Question for DenverSooner

stubbysooner

Reaction score
Denver,

I'm in Denver visiting my parents for the holiday, and we want to watch the OU-VCU game, but we are coming up short. Jackson's (nope), Blake Street (no), Buffalo Wild Wings (nope).

Do you know of any place in Denver playing the game? Shot in the dark, but thought I'd try...

TIA

Those are the places that I would have checked first. There used to be a sports bar in Lodo owned by Steve Sewell (former Bronco and Sooner) but I went there are long time ago, I don't recall the name and I don't know if it is still there.

There was also a sports bar over near Cherry Creek - I think it was on Cherry Street in that little city within Denver (it is literally just a block or two in size and mostly mid rise buildings east of the Cherry Creek mall (Glendale maybe).

I think there is a sports bar in Highlands ranch on Quebec and another over on Broadway.

Old Chicago may have a bunch of TVs.

I don't live in Denver anymore so I am probably not as much held as some that still live there.

Honestly if Jackson's doesn't have it, you are probably going to have a tough time finding it.

There are a few people on this board that live in Denver now, I think Bigabd does. Post what part of town you are in, Denver is like kind of like Dallas (not as big) but if you are on the South side like Highlands Ranch, you are not going to want to go North.

Last edited:
There are a few people on this board that live in Denver now, I think Bigabd does.

Yes, I do live in the area. I live in the Parker/Castle Rock area.

I would say just start calling Rock Bottom (Downtown and Park Meadows), Buffalo Wild Wings (everywhere), Bostons, Old Chicago, ESPN Zone (16th street), etc to see if anyone is playing it.

With so many football games on tonight I doubt you will find any luck.

Let me know!

The Cherry Creek spot mentioned by DenverSooner is called Chopper's. Great sports bar. It's at the corner of Bayaud & Madison (80 S. Madison). I'd call first, though. The chances of them having the OU/VCU game are pretty slim.

And DenverSooner is right...if the Jackson's across from Coors Field doesn't have it, it'll be tough to find. That Jackson's is where the OU Club of Colorado meets for football games.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Back