Precedent for the turnover?

So who out of Manek and Doolittle goes to the bench for Kur? Because that's a clogged up toilet on offense if you try to run all 3 out there together.

Manek specializes in three-point shooting, almost to a fault, and posts up about once every two weeks. Doo is great at facing up against bigger, slower defenders from 15-18 feet. How on earth would playing those two with Kur clog things up? That would be one guy (Kur) who plays close to the basket offensively.

Manek specializes in three-point shooting, almost to a fault, and posts up about once every two weeks. Doo is great at facing up against bigger, slower defenders from 15-18 feet. How on earth would playing those two with Kur clog things up? That would be one guy (Kur) who plays close to the basket offensively.

If Kur developed some strength in his injury year, he could turn out pretty good. He has crazy athletic ability and length, which you just can't coach.

DVKEpQPVQAEWIaL.jpg

Those 8 players you listed leaving could have all the chemistry in the world and still go 2-16 in the Big XII. I'd take James back, and maybe RO. That's it. The rest are not P5-caliber.

Maybe a bigger lineup with a rim protector/rebounder

Harmon - Reaves - Manek - Doo -Kur
Bieniemy 6th man

This lineup would hopefully prevent us from getting murdered on the boards

Last edited:
Maybe a bigger lineup with a rim protector/rebounder

Harmon - Reaves - Manek - Doo -Kur
Bieniemy 6th man

This lineup would hopefully prevent us from getting murdered on the boards

It’s going to be a fun fun battle for several spots.

Because you have only one guy who is an effective creator off the dribble if you’re starting bienemy/Harmon, reaches, manek, Doolittle, kuath. Aside from the fact that lineup would just completely melt down against a decent press, you just aren’t going to get the dribble penetration you need to get going on offense. Manek and reaves can shoot, but they both need to be facilitated. Kuath is going to need good penetration to be effective on offense.

Because you have only one guy who is an effective creator off the dribble if you’re starting bienemy/Harmon, reaches, manek, Doolittle, kuath. Aside from the fact that lineup would just completely melt down against a decent press, you just aren’t going to get the dribble penetration you need to get going on offense. Manek and reaves can shoot, but they both need to be facilitated. Kuath is going to need good penetration to be effective on offense.

Have you seen reaves lately? In non shocker gear?

Reaves best creator on the floor and it’s not even close

Yeah, the only reasons people think of Reaves as solely a standstill shooter are because they haven't watched him and/or they buy into a tired stereotype. Plus, Doo does his share of damage off the dribble. Just ask the Kansas and Ole Miss frontcourts.

Watching him at WSU you can see why people are skeptical, but looking back at his Hs film you can see flare, feel, & creativity off the dribble.

Even if Manek and Doo play 30 minutes a game at the 4/5, there's still 20 minutes left for Kur. I can't see anybody moving to the 3 unless Vic is playing, and all four are healthy. Although if Williams doesn't make it, we could somehow end up with more depth in the frontcourt than the backcourt (despite all the complaining on here about needing real big men).

Even if Manek and Doo play 30 minutes a game at the 4/5, there's still 20 minutes left for Kur. I can't see anybody moving to the 3 unless Vic is playing, and all four are healthy. Although if Williams doesn't make it, we could somehow end up with more depth in the frontcourt than the backcourt (despite all the complaining on here about needing real big men).

I think Kur is a legitimate rotation player.. that means they only need Merritt and Victor to play remaining minutes, probably just for 2 minutes at a time, before tv timeouts and stuff.

I’d say Iwaukor & Kur fight for the majority of the remaining 20 mins.

You never know how chemistry works out on a team. We have more basketball players this year than last.
The coaches don’t seem to be worried about Williams being here in August. I hope they are right because he has ability.
This team will dribble much better than last years. James and Odomes were terrible ballhandlers.

Kur is around twenty pounds bigger. All muscle so he should be better.

You never know how chemistry works out on a team. We have more basketball players this year than last.
The coaches don’t seem to be worried about Williams being here in August. I hope they are right because he has ability.
This team will dribble much better than last years. James and Odomes were terrible ballhandlers.

Kur is around twenty pounds bigger. All muscle so he should be better.

So you are saying Kur is now 6'9'' 230? That's a gigantic difference for him, because he has freaky athletic ability to go along with that.

How has he looked in practice?

So you are saying Kur is now 6'9'' 230? That's a gigantic difference for him, because he has freaky athletic ability to go along with that.

How has he looked in practice?

If you go by Kur’s listed weight on last year’s Soonersports roster, another 20 pounds would put him at 224 this season.

I still think you’re right in saying that with the additional weight he added since last year (assuming it’s mostly muscle), along with his athleticism, he could a difference maker as a defender and rim protector.

Back