Ana Llanusa

2017-2018
Madison Williams
Tatum Veitenheimer
Nydia Lampkin
Aspen Williston
Taylor Robertson
Jessi Murcer

I appreciate the list, Syb, and the point? Have I missed something in another thread?

That list contains great players, excellent players, good players, ok players, serviceable players and no impact players.

Is your point that they are young people - more than just players or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read the other thread. Now it’s clear.

2012-2013 was probably the worst class OU ever signed. Outside of that one and the 2015 class of EJ OU has signed a top 50 player each year... I don’t see it as much as the kids being over rated as it is the staff having a hard time developing players.

Other than listing the facts, I have no real point or agenda. It is sometimes important to lay out the results.

I think it is foolish to make statements indicating things like Sherri doesn't like to recruit (no sane person does), can't develop players, got lazy, or a number of the other regular complaints. I certainly don't buy into it. Sherri is too much of a firebrand to have that happen. She was all about intensity.

We don't have the talent that we had when we had Courtney. Curiously, if you were to put Courtney with some other combinations, they might have worked out pretty well. It's Courtney that we lacked. A nightmare performance by Brooke Smith probably cost us a title in the most likely year we could have got one.

I've been through some of the reasons that OU doesn't have another Courtney. Some of you can't accept the reality that OU is what it is. We are not the ideal school for these players. We also didn't attract Wilt Chamberlain, although we thought we might have a shot at The Shaq at the time.

I don''t have answers as to the post-Courtney years. Neither do you. Sherri probably has the best idea. She says things are changing, and she is trying to change what/who she recruits. She seems to feel that she got burned in the evaluations of attitudes of Mulkey and Dungee (might have missed on Harden, too). So, she's looking at that.

I really like what I've seen of Shaina, Ana, Madison, and Tatum. I have hopes that we can at least have good backups with Taylor,, Mandy, Jessi, and Aspen. Sherri seems to think a lot of Nydia. With what we have, I would really like to have Nydia work out and have two other players of at least 6-3, maybe one more guard type. One good interior player to go with maybe one more good wing, and we have a team that may contend.

Frankly, I wasn't that impressed by what I saw last night. Neither of those teams were Connecticut.

We have yet to be in the Final Four in a year in which UConn didn't go undefeated. I'd like to win in one of their off years.

Other than listing the facts, I have no real point or agenda. It is sometimes important to lay out the results.

I think it is foolish to make statements indicating things like Sherri doesn't like to recruit (no sane person does), can't develop players, got lazy, or a number of the other regular complaints. I certainly don't buy into it. Sherri is too much of a firebrand to have that happen. She was all about intensity.

We don't have the talent that we had when we had Courtney. Curiously, if you were to put Courtney with some other combinations, they might have worked out pretty well. It's Courtney that we lacked. A nightmare performance by Brooke Smith probably cost us a title in the most likely year we could have got one.

I've been through some of the reasons that OU doesn't have another Courtney. Some of you can't accept the reality that OU is what it is. We are not the ideal school for these players. We also didn't attract Wilt Chamberlain, although we thought we might have a shot at The Shaq at the time.

I don''t have answers as to the post-Courtney years. Neither do you. Sherri probably has the best idea. She says things are changing, and she is trying to change what/who she recruits. She seems to feel that she got burned in the evaluations of attitudes of Mulkey and Dungee (might have missed on Harden, too). So, she's looking at that.

I really like what I've seen of Shaina, Ana, Madison, and Tatum. I have hopes that we can at least have good backups with Taylor,, Mandy, Jessi, and Aspen. Sherri seems to think a lot of Nydia. With what we have, I would really like to have Nydia work out and have two other players of at least 6-3, maybe one more guard type. One good interior player to go with maybe one more good wing, and we have a team that may contend.

Frankly, I wasn't that impressed by what I saw last night. Neither of those teams were Connecticut.

We have yet to be in the Final Four in a year in which UConn didn't go undefeated. I'd like to win in one of their off years.

Well, Vivi turned out pretty well and I don’t remember anyone knowing much about her, so I hope Lampkin is at least as good as her predecessor.

I could contest just about everything Syb said with facts, but hey...whatever! Been there, done that. The "nightmare performance by Brooke Smith" statement is funny and had nothing to do with recruiting or the team as a whole that year. That lose to Stanford in San Antonio was due to poor coaching and SC admitted that she went with the senior players she "trusted" during that game. Why? Who knows considering OU was down by 18 or so when CParis was doing all she could but had little help considering Stanford's duo of Smith and Kristen Newlin were played at the same time. FINALLY SC put AParis in the game and gave Smith and Newlin hell. They knew how to handle them from playing them numerous times before in club ball and high school. The gap was closed to 2 or 3 before the half. What did she do? Go back to "trusting her seniors" versus the best match-ups. That was the year it seems OU could have won the NC along with 2009 and 2010... to at least the championship game; more games of coaching mistakes. Auriemma made the comment after one of the OU/UCONN games that too many players are standing around watching CParis. Former Georgia coach Landers mentioned how SC had waited too long to start AParis at OU. There have been just as many coaching mishaps as lack of recruiting efforts to sustain a competitive nationally ranked team. Just a shame!

These were real people, our recruits.

