Realistic dream lineup for next year?

luckyc1423

Reaction score
1) TMG
2) Willie
3) Cam Clark
4) T Jones
5) Gallon

Wow!! not a weak link...that would be a possible 5 mcdonalds AA's starting...crazy to think about! I dont think we sign T Jones and I dont think Willie comes back so the 2 and 4 spots we are going to have to fill....the 2 can easily be filled but the 4 is a huge question mark

TMG
JUCO
Clark
Gallon
JUCO

Bench: Pledger, Davis, TJ, JUCO big man, Honore

TMG
JUCO
Clark
Gallon
JUCO

Bench: Pledger, Davis, TJ, JUCO big man, Honore

that would be a nice lineup also....even if the juco guys dont score and are defensive threats...we would still have 3 legitamate offensive threats and thats plenty to get by!

TMG
Cade
Cameron
Juco
Tiny

Bench - Pledger, T.J., Fitz, hopefully Big O and Ray play a role next year but who knows.

I hope I am wrong on Terrance but while I would love to have him I think him waiting was a bad sign for us. Just seems like it will be hard to get him off the west coast now.

1) TMG
2) Willie
3) Cam Clark
4) T Jones
5) Gallon

Wow!! not a weak link...that would be a possible 5 mcdonalds AA's starting...crazy to think about! I dont think we sign T Jones and I dont think Willie comes back so the 2 and 4 spots we are going to have to fill....the 2 can easily be filled but the 4 is a huge question mark

That line-up sure is going to lock a lot of teams down (sarcasm)...I'm not worried about scoring, we need a physical presence in the middle to rebound and alter shots.

that would be a nice lineup also....even if the juco guys dont score and are defensive threats...we would still have 3 legitamate offensive threats and thats plenty to get by!

Yep, especially the post players. If they could just come in and be Jabahri Brown, or Johnnie Gilbert, that would be great. The guard, I'd love to get a pure scorer. I know TMG and Clark can both score it, but I'd love it if they were an option lower on the rung, if that makes sense. Imagine plugging in a Corey Brewer, Nate Erdmann, Ebi Ere, or Marcus Thornton into that spot? We may not be able to find a kid like that, but I think we probably could. When he graduated, TMG would still have a season left, and Clark still two left, assuming 4 years.

Yep, especially the post players. If they could just come in and be Jabahri Brown, or Johnnie Gilbert, that would be great. The guard, I'd love to get a pure scorer. I know TMG and Clark can both score it, but I'd love it if they were an option lower on the rung, if that makes sense. Imagine plugging in a Corey Brewer, Nate Erdmann, Ebi Ere, or Marcus Thornton into that spot? We may not be able to find a kid like that, but I think we probably could. When he graduated, TMG would still have a season left, and Clark still two left, assuming 4 years.
Really at this point we just need an enforcer down low (pull down about 8 boards a game, couple blocks use 4-5 fouls a games type) to pair up with Tiny, Orlando has the body for but I am not sure if he will ever put it together. Or at the very least a Juan Pattilo type who has is a great leaper that could alter shots and do a good job on the boards. I think that would be ideal but unless we get a top tier juco guy to come in I think we will most likely have to rely on Fitz as the number two post player.

I think a pure shooter who is also good defender at the two would be great. With a guy like that to spot up on the wing or corner would help spread the court for Tiny in the low post and help TMG and Cam when they drive. So unless we can find one from the juco ranks we have to hope Cade's three point shot takes a similar step forward as his all around game did this season. Or Pledger takes advantage of a good offseason and increases his foot speed and better defensive footwork.

1. Tommy Mason-Griffin
2. Cade Davis
3. Cameron Clark
4. Terrance Jones
5. Keith Gallon

how nice would it be to have options! say we sign t jones and ricardo ratcliffe...we could go big

1) tmg
2) clark
3) t jones
4) ratcliff
5) gallon

Or we could go smaller but keep a fast lineup in

1) tmg
2) cade
3) clark
4) t jones
5) ratcliff

Any lineup that includes Terrence Jones would be a dream lineup. Just watch, that kid is going to be a big time college baller next year.

You left out Fitz.. He will get better and mature in the offseason i expect him to have a pretty big impact

You are correct. He should get playing time over Honore, and I wouldn't mind NOT signing that second big man, depending on what Capel thinks of the other guys.

Good catch.

Waiting for Zepp to say "stars mean nothing" and that all of those guys stink.

Back