicable?
Yep.

I believe her redshirt year has been the last year that she has been sitting out.

Yes. But. How does the injury enter the picture? What kind of scholarship did she have last Spring? We don't really know if she was enrolled in a way that had anything to do with eligibility at times.

Maddie always seemed to be reluctant to be the scorer. Now, she does it so effortlessly.

Yes. But. How does the injury enter the picture? What kind of scholarship did she have last Spring? We don't really know if she was enrolled in a way that had anything to do with eligibility at times.

What injury? If she was injured, it would be redshirt but if injured again, she could potentially petition for additional year after her playing career was over, i.e. Maddie this year, if she chooses.

Last edited:
Back