Recruiting big men around TMG

htownSOONER

Reaction score
It should be very easy for Capel to go out and recruit a big men with a PG like TMG in Norman. Any PG that can go off and get assists is rare. I hope Capel is letting the big men out there know if they want easy buckets, TMG can get them easy buckets.

He's got one big man for 1 or 2 more years in Gallon. They just need to get in sync. We really need a guy that can go to the rim when TMG drives and be an above the rim threat.

Tiny needs to learn how to use his quickness in the low post. He tries to face up too much and his quickness his negated because he's so far from the basket. For a man his size he is super-quick though. I also like the fact that he can finish around the basket in so many ways.

Tiny will get better when he gets in shape and plays every play. I think the reason he spent so much time on the bench was because of his lackluster defense. Standing flatfooted and not hustling back on the screens was not good,.

He's got one big man for 1 or 2 more years in Gallon. They just need to get in sync. We really need a guy that can go to the rim when TMG drives and be an above the rim threat.

Tiny isn't really the type of big that will benefit, with his current play, from TMG. Imagine Blake with TMG. Or even a guy like LL. TMG needs somebody that will run the floor, get his butt inside, and can catch the ball and finish. Right now, that isn't Tiny.

It should be very easy for Capel to go out and recruit a big men with a PG like TMG in Norman. Any PG that can go off and get assists is rare. I hope Capel is letting the big men out there know if they want easy buckets, TMG can get them easy buckets.

I agree with you, htown. Any big man who is even remotely interested in the Sooners, should be on the phone to Capel saying I want to play with that Mason-Griffin kid the next three years. He is already one of the best point guards the country, and he's only going to get better.

htown,

I agree that it is a selling point that Coach Capel and the staff can use for recruiting bigs. Combine that with the seemingly available playing time, and one would think that OU could land an impact guy or two.

Tiny isn't really the type of big that will benefit, with his current play, from TMG. Imagine Blake with TMG. Or even a guy like LL. TMG needs somebody that will run the floor, get his butt inside, and can catch the ball and finish. Right now, that isn't Tiny.

You're right, it's not Tiny. But not because he doesn't have the ability, but because he hasn't developed his game to that point.

You're right, it's not Tiny. But not because he doesn't have the ability, but because he hasn't developed his game to that point.

I know some will disagree, but I doubt Tiny is ever a threat in the running game. Even if he loses some more weight, he is always going to be a big boy. And that isn't a bad thing. Big Baby isn't a threat due to his size either. Shaq was never really a threat.

People compare a little of TMGs game to Chris Paul well look at the big guys he's had in the NBA. They are all able to run the court well and are decent finishers and pretty athletic. Gallon is athletic but he's not really good with his feet like those guys are and he's not that big. Gallon's biggest problem is that he's afraid to play inside. But I don't think he'll ever be a guy that goes up and down the court like Blake could or other big guys can.

As a realistic option, I'd love to get the guy on the front page here, Aziz Ndiaye from the College of Southern Idaho. Big defensive presence and on offense he would give Gallon more room to operate. I say you get Tiny a few feet away from the basket.

Blake spoiled us good!

no doubt. Blake got about 4 or 5 easy baskets a game just off of beating someone down the floor off of his own rebound. I think there are probably opportunities for Tiny the same way, maybe not to the proficiency that Blake had. To beat your man down the court, all you have to do is outlet the ball quickly and run to the open spot. Tiny rebounds the ball well enough to do that, and TMG pushes well enough to find him. I'm confident easy bucket opportunities are there for Tiny, he just has to stay active letting TMG work.

As a realistic option, I'd love to get the guy on the front page here, Aziz Ndiaye from the College of Southern Idaho. Big defensive presence and on offense he would give Gallon more room to operate. I say you get Tiny a few feet away from the basket.

+1

Aziz may be just what the doctor ordered for next season.

Just someone quick off his feet and good hands. Oh and real mean!!

While it was fun watching Blake slam on the fast break, I would much rather have a small forward or a power forward running the court with the guards, leaving the center to get a bit of rest from having to run the floor. That leaves your center out of position, and the opposition can take advantage of it if they respond.

If the center happens to get a slam on the secondary break, that's nice. I just don't see the point of having the center run the floor ahead of the break. Fun, but unnecessary.

Back