OU @ WVU 7pm CST on ESPNEWS then ESPN2

The Bama win should have catapulted us to a tourney lock and now we will finish under .500. How things have changed. Idiots would call for Simpsons head for always losing in the 1st round of the tourney and now all we want is to make it.

Even sunshine pumper toby has been a little critical on his trow radio show

It’s tough for a guy who works closely with him and is employed by the school to really be critical, so that’s really saying something. If Sister Jean turns on him, we’ll know it’s time!

Even sunshine pumper toby has been a little critical on his trow radio show

That's telling. When you've lost Toby, that's something.

Toby is paid to pump sunshine. He'd lose his play-by-play gig if he were too critical. On top of that, he has a relationship with Porter, and desires for him to succeed.

That's telling. When you've lost Toby, that's something.

Toby is paid to pump sunshine. He'd lose his play-by-play gig if he were too critical. On top of that, he has a relationship with Porter, and desires for him to succeed.

Wouldn't say lost but he didn't sound confident on Friday about tonight's game. Usually he makes me feel like we will win.

I really thought the Bama win would have turned our season around but we are tanking! I think he has lost this team and they can't wait for the season to end, they meaning players and coaches. Hence the no timeouts as we got down by 15, 20, 25, 30. Wowowowow

Keep pile:

Sherfield
Uzan
Oweh
Cooper (incoming)
Cole (incoming)
Hill
Schroder
Godwin

Wouldn't mind if any of these guys left pile:

Tanner (duh, out of eligibility)
Jacob
Cortes
Noland
Bamisile (I guess he's just not a great fit, IDK)
Northweather
Keita

------

must. improve. roster.

Unfortunately 2 to 4 of those you’d like to keep would leave if PM is canned. Hell, a couple will probably leave anyway.

The score was 25-22 with 9:25 till half. The halftime score was 56-30.

The score was 25-22 with 9:25 till half. The halftime score was 56-30.

I'm doing a little bit of a rewatch.

Down 4, 23-27, OU had Godwin, Cortes, Noland, Jacob G, and Uzan on the court at the same time. 4 mid-major talents and Uzan. About 7 minutes to go in the 1H.

Yeah, that's how you lose games.

Noland couldn't guard Stevenson. Easy FT line jumper. Lead goes to 6. Then Noland misses a wide open 3, because duh, you can't count on him to make big shots consistently, and then to top off the bad play/sequence, he fouls a WVU player. He goes to the line. Boom, 8 point lead. At least Moser took Noland out. Damage done though. Started spiraling from that point.

Down 4, 23-27, OU had Godwin, Cortes, Noland, Jacob G, and Uzan on the court at the same time. 4 mid-major talents and Uzan. About 7 minutes to go in the 1H.

Noland couldn't guard Stevenson. Easy FT line jumper. Lead goes to 6. Then Noland misses a wide open 3, because duh, you can't count on him to make big shots consistently, and then to top off the bad play/sequence, he fouls a WVU player. He goes to the line. Boom, 8 point lead. At least Moser took Noland out. Damage done though. Started spiraling from that point.

I remember that missed three and then the foul 70 feet from the basket. That’s the kind of mental mistake/low IQ play that you just can’t make. Obviously didn’t matter tonight, but gets you beat in close games. And frankly, well-coaches teams don’t do those things very often.

Exactly. This is not a well coached team. Let the season end, and let’s start over. Hiring a good coach, maybe we will be able to keep a significant amount of the roster we want to keep. The administration should already be looking. This needs to happen fast at seasons end to keep players from leaving.

Admittedly none of these guys played well.

And yet the worst stat line is the player who arguably played the worst game of this five…the non mid-major.

Schroeder can’t play, and never will be good enough.

I don't think you nor I have enough information to make a harsh judgement like that for a freshman who was injured and missed the entire summer and preseason practices which resulted in little work in early nonconference season games.

I don't think you nor I have enough information to make a harsh judgement like that for a freshman who was injured and missed the entire summer and preseason practices which resulted in little work in early nonconference season games.

It’s an embarrassing take from that guy.

Admittedly none of these guys played well.

And yet the worst stat line is the player who arguably played the worst game of this five…the non mid-major.

Ha, yeah. I was being a jerk calling them mid-major talents. Upset in the moment, I guess. No one played well.

I just read something in a Q&A with a beat writer for another Big 12 team and I guess this summarizes the state of the program right now. In evaluating the conference race and remaining schedules of the teams, he wrote that there are no easy games in the Big 12 … other than maybe home games against OU and Tech. Seeing a comment like that, from someone who has no connection to OU and is completely objective, really shows where we are.

We obviously aren’t as bad as Nebraska and Colorado and A&M were in some seasons in the old Big 12, but we are as close as it gets to an easy win for conference opponents. That’s why I’m sad about a program I’ve loved since I was a young kid in Kansas who would sit in the car outside my house so I could try to get a radio signal to listen to games that weren’t televised. So yeah, it’s hard for me not to be “negative” when I watch us play and feel no hope we will win most nights, and now have to wonder if we will even compete. Seeing no signs that our coach knows how to right things makes it even more depressing.

Back