*****OU-Oklahoma State Pregame Notes/Game Thread*****

We have hurt ourselves with our play, there's no doubt about it, but how many times do we have to hear these pro-aggie announcers say, "Lots of contact, but no whistle" when we have the ball?

The officials sucked. Sadly, we sucked even more.

We should have won this game. It was there for the taking down the stretch, and we just couldn't get anything to go down -- even point-blank shots.

Basketball is so much dependent on confidence and our confidence was slammed a couple of weeks ago and it's no where to be found. We're not the best team by any stretch of imagination but IMO I don't believe we're as bad as we've played these last 4 games. I just hope we can get that confidence back soon!

Don't let the final score fool you. We were never a threat to win this game. With our apparent regression, how can anyone say, with a straight face, that this team can win more than 3 or 4 conference games? This is going to be another long year. :facepalm

We have hurt ourselves with our play, there's no doubt about it, but how many times do we have to hear these pro-aggie announcers say, "Lots of contact, but no whistle" when we have the ball?

The officials sucked. Sadly, we sucked even more.

We should have won this game. It was there for the taking down the stretch, and we just couldn't get anything to go down -- even point-blank shots.

My concern is that these FG shooting woes (32% tonight) will be the norm against better defensive teams. OSU played decent D. I'm afraid we simply don't have the weapons on this team.

What did Cam do to warrant such long bench time? Last time I remember he was heating up.

Don't let the final score fool you. We were never a threat to win this game. With our apparent regression, how can anyone say, with a straight face, that this team can win more than 3 or 4 conference games? This is going to be another long year. :facepalm

Because there's no reason to believe that this regression is permanent. If we'd played tonight like we were playing two or three weeks ago, we win this game. There's no reason to think we can't get back to that level of play. There are no guarantees, of course, but neither is there a guarantee that this will be our level of play all season.

Most teams go through a rough patch at some point in the season, and we can only hope this is ours.

Last edited:
The defensive improvements can still be seen, and will stay there throughout the season. Our problems have been ball security and offensive communication, which can be fixed to a certain extent. This team can still improve and gain confidence, but we need to win a couple (obviously).

Back