Playing the "What If" Game

IF they decide to stay. If they transfer then Moser needs the extra time to recruit in the portal.

I'll be very surprised if all our guys stay and we know TGroves will be gone, so Moser could use the time for the portal no matter what.

I personally would take any postseason rep we can get with Uzan and Oweh, who will hopefully be representing us in an NCAA tournament eventually. Even if it were CBI. I agree that a couple practices won't make or break next season, but I'm also not sure making an in-person visit a week or two earlier because you don't have anything else to do will make a huge difference either. I may be wrong, but I imagine most of our top targets are prepping for the NCAA, NIT, or CBI tournament.

If we get an invite to any post season we need to go. Winning the NIT would give some momentum on the recruiting trail.

If we get an invite to any post season we need to go. Winning the NIT would give some momentum on the recruiting trail.

Any player with options to go to a good P5 school will not care at all about the NIT. And our odds of winning it would be beyond remote. But there is little chance they will invite a last place, under .500 team that won 4 or 5 conference games and didn’t win a single noncon game against a team that will make the real tournament.

Back