2005-2006
Jenna Plumley
Rose Hammond
Nyeshia Stevenson
Amanda Thompson
Abi Olajuwon

2006-2007
Danielle Robinson
Carlee Rothlisberger
Jenny Vining

2007-2008
Whitney Hand
Jasmine Hartman

2008-2009
Lindsay Cloman
Joanna McFarland

2009-2010
Aaryn Ellenberg
Nicole Griffin
Morgan Hook
Jacqueline Jeffcoat
Alexann Yancy

2010-2011
Sharane Campbell
DeShawn Harden
Kaylon Williams
Katherine Zander

2011-2012
Nicole Kornet
Maddie Manning

2012-2013
Gioya Carter
Shaya Kellogg
Derica Wyatt
T'Ona Edwards

2013-2014
Gabriel Ortiz
Gileysa Penzo
Vionise Pierre-Louis
LaNesia Williams

2014-2015
Ijeoma Odimgbe

2015-2016
Chelsea Dungee
Nancy Mulkey

2016-2017
Mandy Simpson
Shaina Pellington
Ana Llanusa

2017-2018
Madison Williams
Tatum Veitenheimer
Nydia Lampkin
Aspen Williston
Taylor Robertson
Jessi Murcer

I actually believe Penzo was part of that '12-13 recruiting class, as she redshirted her freshman year due to a knee injury.

I could contest just about everything Syb said with facts,
Re-stated: "I could contest just about everything Syb said with the usual anti-Sherri Coale opinions that I have been selling on every post that I have made for ten years?" Is that accurate?

Re-stated: "I could contest just about everything Syb said with the usual anti-Sherri Coale opinions that I have been selling on every post that I have made for ten years?" Is that accurate?

No thank you. I can speak/write for myself. But don't listen to me, read the post game quote:

GEORGIA HEAD COACH ANDY LANDERS
On Oklahoma's Ashley Paris:
"I will create a little dissension since I'm here and I'm leaving in a few minutes, but if I'm Ashley (Paris) I would ask the coach why didn't you play me more last year. I told our players that she might be the tougher proposition, because she moves her offense around a little bit. She is a little bit more mobile with her bounce, and a little bit more creative or shifty with the bounce. Courtney (Paris) will use the bounce but it is more powering you straight to the basket. So Ashley might be the tougher proposition. Her field goal percentage is outstanding and she is having a terrific year."

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArt...61&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=208388690

Read other stories...don't listen to me!
http://newsok.com/article/2936880

No thank you. I can speak/write for myself. But don't listen to me, read the post game quote:

"I will create a little dissension since I'm here and I'm leaving in a few minutes, but if I'm Ashley (Paris) I would ask the coach why didn't you play me more last year. I told our players that she might be the tougher proposition, because she moves her offense around a little bit. She is a little bit more mobile with her bounce, and a little bit more creative or shifty with the bounce. Courtney (Paris) will use the bounce but it is more powering you straight to the basket. So Ashley might be the tougher proposition. Her field goal percentage is outstanding and she is having a terrific year."

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArt...61&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=208388690

Good job. This Syb person should consider them-self SCHOOLED.

Anyone who thinks Ashley was better than Courtney is an idiot. Don't listen to that kind of garbage.

I always liked Ashley. But better than Courtney? Give me a break. Really DUMB.

So, a coach who was about as successful as Sherri in the early years of basketball, but who was certainly no more successful can now make statements since he is on ESPN is an expert? Landers was not as competitive as Sherri, but he has opinions?

This is absolutely, stupid. It is incomprehensible how a professional could be so stupid in comparing the two.

Amazing how some can read something else, that is so clearly stated. Where did Landers say that AParis was better than CParis? Seems to me that he provided a contrast rather than a comparison. Both were great at their individual styles of play. IF AParis had received any reasonable skill development while at OU, she would have been more of a power guard that can post up as well; similar to what she played in high school. She played certain positions based upon match-ups.

And Landers was the coach at Georgia when he made the comment. It was in the postgame notes.

Reading is fundamental.

Amazing how some can read something else, that is so clearly stated. Where did Landers say that AParis was better than CParis? Seems to me that he provided a contrast rather than a comparison. Both were great at their individual styles of play. IF AParis had received any reasonable skill development while at OU, she would have been more of a power guard that can post up as well; similar to what she played in high school. She played certain positions based upon match-ups.

And Landers was the coach at Georgia when he made the comment. It was in the postgame notes.

Reading is fundamental.
"So Ashley might be the tougher proposition."

It certainly is.

I actually believe Penzo was part of that '12-13 recruiting class, as she redshirted her freshman year due to a knee injury.
I used SoonerSports.com news from each year to list each year's class.

"So Ashley might be the tougher proposition."

It certainly is.

Really? You need to see if SC is available to provide some English tutoring. If you read the entire sentence and paragraph, then come away with the perception that he is stating that AParis was "better" than CParis...there's nothing to say other than...think what you want. You clearly don't understand context. But hey...back to the subject.

The lack of effective, strategic recruiting has been null and void. And let's not forget...she lucked up on the twins who then brought in other players. But that pipeline wised up.

Really? You need to see if SC is available to provide some English tutoring. If you read the entire sentence and paragraph, then come away with the perception that he is stating that AParis was "better" than CParis...there's nothing to say other than...think what you want. You clearly don't understand context. But hey...back to the subject.

The lack of effective, strategic recruiting has been null and void. And let's not forget...she lucked up on the twins who then brought in other players. But that pipeline wised up.

What, exactly did he say? He used a paragraph to question things. Then, he makes a clear statement---no confusion. You cited him, but you refuse to acknowledge what he said. He indicated that he might be creating controversy, which he did. He should have left before making the statement, not in a few minutes.

Back to recruiting...

We need 2 bigs, ASAP. I don't think EJ is ever going to cut the mustard.

We also need a 4.

What are our best options. Norm has pointed out the transfer from Oregon, who looks very good in the clip he provided.

Sherri, as we all know, not big on juco kids, but transfers....

Anyone think she would seriously go after one or two?

Who would you master minds go after?

Back