Ouhoops=ouinsider?

Unfortunately, you are right. I guess some folks to have to have a place to gripe about 18-22 year old people who play sports. I would suggest those that gripe for no reason to post on the OUI basketball board.

I would suggest those that gripe for no reason to post on the OUI basketball board.

Regardless of the win last night, this isn't a very good team. There are "questions" about just about every player, and to a degree, the coach.

Is that really "griping for no reason?" And if so, what "reason" would be good enough for us to gripe some?

Regardless of the win last night, this isn't a very good team. There are "questions" about just about every player, and to a degree, the coach.

Is that really "griping for no reason?" And if so, what "reason" would be good enough for us to gripe some?

I don't have a problem with the questions that are posed day to day by most posters. The comparison I would make to OUI is during or just after games when some come to simply gripe about the game and make outlandish statements about coaches and players. That is the part that can be moved to OUI's basketball page.

I believe he meant, there is a difference in giving constructive criticism versus bashing.

I believe he meant, there is a difference in giving constructive criticism versus bashing.

Fair enough. But if there is a message board around that is open to everybody, it's going to happen to some degree. I haven't found this board to be bad lately at all, given the condition of our team.

So which is worse, the posters making posts that might not be constructive? Or the posters starting threads about the posters making posts that might not be constructive?

I think you can't just say a team is great when they've proven not to be any good. Capel himself has been more critical of the team than most fans have been.

No whining, folks. Let's talk Sooner basketball and allow everyone to be who they are. Not a big deal. Glad we played some D and got the W last night.

Unfortunately, you are right. I guess some folks to have to have a place to gripe about 18-22 year old people who play sports. I would suggest those that gripe for no reason to post on the OUI basketball board.

The age of the players is irrelevant for you would get the same response even if Bob Cousy was still playing the game. It's called venting and it is better for those who want to release a bit of frustration to channel it via the keyboard then confronting an actual person(s).

Fair enough. But if there is a message board around that is open to everybody, it's going to happen to some degree. I haven't found this board to be bad lately at all, given the condition of our team.

So which is worse, the posters making posts that might not be constructive? Or the posters starting threads about the posters making posts that might not be constructive?

I understand what you are saying. But, we have plenty of guys like yourself, DM, SoonerSam, and MANY others who know the game, can dissect what is wrong or good about the team, players, coaches, etc, and can do so in a constructive way. There is no need for bashing as there are boards that seem to thrive on that kind of activity now. I don't post on this board much but I read it often and I thoroughly enjoy some of the indepth stuff that is posted on this board. Much is critical of what is going on with the team but it is presented in an intelligent and well written manner. Then there are those who show up just to say "so and so sucks".

Its impossible to rationalize a fan. Last night i to would get upset in the moment, but I would never say fire this coach, or I hope so and so leaves next year or why is so and so on scholarship here. I think emotions take over that can lead to some silly posts. But hey its an open forum and it cannot always be up or down.

Do not post something like this about TU (or any other poster) again. There is no place for it, and it is the third time that you have done it in the past week. Consider this a final warning.

Thanks

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
this (and senseless bashing) is really the kind of stuff I am talking about. No need for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another stupid and pointless Boca post, congrats.

With the way this season has gone thus far I have a really difficult time sitting here and complaining about what is BAD about this team after we just beat our biggest rival. Some, including NickZepp, were predicting this team would not win a single conference game. A win is a win for this team. I don't care how "ugly" it might have been. I saw improvement in several areas last night and that's all I expect.

With the way this season has gone thus far I have a really difficult time sitting here and complaining about what is BAD about this team after we just beat our biggest rival. Some, including NickZepp, were predicting this team would not win a single conference game. A win is a win for this team. I don't care how "ugly" it might have been. I saw improvement in several areas last night and that's all I expect.

:clap

Fans are fans, it has nothing to do with the board. When the team plays poorly, the fans will be negative... When the team plays well, everyone is on board. That will be the case on OUhoops.com, OUinsider.com, OUfans.com, Welovejeffcapel.com, williewarrenisthebestteammateever.com, etc.

They did something they really haven't done that much recently. Played hard all game and didn't give up. The way we've played in recent weeks, when we get down by 42-34 we just pack it in and give up. I was afraid we were about to do that. But we kept playing tough and then eventually we made those back to back 3s and eventually came back and maintained the lead. That's good progress. Hopefully we can build from it.

I understand what you are saying. But, we have plenty of guys like yourself, DM, SoonerSam, and MANY others who know the game, can dissect what is wrong or good about the team, players, coaches, etc, and can do so in a constructive way. There is no need for bashing as there are boards that seem to thrive on that kind of activity now. I don't post on this board much but I read it often and I thoroughly enjoy some of the indepth stuff that is posted on this board. Much is critical of what is going on with the team but it is presented in an intelligent and well written manner. Then there are those who show up just to say "so and so sucks".

So you think I know the game?!?

:)

I get what you are saying. I've just been around long enough to know that every board turns that way at some point. As long as that talk doesn't take over the discussions, I think you kind of have to ignore it.

Back