Porter Moser is getting outcoached...

LOL I can’t believe you guys haven’t picked out the pattern yet.. The couple of posters that absolutely lose their * if anyone even starts to remotely utter a speck of saliva even slightly negative about Kruger are the same ones bending over backwards to criticize Moser. I mean I don’t care, everyone is entitled to their opinion/narrative/obsession… whatever. It cracks me up actually. I’ll give them one thing…. ENERGY!

He was barking at someone that screwed it up. No way that was the intention.

That “someone” likely narrows the field to no more than three players (Mo, Harkless and Goldwire). The offensive talent on this team is so limited, our opponents can sleepwalk their way through a game time situation and get a stop.

Case in point, the attempted pass to the corner on the opposite side of the court when Mo was set up to break to an open spot for a shot in the final seconds. Texas had that play sniffed out from the get go. The pass to the corner failed and the shot attempt never materialized.

LOL I can’t believe you guys haven’t picked out the pattern yet.. The couple of posters that absolutely lose their * if anyone even starts to remotely utter a speck of saliva even slightly negative about Kruger are the same ones bending over backwards to criticize Moser. I mean I don’t care, everyone is entitled to their opinion/narrative/obsession… whatever. It cracks me up actually. I’ll give them one thing…. ENERGY!

I was thinking the same thing, glad you said it.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TRowOU/status/1494049256860233734?s=20&t=Q27z2X3GkSKsA7BI9D8RPQ[/TWEET]

A great breakdown from Toby Rowland on the final play.

The initial action was for Mo to catch an above the break 3, Carr recovered well.

The second action was for JG to deny the ball screen and drive from the wing - an action he's done very well.

JG takes the screen, Texas blitzes him, Chagois catches the ball with 3.9 seconds left. Ethan just needs to have better awareness, he could easily drove the ball and drew contact or just dunked it with power..

I hate hate hate hate when you are tied or down 1 and you settle for a last second three-point attempt. It happens ALL the time now. What happened to getting to the basket and either getting fouled or making a simple pass for a shot? Drives me crazy.

I hate hate hate hate when you are tied or down 1 and you settle for a last second three-point attempt. It happens ALL the time now. What happened to getting to the basket and either getting fouled or making a simple pass for a shot? Drives me crazy.

You’re right for the most part … too many college teams settle. There are notable exceptions, and for the most part, those teams tend to win a lot of close games. I’ll never understand why teams don’t just run offense and work for a good shot, provided there is enough time on the clock.

Im as frustrated as anyone but man this is knee jerk. we are good enough to compete but lack that dude to get us over the top.

9 new guys.

3 real players from last years team.

Small school to big school jump. Parents, kids, want to make sure you can do it before signing up.

2 top 100 players committed within 3 months for next years class. No idea how good the German is but appears he loves to score!

It takes time.

Coach said it all for me!

Well, almost all. To be honest, I don’t see how anyone can be unhappy with a first season coach who had very little time to prevent a mass exodus of existing players, hire a new staff and put together a team to compete in one of the toughest conferences in the country.

I’ll get butchered for saying this, but that’s okay I can take it! Lon Kruger was a great coach and an even better person. But he and his staff failed miserably when they were unsuccessful in taking advantage of a Final Four season by finishing 11-20 (5-13 in conference) the following year. In case some of you have forgotten, Lon also started his career at OU with a 15-16 season.

Lon was a HOF coach who had our support for more than a decade. He demonstrated that with a little more time, good coaches can win in this conference, but he also showed that winning in the Big 12 is not easy.

Porter Moser deserves our support, not our criticism when things don’t go as planned. He’ll get mine even when we lose!

Coach said it all for me!

Well, almost all. To be honest, I don’t see how anyone can be unhappy with a first season coach who had very little time to prevent a mass exodus of existing players, hire a new staff and put together a team to compete in one of the toughest conferences in the country.

I’ll get butchered for saying this, but that’s okay I can take it! Lon Kruger was a great coach and an even better person. But he and his staff failed miserably when they were unsuccessful in taking advantage of a Final Four season by finishing 11-20 (5-13 in conference) the following year. In case some of you have forgotten, Lon also started his career at OU with a 15-16 season.

Lon was a HOF coach who had our support for more than a decade. He demonstrated that with a little more time, good coaches can win in this conference, but he also showed that winning in the Big 12 is not easy.

Porter Moser deserves our support, not our criticism when things don’t go as planned. He’ll get mine even when we lose!

holy crap..he was here for 10 years? man that went quick...

Agree. This season may still hold some surprises and next season will even be better. I agree with some posters we need a good athletic big. Getting one out of the portal may be the best bet. There are very few good bigs in this years class still available.

Back