>>>>>>>>>>OU-TCU Gameday Thread<<<<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>>>>OU-TCU Gameday Thread<<<<<<<<<<

Players too worried about Monday night instead of taking care of business one game at a time.

Going back to K-State, this is the fourth game in a row that we haven't looked very good at all. If it was one or two games, I would understand. But I'm hoping that this team hasn't peaked and is beginning to regress. They just haven't shown the same type of sustained energy throughout a game that we were seeing earlier in the season. With the exception of a couple of players, the rest of the team almost looks flat-footed.

I expect us to play much better this half but we shall see.

Another big turnover game for Woodard. Already 4 in the first half. He will end up with his usual 8 turnovers. Someone needs to tell him to quit jumping and then in mid air look for someone to pass the ball to.

It's really hard to get excited about this team when Woodard is the PG

Box score at the half. No OU player with more than 9 points (Buddy). We were 10 of 25 from the field in that half, and we had just as many turnovers as assists (8).

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400585856

I think our biggest problem was on defense. We gave up way too many points in close, mostly on second chance shots when we failed to secure a rebound.

Just checking in now, what the heck is up guys?

Box score at the half. No OU player with more than 9 points (Buddy). We were 10 of 25 from the field in that half, and we had just as many turnovers as assists (8).

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400585856

I think our biggest problem was on defense. We gave up way too many points in close, mostly on second chance shots when we failed to secure a rebound.

I agree and expect us to play a lot more zone now.

Turnovers were a close second.

Spangler and Thomas with 3 rebounds between them.

If a few of those that rolled off were to roll in.
If a few of those bounces that were tipped out to TCU went to OU.
If a few of those turnovers were replaced by solid passes.
If the officiating might call a foul on TCU underneath.

WE might just well have a twenty point swing in the second half. I think we have seen the extreme the other way. Now, let's see how far the pendulum swings.

Spangler and Thomas with 3 rebounds between them.

The reason is obvious. They're getting outplayed and outhustled for loose balls and rebounds. Unfortunately, they're not the only ones.

Another big turnover game for Woodard. Already 4 in the first half. He will end up with his usual 8 turnovers. Someone needs to tell him to quit jumping and then in mid air look for someone to pass the ball to.

It's really hard to get excited about this team when Woodard is the PG
Woodard has had more than 4 turnovers exactly four times in his OU career. His first and only 8 TO game was in 2013.

Refs call the early reach (but obvious foul) early. That may help.

The reason is obvious. They're getting outplayed and outhustled for loose balls and rebounds. Unfortunately, they're not the only ones.

exactly. whooped in the paint all thru the first half.

better change in the 2nd.

Washburn took 5 steps to get that layup.

Seriously Cousins?
Seriously?

Clear offense foul missed on that layup by TCU. Their big shoved our big clearly.

Back