OU @ WVU 7pm CST on ESPNEWS then ESPN2

GS again a no show in the 2nd half. Would not have mattered this game with PM at the helm. No halftime adjustments once again

Part of me wonders where we would be if the Groves brothers hadn’t gone off against KU in the tourney. Presumably, we would have found two other transfers to fill those spots, and maybe we would have found at least one who could be a legit difference maker. But alas

Lol …yup. That’s what EVERY ANNOUNCER talks about… his big game against ku. Joke

Bamisile 7 points but zero rebounds, Does that make sense for a really athletic person. Doesn't seem to block out.

I respectfully disagree right back. I think good coaching could take our team and make something out of it. I believe you are confusing talent and execution.

And I agree that our talent is not where it needs to be. But our execution has regressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there is no doubt Self, Sampson, and several Big 12 coaches would get far more out of this roster. At a minimum, we wouldn’t get blown out like this. We had some rosters under Kelvin that weren’t very talented, but we NEVER got blown out. Alabama notwithstanding, it’s clear he has lost the team. This is four embarrassing blowouts in just over two weeks. That’s unacceptable.

4 straight ranked teams incoming then tech, then 3 more ranked teams to end the season lol. Buckle up for a Moser show!

2nd game in a row we get the walk-ons off the bench against us

No offense… no I’m not confusing anything. Talent to me, includes execution. You may understand basketball inside out, but if you can’t execute because you don’t have the talent over your opponent ya get beat by 30.

We were lucky to beat them the first game. Wv was on a horrible FT run… they missed 4 straight in the last 30 sec? For us to win.

But it is what it is.

So who is “talented” enough to play on another team?

You are saying the fact that we beat them in Norman while not playing well at all was a fluke. I disagree. They don’t have great talent either. They have one shooter who went off tonight mostly because we didn’t guard him well and went under screens when we were guarding him.

And, yes, talent includes execution as long as the coaching allows it to work that way. If a coach allows guys to try to constantly execute outside of their talent level it is a coaching problem to me.

And, again, I agree we don’t have the talent we need to make the final 4. But we could have won several more games this year with a coach who positioned and coached the team to do what they are capable of doing. There is enough talent on this team to make the tournament and they will not be there. Same was true last year.

I think there is no doubt Self, Sampson, and several Big 12 coaches would get far more out of this roster. At a minimum, we wouldn’t get blown out like this. We had some rosters under Kelvin that weren’t very talented, but we NEVER got blown out. Alabama notwithstanding, it’s clear he has lost the team. This is four embarrassing blowouts in just over two weeks. That’s unacceptable.

Completely agree

Schroeder in for 1 minute gets 2 points and a rebound. now 2 rebounds

I wasn't necessarily saying I'd throw anyone off the roster, just that I wouldn't be upset if some of them left.

Take Northweather. Yes, there are presumably some tools there. Yes, he got some late offers. Team desperate to fill their big man quota. Mizzou with a new staff, Wyoming, and of course, Oklahoma. I don't remember Wisconsin offering. IIRC, they passed on him.

With ZERO SCHOLARSHIPS at your disposal, would you take Northweather or Daimion Collins as an example since it's been hinted at. Pretty easy answer there. You take Collins every damn time.

That's the point. You can't bring in better talent with no space available. You have to create the space and yeah, that's the opposite of fun as a coach or even as a fan.

I "love" Noland and/or Cortes (as much as a fan can). Great kids. Mid-major talents. I really don't think I'm wrong there.

I said it on Scoop, kind of messing around, but I'd try to get Tylor Perry at North Texas.

In a pretend world where OU got Perry and Collins, I'd be fine with losing Cortes and Northweather.

Schroeder got 4 points same as Noland who only had no rebounds and played a lot more minutes

Back