Pitino Story finally comes out

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
What many assumed was a homosexual affair with Pitino and a staffer actually came out to be an accused rape of Pitino towards the staffer's wife.

I can't believe that the University isn't really going to punish Pitino based on what they've said so far. If any of our coaches did something like this at OU would they be at least suspended?

I can't believe that the University isn't really going to punish Pitino based on what they've said so far. If any of our coaches did something like this at OU would they be at least suspended?

um barry switzer.....

Why would they be fired?

He brought up how Switzer was basically fired for what happened with him. Switzer did have other circumstances with his situation though.

He brought up how Switzer was basically fired for what happened with him. Switzer did have other circumstances with his situation though.

Switzer Quit. He recently had an interview that said stepping down was his idea.

Zepp, I don't see how he did anything that comes anywhere close to an offense that would require discipline from his employer. If employers are going to start disciplining their employees for extra marital affairs you're going to have a lot of people looking for jobs.

Zepp, I don't see how he did anything that comes anywhere close to an offense that would require discipline from his employer. If employers are going to start disciplining their employees for extra marital affairs you're going to have a lot of people looking for jobs.
I can see some university presidents firing coaches who do what Pitino did and end up with the story in every newspaper across the country. Most presidents don't want to be embarrassed in this manner.

He shouldn't be fired, but I guess he could be by the university because he has a "morality" clause in his contract. When was he hired?

They are in are public setting. These guys are division one coaches. I think the worst you get in this case is some sort of suspension. Knowing Boren and Castiglione like I do and based on history if Capel does this he's having a press conference announcing he's leaving the next day. You don't have to look any further then what happened in baseball with Larry Cochell and saying a racist statement in a stupid slip up a few years ago.

They are in are public setting. These guys are division one coaches. I think the worst you get in this case is some sort of suspension. Knowing Boren and Castiglione like I do and based on history if Capel does this he's having a press conference announcing he's leaving the next day. You don't have to look any further then what happened in baseball with Larry Cochell and saying a racist statement in a stupid slip up a few years ago.

You know Boren and Castiglione?

Okay knowing their histories like I do with several other cases. Is that better?

I don't think that is a fair comparison. People can understand and forgive public figures for being adulterers, but being perceived as a racist is the kiss of death.

Back