OUhoops exclusive real deal at the rock coverage

Sam

Reaction score
so far i caught the first half of the oklahoma hawks 15 and under team which feature steve clark and juwaun parker two of the best 2013 players in the state of oklahokma. Clark was putting on a show as i counted at least 14 at the half for him. Parker didnt have much impact as clark ran the show. Even though in aau ball it is sometime hard to see a true offenese clark appeared to be playing the point for the hawks. He had a couple assists as well. About to watch the dallas mustangs who have lebryan nash and keaton miles. Later tonight i will be watching the jackson tigers who have johnny obryant

mustangs have turnes it into a dunk fest, lots of prime time dunks with lebryan nash having a couple. They have a new forward who i am not sure who he is but is putting on a show as well, 23 is his number. Atheltic and active my guess would be antawn space but not sure

so far i caught the first half of the oklahoma hawks 15 and under team which feature steve clark and juwaun parker two of the best 2013 players in the state of oklahokma. Clark was putting on a show as i counted at least 14 at the half for him. Parker didnt have much impact as clark ran the show. Even though in aau ball it is sometime hard to see a true offenese clark appeared to be playing the point for the hawks. He had a couple assists as well. About to watch the dallas mustangs who have lebryan nash and keaton miles. Later tonight i will be watching the jackson tigers who have johnny obryant

Sorry supermod - Oklahokma???

phone posting + small keybard+crappy internet connection + impatience = horrible typos

Play, miles didnt play that much. He didnt even start which i found surpirsing, hit a 3 and had a couple buckets by drives as well. Liked his activity on defense. 23 for the mustangs is stiggers (SP) plays for terrell i think. Watched another oklahoma hawks game, clark has a quick trigger and has no fear on his deep shot, but it wasnt falling as much as yesterday. Parker had a better game today, hit some jumpers and did a good job of getting to the rim off the dribble. They also have about a 6'6, 6'7 kid they were calling shaq, he needs to grow a little bit more and get more aggresive/finish better. He has potential though for a 15 year old

just had a former sooner sighting in jeff webster coaching his under 15 texas titans team. They did not have juluis randle in attendence who is one of the best 2013 players drawing comparisons to c webb by some. About to watch the texas assault who a couple of the dfws best 2012 kids

Thanks for all of this great information Sam, much appreciated.

marcus smart might be the most underated in the 2012 class. Love his game and the way he approaches basketball, seems to fit perfectly into what capel was talking about in his press conference. The ok hawks finally played a good team in the dallas showtyme, had to mount a comeback in the last 10 minutes. When they needed a bucket clark couldnt be stopped off the dribble. Also they have a tough little guard named jd who played some great on the ball pressure defense down the stretch

Sam, can you give some of the 13's results? I have a friend who coaches the Southwest Elite and was wondering how they were doing. Thanks.

any thoughts on deangelo harrison from the houston select?

Terrific report, Sam! Clearly, OU fans have a number of good players to keep an eye on the next few years.

Thanks for your efforts, my friend!!! :clap

I've lived in the DFW area with my wife and two kids since we graduated in '89. Been in and around the Texas summer circuit scene for the past 7 years, including some of the elite coaches and program directors.

Was in Little Rock for the Real Deal over the weekend. #23 for the Mustangs is Devonta Abron - 6'6" forward from Seagoville HS - same HS as LaMarcus Aldridge. He's very athletic and aggressive.

Antwan Space is longer and more rangy than Abron. 6'7" wing from Desoto HS. Athletic and smooth. Not quite as nasty as Abron, but more skilled. He plays for DFW Urban Elite.

Keaton Miles is not on the level of either of these two. He's a step down both in body type and in production. He's a great piece coming off the bench however - a true luxury for them. Mustangs are loaded this season with D1 talent. Stiggers is another indication of that. He also comes off the bench. He's only about 6'4" and is definitely a guard. He's been with the Mustangs for years and is playing well this season.

Depending on where and when you saw Jeff, you most likely saw him coaching the 13u Texas Titans (he heads them up when the normal skipper, Scott Pospichal, cannot due to scheduling conflicts). Trust me when I say Julius was with 15's all weekend, as they won the championship without much resistance. They have a couple of special 2013 players. That class is loaded with national-level talent in the DFW area!

DeAngelo Harrison is a scoring machine from Dulles in Houston. About 6'3" and flourishes in an "AAU-type" environment. Can get what he wants, when he wants. Not sure that translates to success in the Big 12 at his height. Guess we'll see. But can fill it up with the best of them. Almost uncanny.

I've lived in the DFW area with my wife and two kids since we graduated in '89. Been in and around the Texas summer circuit scene for the past 7 years, including some of the elite coaches and program directors.

Was in Little Rock for the Real Deal over the weekend. #23 for the Mustangs is Devonta Abron - 6'6" forward from Seagoville HS - same HS as LaMarcus Aldridge. He's very athletic and aggressive.

Antwan Space is longer and more rangy than Abron. 6'7" wing from Desoto HS. Athletic and smooth. Not quite as nasty as Abron, but more skilled. He plays for DFW Urban Elite.

Keaton Miles is not on the level of either of these two. He's a step down both in body type and in production. He's a great piece coming off the bench however - a true luxury for them. Mustangs are loaded this season with D1 talent. Stiggers is another indication of that. He also comes off the bench. He's only about 6'4" and is definitely a guard. He's been with the Mustangs for years and is playing well this season.

Depending on where and when you saw Jeff, you most likely saw him coaching the 13u Texas Titans (he heads them up when the normal skipper, Scott Pospichal, cannot due to scheduling conflicts). Trust me when I say Julius was with 15's all weekend, as they won the championship without much resistance. They have a couple of special 2013 players. That class is loaded with national-level talent in the DFW area!

DeAngelo Harrison is a scoring machine from Dulles in Houston. About 6'3" and flourishes in an "AAU-type" environment. Can get what he wants, when he wants. Not sure that translates to success in the Big 12 at his height. Guess we'll see. But can fill it up with the best of them. Almost uncanny.

What is Terrell Harris's brother's name and who does he play for?

Kendal Harris. He's at Richardson Berkner and plays for Dallas Mustangs 15's. Always played as a small forward, but now is more of a big, strong guard. Great body. Loves to rebound and block shots at this age, but if he doesn't continue to grow will have to totally revamp his game for the next level. Been around 6'1" for a year or so.

appreciate the insight on harrison.

saw in the rivals coverage that he was playing a fair bit of point. could he play pg at a high-major? or a combo-point in a 2 pg system?

Just heard that DeAngelo Harrison is scheduled to be visited this week by an undisclosed Big Ten coach, who is rumored to be prepared to offer him. Word is, he was set to offer him before he set a scoring record and led his team to the 17u championship.

Anything is possible for him because he has real skill and has good athleticism. Question for me is, can he shun all the "rec-center mentality" that he shows in the summer, and really learn the PG position? Cannot properly evaluate that from where I or any other observer sits.

Some can and some can't. The rec centers in major metropolitan areas around this country are littered with stellar ball players who simply couldn't find a way to compete at a high level of organized ball. If I had to guess, he'll probably end up an undersized 2 at the next level unless he plays in a dribble-weave, motion-type offensive system.

Just heard that DeAngelo Harrison is scheduled to be visited this week by an undisclosed Big Ten coach, who is rumored to be prepared to offer him. Word is, he was set to offer him before he set a scoring record and led his team to the 17u championship.

marquette is supposedly going to offer this week (amazing that they hadn't already). hadn't heard of a big 10 school involved. but he made a lot of noise over the weekend.

Back