OU in the NIT #1 seed vs MIssouri ST

A more real analysis shows Mo State at 22-10 with a NET ranking of 68. Only played 3 games against Q1 and 23 games against Q3 and Q4. No games played against power conference teams. They shoot the ball REALLY well from the field and beyond the arc and are #4 in FT shooting %. They score the ball almost as well as Kansas. They are dominated in stats by Isaiah Mosley, SG, and Gaige Prim, PF. Mosley went for 40 this year against Loyola.

Better play well on D or this is a game we could be upset if we don't take care of the ball.

Interesting note, I believe Missouri State is in Loyola-Chicago's conference, so Porter and staff should be very familiar with them.

I’m sure Porter and his staff already know about Isaiah Mosely. He’s one of those players who can beat us if we allow Missouri State to hang around too long.

Missouri State fans and supporters definitely know what they’ve got! I found an interesting article this morning to prove it. As you’ll see, the community launched a fund raising campaign so they will be in a position to offer their star player a sizable NIL if he stays at MSU.

Is that what OU will need to do to sign the high profile recruits on our recruiting list?

https://www.news-leader.com/story/s...ih-mosley-given-sizable-nil-offer/9419210002/

Sorry its my disdain for the local radio guys. Not a reflection on the poster

I graduated from MO state and slightly follow them (Dana Ford had just been hired when I graduated).

The Soons need to come out motivated. MSU is not a bad team. I would personally take them over Utah State or even Butler. Two teams OU lost to.

FYI—I see some $15 reserved seats are available for sale in the lower sections (pull out bleachers).

I graduated from MO state and slightly follow them (Dana Ford had just been hired when I graduated).

The Soons need to come out motivated. MSU is not a bad team. I would personally take them over Utah State or even Butler. Two teams OU lost to.

No question they are better than both those teams.

They're not far apart in NET rankings, but I'm not sure I'd agree that MSU is unquestionably better than USU (based entirely on rankings -- I've not seen them play).

It’s hard to get a read on the NIT because some teams show up ready to play while others are depressed they didn’t make the NCAA tourney. Hard to say if OU will be ready to play. OU is clearly better than Missouri state, but we could lose if we don’t show up ready to play.

It’s hard to get a read on the NIT because some teams show up ready to play while others are depressed they didn’t make the NCAA tourney. Hard to say if OU will be ready to play. OU is clearly better than Missouri state, but we could lose if we don’t show up ready to play.

OU played with great effort in all but two games this year -- both of the games right after Harkless was injured. My guess is that Moser fires them up about playing in MSG. He's not going to accept lackluster effort.

I thought we were very flat in Austin and for parts of the game in Ft. Worth.

I thought we were very flat in Austin and for parts of the game in Ft. Worth.

Agree. Stillwater wasn’t exactly inspiring, either. When you aren’t especially talented, you can’t afford to have games like that. I imagine Moser has pointed that out to the team in the 30 hours since the selection show. Every game matters unless you’re a KU or Gonzaga and can occasionally sleepwalk through a game and get away with it.

Agree. Stillwater wasn’t exactly inspiring, either. When you aren’t especially talented, you can’t afford to have games like that. I imagine Moser has pointed that out to the team in the 30 hours since the selection show. Every game matters unless you’re a KU or Gonzaga and can occasionally sleepwalk through a game and get away with it.

I forgot about Stillwater--ugh.

Back