OU offers Denton, TX freshman, Jalen Wilson

If the kid accepts, and doesn't "pan out", I doubt Lon would have any problems pulling his scholarship. Some of you probably don't think Lon would do that, but I think he would. Guarantee there is a verbal part of any offer Lon makes this early that includes the player continuing to improve.

He's already done it at least once...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardrick was never a good player he was just tall young and Kelvin believed he was going to get taller. The injuries didn't help but he wasn't good before them. He was only a center and he was the same size as this kid who is a guard or wing.

Cousins would have been drafted by San Antonio in the first round if the kid they took hadn't dropped from a projected top 10 pick.

Getting a kid to commit and then being willing to pull his scholarship 3-4 years later if he isn't as good as you thought doesn't seem ethical.

Getting a kid to commit and then being willing to pull his scholarship 3-4 years later if he isn't as good as you thought doesn't seem ethical.

Neither does committing to a school and saying to the staff over and over again you are solid, then decommit 9 months later when the other players you targeted have committed elsewhere.

Schools & players do what's best for them. Now if your telling a kid to wait til signing day to flip their commit, like UT, then you have a point.

Hardrick was a bust, there is room for more than one bust on a top 20 program. If Lon hits on 80% of the kids he likes he is doing a really good job.

Back