12/29 It begins at Kansas

Maddie always seemed to be reluctant to be the scorer. Now, she does it so effortlessly.

She's been the most consistent since returning from second injury by far. This team is driving to the basket more than recent years.

She was recovering from an ACL. When they said she didn't meet the requirements of Kentucky, I wondered if it were academic, disciplinary, or injury-related. A lot has never been clear.

It is curious that only a month ago, Sherri said she would be a good scorer because she was our "best shooter." Now?

She was recovering from an ACL. When they said she didn't meet the requirements of Kentucky, I wondered if it were academic, disciplinary, or injury-related. A lot has never been clear.

It is curious that only a month ago, Sherri said she would be a good scorer because she was our "best shooter." Now?

Well, she couldn't officially play until semester was over and the first game was Vegas tourney. Sherri did say somewhere that she was the best shooter. I thought she would have played more once eligible but I have no idea what has been going on in practice.

These are good questions. I doubt the players who enroll early in other sports lose a year of eligibility by doing so.

You will need to talk with insiders to find out the exact format of her spring 2016 semester enrollment.

Great win for the team... Mulkey still as a project has a lot of since you eventually I expect her to expand her range and shoot threes...

Rich was on basketball scholarship last year and redshirted. OU roster lists her as redshirt freshman.

I think she has 7 semesters of eligibility at OU. This semester, plus the next 3 years. She served 2 semesters as a redshirt at OU and 1 semester at Kentucky. You are allowed 4 years of playing time in 5 years of college. She basically wasted a semester at Kentucky. It was not a redshirt but counts towards her 4 years of playing time,

After thinking about it a while, with so many players and trying to settle into a substitution rotation and unless she was going to be a star on day one, then she wasn't going to rock the boat. That's my theory, for whatever that's worth!

Probably doesn't matter. If you can't get minutes in a 30 point blowout you are not likely to become a factor.

I was impressed with her highlight video.

Yep, agree about Gioya, though thought she had one or two good games earlier in the season, I did not see them so this may have been her best, as you say, because she was playing within herself.

I thought last year that Vivi and Kay Kay both put the ball on the floor too much. I did not notice that Vivi hesitated and it caused problems. Will look for that. I believe if it those things are pointed out and emphasized to her that she will improve quickly. She appears to take her game and her team serious. Or maybe they have been and it is taking a bit.

I believe we got a real star in bloom in Maddie. She can and did do everything again tonight. I just hope we can have her another year because her talent is off the charts. She hit 3s and jumpers- and slashed at will through KUs d, who looks like an athletic team. She even ran the point and looked good at it too. The best part of her game other than her defense: the ball moves. Everyone plays better when the ball moves,that is why Maddie HAS to be the focal point. She looked like a star again.

Gabbi, Peyton and Nancy I like what they did tonight.

Vivi I am questioning everything right now.

Gioya had some great mins. But the ball can lose some energy when she has it sometimes... I want her and Maddie to coexist, I just don't know if it's possible. They both need the ball at all times.

Good win.

A few weeks ago I said Manning would be remembered as a great soon but only a good player.

If she can be this consistent when the big dogs show up for the rest of this season and she comes back and plays next year as well as she is playing now or better, I will be happy to eat my words.

Greatness is about consistency whether it's the cellar dwellers or the big dogs.

Good to Maddie and the entire team. Learn from this last few games and Boomer Sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about EJ? No minutes for her either. I thought she had been improving.

Back