OU vs Tech 3pm CST on ESPNU

I don't want to see another post about lack of fan support. These guys deserve an empty area.

Players just aren't good and they are poorly coached. Time for Lon to retire.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Random OU fan poster: "Win one more game and we're Dancing."

Matt Freeman should not be getting major minutes for any D1 program.

Matt Freeman should not be getting major minutes for any D1 program.

We shouldnt blame this on individual players. If Matt was put in a position where his role was limited then he'd be fine. For that role. But poor recruiting and retention has led to him being asked to do too much. As a stretch 4 playing some zone he could be used. This is poor coaching and piss poor design. I know AAU guys who would coach circles around this group from effort alone.

I agree, this isn't a knock on Freeman, it's a statement on the state of our program.

We shouldnt blame this on individual players. If Matt was put in a position where his role was limited then he'd be fine. For that role. But poor recruiting and retention has led to him being asked to do too much. As a stretch 4 playing some zone he could be used. This is poor coaching and piss poor design. I know AAU guys who would coach circles around this group from effort alone.

It's a total state of the program....the players are overmatched and the coaching staff has no answers. We keep hearing about the recruits for next year but how long will it take to get things turned around.

I hope a reporter at the postgame press conference has the nerve to ask Lon if he’s embarrassed yet? I know I am, and I’m not raking in the cheese to produce a product like the one we’re watching right now.

We can’t blame the players anymore. The common denominator for three straight years of a poor excuse for a basketball team is COACHING! Do all of us a favor and wave goodbye on your way out of town, Lon!

Well...another day.

I may not actually go into sprint to watch game. I work hard for my $ and not paying $65 for this...sad.

I hope a reporter at the postgame press conference has the nerve to ask Lon if he’s embarrassed yet? I know I am, and I’m not raking in the cheese to produce a product like the one we’re watching right now.

We can’t blame the players anymore. The common denominator for three straight years of a poor excuse for a basketball team is COACHING! Do all of us a favor and wave goodbye on your way out of town, Lon!

Yup

agreed ada. I can't help but think that a younger, hungrier coach would be doing more to get a consistent EFFORT out of these kids.

The EFFORT and DISCIPLINE your teams show is the hallmark of your coaching. I see neither in these guys, in spades. And it leads to frustration that makes their play even worse.

If he doesn't step down it's gonna just get worse. Not better.

Come on guys we are a tourney team , haven’t you saw that some computer told us how tough a schedule we have played .....so we must be good .
Just think back to all those early season wins , they mean so much ... let’s look at the season as a whole.
Just like last year , we should think of the good times not the bad .
I mean even though we have been in rebuild mode going on 3 years this wasn’t suppose to be good season anyways , so shouldn’t we be happy ?
The Colley matrix says we should be in , I’m going belive it not some humans who actually watch the games.
I’m just ready for next season , even though this current staff hasn’t developed ONE player in three years ....I know this class will be different .
They are highly ranked , haven’t you seen their rankings?

Last edited:
Come on guys we are a tourney team , haven’t you saw that some computer told us how tough a schedule we have played .....so we must be good .
Just think back to all those early season wins , they mean so much ... let’s look at the season as a whole.
Just like last year , we should think of the good times not the bad .
I mean even though we have been in rebuild mode going on 3 years this wasn’t suppose to be good season anyways , so shouldn’t we be happy ?
The Colley matrix says we should be in , I’m going belive it not some humans who actually watch the games.
I’m just ready for next season , even though this current staff hasn’t developed ONE player in three years ....I know this class will be different .
They are highly ranked , haven’t you seen their rankings?

I must say ... That is well played.

agreed ada. I can't help but think that a younger, hungrier coach would be doing more to get a consistent EFFORT out of these kids.

The EFFORT and DISCIPLINE your teams show is the hallmark of your coaching. I see neither in these guys, in spades. And it leads to frustration that makes their play even worse.

If he doesn't step down it's gonna just get worse. Not better.

Cool you are right,but I don't see him stepping down unless Joe C.pulls the plug & I sure don't see that happening.I guess we can all start an email trail to Joe C.& demand a change.Joe used a lot of energy hiring Lon by asking him 3 times before he accepted the job.Go Sooners!!

Lon may be showing signs of his best days are behind him. But to be honest this OU team isn't loaded with top notch talent. I also believe that most of the players have called it a day already. I don't think Lon will be let go but if he is I say the same as when Stoops stepped down..thanks and good luck. Looks like they may finish about where the coaches picked them in pre-season

Back