OU has three of top 11 individual seasons in one-and-done era

We've been blessed in that regard. That ranking of Blake is a complete injustice, though. I'm not sure I could exclude him from top 2 overall...certainly not outside of our top 2.

And nothing to show for it. Not even a Big 12 title...

Because Texas and their fatass got away with attempted murder on Blake. Literally couldn't figure out when his concussion happened because there were so many dirty plays.

Also Buddy had a Final 4 to show for it. Blake went to the Elite 8. Both lost to the eventual champion.

That's not nothing.

And nothing to show for it. Not even a Big 12 title...
When is the last time we had 2 players that were at least decent role players in the NBA at the same time on our team? Probably has to go back to the Tubbs era and I'm not even sure he had that happen a lot. Blaylock and Grant maybe? I know it hasn't happened since the Sampson era.

Also Buddy had a Final 4 to show for it. Blake went to the Elite 8. Both lost to the eventual champion.

That's not nothing.

Blake vs UNC should’ve been for the Natty. 2 best teams

Blake vs UNC should’ve been for the Natty. 2 best teams

Yup. Blake's team would have been #1 a lot of years. That UNC team was loaded -- one of the best of the past 20 years. Danny Green was a senior, and probably 5th best player on that team.

So much experience and talent on that team...followed by the big implosion the next year.

When is the last time we had 2 players that were at least decent role players in the NBA at the same time on our team? Probably has to go back to the Tubbs era and I'm not even sure he had that happen a lot. Blaylock and Grant maybe? I know it hasn't happened since the Sampson era.

Zepp, for a good part of the 1990s, we had Wayman, Harvey, Mookie, Stacey, Anthony Bowie and Brent Price all playing at the same time. We'll probably never top that. Billy also had Kurt Thomas and Lee Nailon later that decade...the man knew how to send guys to the NBA.

Back