Recruiting

Which one? Lauren Yearwood and Sierra Campisano have transferred from Oregon. I don't think Campisano would be eligible this year. She was a top 20 or so in the 2016 HoopGurlz, but didn't do much at Oregon.

From what i saw of her can’t imagine she was top 20.. if so Oregon could of used her at least some ESPN is just questionable on some kids like i get off a few from other scouting sites but i don’t think campisano was even a top 100 in others eyes something not right when that big of gap in rating numbers. Lots of questions in the rankings game but regardless she earned practically no time.

From what i saw of her can’t imagine she was top 20.. if so Oregon could of used her at least some ESPN is just questionable on some kids like i get off a few from other scouting sites but i don’t think campisano was even a top 100 in others eyes something not right when that big of gap in rating numbers. Lots of questions in the rankings game but regardless she earned practically no time.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000

Shows the ESPN table. She was #14 on the 2016 chart.

Of course, this is the service that had Madison Williams at #77. Tatum wasn't even rated.

edit: #136 Prospect Nation

Last edited:
It makes me so mad that you have to berate others just to make yourself feel good. Yes this site is full of opinions but why do you have to slam the ones you do not agree with or like. I never agree with all of the crap many of you put on this board but you never see me berate anyone! I am an OU fan and have been since I was 5 and I am now 65. I see mistakes by every coach but I understand that dealing with young people in today's world us way different than any of us has ever dealt with! As a coach I will say if you have to spend 50% of your time with players dealing with non sports issues then you are losing very valuable teaching time. I bet thus is never considered by a single one if you who spout off about our coaches. Then again many of you are not considerate people!

It makes me so mad that you have to berate others just to make yourself feel good. Yes this site is full of opinions but why do you have to slam the ones you do not agree with or like. I never agree with all of the crap many of you put on this board but you never see me berate anyone! I am an OU fan and have been since I was 5 and I am now 65. I see mistakes by every coach but I understand that dealing with young people in today's world us way different than any of us has ever dealt with! As a coach I will say if you have to spend 50% of your time with players dealing with non sports issues then you are losing very valuable teaching time. I bet thus is never considered by a single one if you who spout off about our coaches. Then again many of you are not considerate people!

amen

2021 6'2 F Aaliyah Moore from Moore, OK was offered by Texas last night. I wonder how involved OU has been so far.

Another guard. SMH. Isn't that the last thing we need? Where are the bigs and the 4s? Sherri does it her way and it's completely her prerogative, I know. But can anyone explain this to me with any level of confidence that they are right and that Sherri is?

2020 is a ways away, I see nothing wrong with looking at 2020 guards, but I no Sherri was looking at 3 or 4 of the top guards in that class. It would be cool to open a pipe line to New York but idk it Sherri will ever bring in a kid from that area...

We only know of about six prospects that OU is recruiting this year. All are six feet or more. All are highly-rated enough that major programs are the competition. We have heard almost nothing, nor have we heard of others.

Seems like a normal year to me. We will know when they make up their minds. We won't even know who most are until then.

I made a mistake in my reading while driving and it didn’t click that she was a 21 signee.

Sorry, everyone, my bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baylor just signed Chloe Jackson, an LSU early graduate with one year more to play.
She averaged 18.1 per game and will play this year. I'm sure that SC had no interest.
The vast number of transfers will be made by the first week of June, to get the players on campus, into school and working out with teammates.

Where do we stand on improving our team for this next season?

The Chloe Jackson affair was unique. The first that we heard that she was considering transfer was when she announced she was visiting Baylor. It was as though she looked at the Baylor roster, noticed that they didn't have a guard returning, and thought she could win a championship by going to Baylor. If we begin to see that type of transfer occurring, it may end in restrictions on graduate transfers. Was she actually being recruited? How did that go down so rapidly with no other schools involved?

I suspect that when we didn't sign either of the two interior players from JC that we were looking at, it meant that we had decided to stick with highschool recruits. Aspen and Nydia may be better prospects than the JC people we were looking at, even if only for one year. We were looking at a transfer guard. But, that seems to have gone by the wayside as well. Unless you get a really top star, or really want to fill a void for one year, that may be more of a roster-filling technique than anything else. Most of the graduate transfers are going from nowhere to somewhere else. Notre Dame may have got lucky, and she wasn't really a grad transfer, was just treated as such by the NCAA.

The biggest name that I've heard might visit OU on a transfer basis was a kid who averaged about 3 points per game. She was a major HS recruit. Just wasn't all that productive.

OU is following on twitter:

#16 Aliyah Boston 6-3 Worchester MA Post-2
----Teresa Veitenheimer
----Tatum Veitenheimer
----Chad Thrailkill
----Gabbi Ortiz
----Oklahoma WBB
----Aspen Williston

#7 Liz Scott, 6-1 Tomball Klein Oak, TX Forward-2
----SoonersWBB
----Teresa Veitenheimer
----Tatum Veitenheimer

#10 Breanna Beal, 6-1 Rock Island, IL Forward-3
----SoonersWBB

#11 Charisma Osborne 5-8 Morena Valley Windward, CA PG-3
----Tatum Veitenheimer
----Abi Olajuwon

#14 Haley Jones 6-1 Santa Cruz Archbishop Mitty, CA W-4
----Taylor Robertson
----SoonersWBB
----Abi Olajuwon
----Oklahoma Basketball

#17 Maori Davenport 6-3 Troy Charles Henderson, AL P-3
----Teresa Veitenheimer
----Tatum Veitenheimer
----SoonersWBB
----Oklahoma Basketball
----Abi Olajuwon
----Chad Thrailkill

#18 Jaden Owens 5-9 Plano West, TX PG-5
----Madison Williams
----Chad Thrailkill
----Tatum Veitenheimer

#70 McKenna Warnock 6-0 Marshall Monona Grove, WI W-17
----Sooners Sports TV
----Oklahoma Basketball

#74 McKenzie Green 5-6 Rosharen Manvel, TX PG-13
----Tatum Veitenheimer
----Madison Williams

#87 Gabby Gregory 5-11 Sapulpa Holland Hall, OK W-20
----James Hale
----Oklahoma Basketball
----Taylor Robertson
----Chad Thrailkill
----Madison Williams
----Tatum Veitenheimer

Last edited:
I thought Chad was gone after the season? Was that just fake news?

I reported he was looking and I feel confident he was, but perhaps the right opportunity did not materialize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aliyah Boston is the post that UConn said they wanted when they claimed that they had not offered Samantha Brunnelle who committed to Notre Dame last week. Brunnelle said she was offered by UConn. A UConn source said they had switched their attention to Boston, not indicating a reason.

Boston has been in contact with several people at OU by twitter.

Back