OU at UCLA NCAA Round 2 8pm 3/20

For what it’s worth, OU is a 6.5 point underdog.

Don't follow Pac women's basketball much, but unless that conference is much tougher than I believe it to be, I think the Sooners have at least a decent chance of staying with the Bruins.

UCLA's home court advantage will be the biggest obstacle for OU to overcome, IMO.

Down 41-28 at half. Too many turnovers and 4-18 shooting on 2 point shots. Have to play and shoot a lot better in the 2nd half.

Never thought I would say this but we are better with Taylor sitting.

We couldn’t keep it up in Q4…we went cold shooting and UCLA got to the free throw line and made them. Good effort after we got down big in the first half. Good year for us…I think we performed about as well as we could. The team and Jennie have had enough success to build from..now we have to recruit and develop bigger, longer, stronger, quicker athletes.

Never thought I would say this but we are better with Taylor sitting.

We were tonight. UCLA was driving and scoring on her every time she was on defense and the 3s she took weren't even close. When we came back it seemed like Jennie put our best defensive players on the court.

They were a tough matchup for us due to their size. I think I read they had 2 girls 6'4" and 3 or 4 who were 6'2".

I was at the game. That third quarter was amazing and it was a PARTY behind the Sooner bench. At half, I was afraid they’d fold and this would end up as another Utah/ND/Texas game. Proud of this team and it broke my heart to see TRob break down as the buzzer sounded. Her, Madi, and Ana gave all they had to this university.

Thank you Seniors for taking us along on your journey. It was a fun year. We all wanted it to go longer, but you gave it your all.
What upset me, was there was 2 minutes left, and T-Rob is on the bench. Yes, I know, she didn't have a good game. We weren't going to win anyway. She's a SENIOR and this was going to be her FINAL game. It's called RESPECT. Coach should have put her, and any other seniors in, that were on the bench.
We will miss our SENIORS and wish them well, as they start another chapter of their life. BOOMER SOONER!!!

Great effort. Now they can focus on recruiting and contacting payers in the portal. Also, find out who else is leaving the program.

Two thoughts on the game - showed great fight and heart coming back just couldn’t finish. And maybe if we don’t have so many ridiculous turnovers many of which are unforced and dig so deep a hole we win that game. Two things we need to focus on- get taller and play smarter less high risk passes and silly turnovers

The real reason we lost, JB's daughter ran out of juice in the 4th quarter, that little one was giving everything she had for 3 quarters. Need for fans like her!

Thanks for a fun and productive year to team.
Now recruit players with size and quickness and we can improve again next year.
Thanks to an amazing group of seniors who stuck with OU and gave us their best

Jennie’s daughter was absolutely adorable! Highlight
Of the game and maybe the entire season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While Jennie's daughter was pumped and deeply involved in the game what appeared to be her older brother that was seated on the other side of their father the couple of times I saw him when they were showing the family he was rather unemotional while his sister was on her extreme expression of support.

Just an observation.

We need to get into the portal for some real size, we don't have anyone over 6'3" coming next year and it seems everyone we play is bigger than we are. I hope Beatrice is working on a 15-20 foot jumper, so teams can't sag off of her like they do now when she plays high post. Her future is very bright, and I think we lots of work and time so is Johnson's and I hope Reyna Scott- I say I hope because she has game, I hope she doesn't portal she's a long way from home and didn't play much this year

Back