Pat Knight fired at Lamar

That is too bad for Knight. It will be tough for him to ever get another shot as a head coach. I am sure he can make a solid living as an assistant or commentator but I am sure it is still hard on him.

He may be a good guy but that is one horrible won loss record. Can't really blame them.

I remember a Youtube'd press conference where he lit his guys up that he'd inherited. Little did he know they would provide him the best record by far of his tenure...

I was rooting for Pat to succeed...seems like a decent guy. Still, when I see him, I'm reminded of a pro baseball league game I attended a few years back in Long Island (the Long Island Ducks) and one of their players was Pete Rose Jr.

Hopefully, someone will hire him as an assistant...that's all he's going to get in college basketball.

Don't know why people ever really liked him, he's not a good coach. The "worse seniors of all time" got him to the tournament and he responds by going 4-50 over the next two years, haha.

Don't know why people ever really liked him, he's not a good coach. The "worse seniors of all time" got him to the tournament and he responds by going 4-50 over the next two years, haha.

Pat's deficiencies as a coach were obvious. I think people liked him because he appeared to be a better person than his dad. When someone grows up under the thumb of a tyrant who was known to abuse some of the people around him verbally and physically, you can't help but feel sorry for him.

Speaking for myself, that's why I liked Pat and wanted him to do well. Too bad he didn't inherit some of the good things from his dad, namely his ability to coach.

Pat's deficiencies as a coach were obvious. I think people liked him because he appeared to be a better person than his dad.

There are some serial killers and dictators that are better "people" than his dad. :)

I don't think its whether Pat is a good coach..I just don't think he wants to coach. Being the son of Bob Knight (one of the top 5 bball coaches of all time whether you like him or not) can push you one way or the other. Pat will never be better than his dad and for some people, when you know you can't ever live up to the family name...it can take the life out of something and also the fact that he didn't earn the Texas Tech job, it was given to him can do the same.

Back