Pittman to stay with Longhorns

In other news, Orlando Allen has decided he will stay in school and not forego his junior season to enter the draft.

Why not enter the draft and go workout with the NBA teams.....how does that hurt one bit? At least shows you what you need to work on.

I just wanted to point out that KenPom isn't saying that he would maintain his rates at a higher number of minutes played... There is a relationship between usage and efficiency, and between minutes played and efficiency. I will say, however, that players that are efficient on offense in a few minutes are usually only slightly less efficient in many minutes. Since Pittman is already very high usage (in possessions used when on the court) I would definitely peg him as a likely breakout player next year. I'm talking about 18 points and 12 rebounds a game... seriously. That is if he gets in good enough shape for Barnes to play him that much.
His numbers actually look like Luke Harangody's as a freshman--dominant on offense, very efficient (he more than Harangody), and a splendid offensive rebounder. If he gets in shape, watch out. He's really dangerous. We're talking the 4th best offensive rebounder in the country!
I honestly expect a breakout from him, if he has the work ethic to do it.

See, I just don't call an 1 to 4 assist to turnover ratio as a very efficient offensive player. That doesn't even bring into account how Texas offense and movement became stagnant every time he touched the ball. I don't like his game at all. But that's just me. When you are that big you are going to get some points and rebounds. That doesn't make you a bigtime offensive player. I always hated Maric at Nebraska's game as well.

See, I just don't call an 1 to 4 assist to turnover ratio as a very efficient offensive player. That doesn't even bring into account how Texas offense and movement became stagnant every time he touched the ball. I don't like his game at all. But that's just me. When you are that big you are going to get some points and rebounds. That doesn't make you a bigtime offensive player. I always hated Maric at Nebraska's game as well.

He actually doesn't turn the ball over that much--in fact, less than Blake did. He doesn't pass the ball for assists, like you said, and that is a big flaw. However, he shot 62% from the floor and 69% from the line, for an effective field goal percentage of over 60%. Which is rare. Very rare. His game is to score, not to pass. And he scores very, very well.

i should have probably said dominant offensively.
other than that, i'm right, you're wrong.

So Dexter Pittman is more dominant offensively than Craig Brackins?
I don't see it. Brackins was one of the best big man scorers in the country. His offensive repetoire is great. Plus the offense doesn't come to a screeching halt everytime he touches the ball.

He actually doesn't turn the ball over that much--in fact, less than Blake did. He doesn't pass the ball for assists, like you said, and that is a big flaw. However, he shot 62% from the floor and 69% from the line, for an effective field goal percentage of over 60%. Which is rare. Very rare. His game is to score, not to pass. And he scores very, very well.

Blake turned it over too much though. That being said the only reason Pittman doesn't have more turnovers is because he rarely catches the ball. They don't run the offense thru him like Blake. He doesn't get out and the lead the break sometimes like Blake. OU would post Blake up and then he'd get a double and kick it out. Of course he's going to have more turnovers. Dexter Pittman had 13 assists all year. 13. That's weak. If you are a legit post threat you get the ball, the other team is forced to double and you pass it out for open shots for your teammates. Texas got none of that from Dexter Pittman. Pittman isn't anywhere near the offensive player that Aldrich, Brackins or Carroll are.
Dexter Pittman is bunk. I'm tired of talking about him.

Pittman touches the ball only when he is in a position to score, which is smart.

Blake had the ball all the time, thus, turned it over more.

Pittman touches the ball only when he is in a position to score, which is smart.

Blake had the ball all the time, thus, turned it over more.

He also got fouled more than any other player in the nation, so much so that it's literally impossible to call all the fouls teams commit on him thus leading to an extra turn over or two a game that should have been a foul.

After careful deliberation and some sleepness nights, I have decided to forego the NBA draft to return for my pharmacy school rotations. After careful discussions with my family, and agent, I have decided this decision is in my best interest. Thanks to my professors and rotation preceptors for allowing me to acquire all the information I needed to fully make this very difficult decision. Playing in the NBA has always been my dream as a kid, but I feel like I have more to do at the graduate school level before testing my skills at the next level. This decision was not easy, and only through meditation and prayer was I able to decide what I wanted.

Thank you for your time, and thanks to all the GM's that gave a chance to a 6'3, 190 pound white guy with a knee operated on 4 times who lost his jumping ability and lateral quickness after age 23. But hey, if you ever need a spot up shooter, I'm your guy.

-Playmakr

Last edited:
I thought I'd bump this thread to report that Dogus Balbay today announced he would be forgoing the NBA draft to return for his junior season.

Who is more NBA ready? Gallon or Pittman at the time of their announcement?

I was really hoping that this would happen, again. Seriously, Pittman lives in a fantasy world: one where he thinks people actually care if he's going to announce or not(I wonder if it's the same fantasy world where Damion James thinks hes loyal).

Who is more NBA ready? Gallon or Pittman at the time of their announcement?
Well Gallon may have thought he was, but he was still at Oak Hill. I would say neither, I guess.

Back