McNease
Freeman (possibly)
Polla (possibly)
Calixte
Reynolds

Adding:

Harmon (huge upgrade over Calixte)
Williams (bigger upside than James IMO)
Hill (unique player that we don’t have right now)
Reaves (lights out shooter - great combo with Manek)
Iwuakor (blue collar guy like Spangler?)
Merritt (maybe?)
Garang (very athletic)
Kuath (very athletic and long)

I think the talent next season combined with what we have returning makes the potential of this team so much bigger than this season’s team. Much better scorers, creators, and athleticism will make this a fun team to watch also.

Last edited:
Should be a much improved roster next year.

I don't know if Manek will really get much better. He is what he is as a stretch 4.

But Bienemy needs to get a shot or find ways to score. That was his major weakness. He seems like a good decision maker though.

Hopefully we get some inside guys that can play so we can move Doolittle to the small forward spot and use him more there. He can really be a big mismatch against some smaller wings. He's got a potential to be a star player.

It'll take some time I think for the team to gel but once they do, they're going to be really fun to watch. It helps that Reaves is already on campus & can work out w JB, Manek, & Doolittle. That's a really good 1st 4. I think this year's commitment to defense helps set the expectation that you're going to have to defend if you want to see the court.

If Freeman and/or Polla move on, I'd like to add a grad transfer big guy...someone to play 10-15 minutes per game & play defense & rebound. Doesn't have to have much of an offensive game but needs to give some good relief to Doo & Manek.

I see them finishing in the top half of the conference & being somewhere in the 6-10 seed range come tournament time.

We may actually have some size coming off the bench next year! The guards we will have could be real special. Does Bienemy handle it more than Harmon? Be more of a pure PG or more off ball shooter/slasher.

I wonder if putting Polla in with 25 sec tonight was a enjoy it, since ya won't be here next year...

not saying he is or isn't..just thought it was weird...him not being a Sr...or walk-on.

Is Merritt still coming here?
Wil Kuath be healthy?

I assume polla and freeman are gone

We are still recruiting, so how many more will we take this class?

I don't know if Manek will really get much better. He is what he is as a stretch 4.

But Bienemy needs to get a shot or find ways to score. That was his major weakness. He seems like a good decision maker though.

Hopefully we get some inside guys that can play so we can move Doolittle to the small forward spot and use him more there. He can really be a big mismatch against some smaller wings. He's got a potential to be a star player.

You think a SOPHMORE who will gain another 20 -25 pounds before he leaves has topped out ?Ok

You think a SOPHMORE who will gain another 20 -25 pounds before he leaves has topped out ?Ok
I'm saying he's not going to be much more than that role. Maybe he could be a better rebounder or defender. But as far as his role I don't see him getting better than that.

After watching Ty Jerome last night I am hoping that is what JB becomes offensively. I think JB will be better than Jerome defensively.

Jerome just seems to be a winner. He is not flashy but he just does what it takes to win. I see JB in that same mold.

I'm saying he's not going to be much more than that role. Maybe he could be a better rebounder or defender. But as far as his role I don't see him getting better than that.

I think he can improve a bunch. He needs to learn how to shoot well on the road and be a little tougher. Rebounding is about effort and he can be a better rebounder if he wants to be. Same with defense, tho he’ll never be a lock down defender.

With better players around him, it should take some of the pressure off of him and he can just play. He played much better down the stretch.

In the non conference Manek had games where he was a rebounding fool. In conference, like many of our players he forgot how to play in some ways, or just got psyched out. Manek also showed post moves at times that I was like, where did that come from, and where did it go? On defense, i've never seen a softer player. If he could shore up his defense and continue to work on his post moves, he could have a great last two years.

Not all of our players were tough enough to butt heads with Virginia. Manek certainly was. He had a very good postseason.

Bienemy is going to be awesome next year... if Harmon and Williams are legit, and Reaves can serve as a shooter off the bench, OU will be a good club. Manek and Doolittle return up front. Need some depth on that frontcourt.

Doolittle was tough enough, he simply wasn’t prepared for the defense Virginia would throw at him to make sure he didn’t get into his comfort zone. The double teams and blocked shots were entirely different than what he faced against Olé Miss. Doo is our toughest player physically. Virginia knew that, so they game planned to shut him down anyway they could.

I’m never satisfied with a loss, but on the whole I was pleased with the way the team battled a superior #1 seed throughout the game. And, if we could eliminate a handful of conference games where this team failed to bring their competitive A game, i think the season was about as good as we could have hoped for. 20 wins and a return to the dance wasn’t all that bad.

As for next season , I will predict right now that it wiil be even better!

As for next season , I will predict right now that it wiil be even better!

Without knowing what the final roster will look like, what our schedule will be, and what other teams will return/lose, I'd say we'll probably be worse OOC, hopefully better in conference, and probably the same or worse (guessing we aren't a 4 seed or better) in the Dance. I'd guess a moderate increase in wins, maybe 2-3.

I'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Without knowing what the final roster will look like, what our schedule will be, and what other teams will return/lose, I'd say we'll probably be worse OOC, hopefully better in conference, and probably the same or worse (guessing we aren't a 4 seed or better) in the Dance. I'd guess a moderate increase in wins, maybe 2-3.

I'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

My prediction is based on two things: One, our best three players this season wiil be back. Two, Reaves and Kauth and an outstanding recruiting class that includes a true point guard will be a step up, even if you don’t consider the remainder of the newcomers in next year’s class. But, there is no question in my mind that Harmon, Williams, Reaves, Kauth, Hill, Iwuakor, etc., etc. will give us more quality depth than the players we’re losing from the current team.

I know you’re not that high on Harmon. But I have followed him closely since his freshman season at Denton Guyer. I have said more than once that he will be a difference maker, and I stand by that comment.

The only thing that might throw a little cool water on my feelings about next season is if, for some unknown reason, our recruiting class falls apart because two or more players don’t make it on campus. That’s the unknown that worries me some.

My prediction is based on two things: One, our best three players this season wiil be back. Two, Reaves and Kauth and an outstanding recruiting class that includes a true point guard will be a step up, even if you don’t consider the remainder of the newcomers in next year’s class. But, there is no question in my mind that Harmon, Williams, Reaves, Kauth, Hill, Iwuakor, etc., etc. will give us more quality depth than the players we’re losing from the current team.

I know you’re not that high on Harmon. But I have followed him closely since his freshman season at Denton Guyer. I have said more than once that he will be a difference maker, and I stand by that comment.

The only thing that might throw a little cool water on my feelings about next season is if, for some unknown reason, our recruiting class falls apart because two or more players don’t make it on campus. That’s the unknown that worries me some.

You not worried about an adjustment period, and developing chemistry, with so many new players? A lot will be true freshman or essentially true freshman. A couple won't have played in actual games in 18 months or so.

Are you predicting an improvement of more than a handful of wins? You think we get to 25? 27?

Reaves is the most "iffy" to me... 5ppg against good opponents last year on 26% 3pt shooting. I don't want to require him to be good at all if you can avoid it. If he is, fantastic, but he seems like shooter off the bench to me.

Reaves is the most "iffy" to me... 5ppg against good opponents last year on 26% 3pt shooting. I don't want to require him to be good at all if you can avoid it. If he is, fantastic, but he seems like shooter off the bench to me.

I'd still love to have you take me up on the bet I proposed a few weeks back about Reaves. :) He is the least iffy of all the new guys. Not sure how a bunch of kids who have never played above high school or junior college could be more certain than a kid who played a key role, and proved himself to be a great (not good) three-point shooter, on a top 25 team for two years.

Back