>>>>>>>OU-Iowa State Game Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-Iowa State Game Thread<<<<<<<

Is ISU really the 2nd best team or is it OU? I suppose most everybody has already long conceded KU as being the best in the conference (although I don't really believe they are really that much better than the rest of the league).

Disagree. ISU is the better team, and the tougher matchup for OU. OU should spank UT, slow bigs and smaller guards that can't score it very well.

agreed 100%

OU is a bad matchup for Texas ... and if we're not hitting our shots ISU will bury us.

Agreed. OU just beat the second best team in the Big 12 tonight by double digits, and even that is debatable. ISU may be better than KU on a neutral floor. IMO, that was a better win than our road game against UT.

I absolutely agree. ISU is a really good, well-coached team.

Ada, I think our road win against OSU was a better win than the one at Texas.

I think that might have been the best I've ever seen an OU team play in person. Wow. Really glad that the crowd showed up ready to rock. That was a huge win, obviously. But if we can sustain that going forward, we might have just witnessed a program changing win. Sure feels like that next step has finally been taken!

Agreed. OU just beat the second best team in the Big 12 tonight by double digits, and even that is debatable. ISU may be better than KU on a neutral floor. IMO, that was a better win than our road game against UT.

This league is so damn tough. It's really hard to determine who the best team is. One team may have a worse record than another, but they also might be a horrible matchup for the team above them....and beat them.

It's going to be a great Big 12 tournament.

Ada, I think our road win against OSU was a better win than the one at Texas.

No doubt about it, usedtobe1. The Pokes are playing really good basketball right now. Since their loss at home to OU, they have won three straight, all against ranked teams.

No doubt about it, usedtobe1. The Pokes are playing really good basketball right now. Since their loss at home to OU, they have won three straight, all against ranked teams.

That season sweep is looking really nice on our resume.

What the hell are out talking about? OU is the best team in the Big 12 right now, and it's frankly not even that close. I don't get why people here consistently undervalue this team. Iowa State might finish in the bottom half of the Big 12 (not in terms of record, but in terms of who would be favored).

You realize that the difference between playing at home and on the road is probably at least 8 points, right? ISU might (might) be better than Texas, but they're not 8 points better, and we dominated the Texas game way more than we did tonight.

edit: in reply to AdaSooner saying ISU might be the best team in the Big 12.

Outstanding tonight!

you can't compare them like that MI ... it's a matter of matchups. Texas is an easier matchup for us than ISU.

I got tired of Fran saying that OU was fatigued....I hollered at the TV...."What game are you watching, Fran? We are up 20" I don't think it was US that was tired!!!!! Anyway, great game, guys....Proud of you !!!!

I got tired of Fran saying that OU was fatigued....I hollered at the TV...."What game are you watching, Fran? We are up 20" I don't think it was US that was tired!!!!! Anyway, great game, guys....Proud of you !!!!

At the under 8 media timeout the ISU players were bent over sucking wind. You could see the body language of Niang when he came out of that time out, he didn't want to be there anymore, he was gassed.

Back