Recruiting

https://twitter.com/SoonersWBB

Is this tweet from Danika Brown referring to Kennedy Brown's mother? This person shares tweets with Teresa Veitenheimer, Tatum Veitenheimer, Taylor Robertson, soonersWBB, and Thrailkill.

Looks that way. Also, some 2020/2021 players are being invited to come work out with the team recently.
That will work with local kids at least.

Yes, I notice that SoonersWBB has pictures of Trinity Gooden (2021) with the players.

Prectel of Colorado committed to Stanford over Texas and UCLA (?). I had some hopes. But, my hopes may have been encouraged by the fact that Kennedy Brown's mother is following OU a lot.

We made Kennedy Browns final six with Oregon State, louiseville, Baylor, and Oregon, and UCLA. Hopefully with us being the closest that gives us a better shot.

It would change our program for sure if we landed Brown or Amihere. Combined with our athletic wings and a solid PG (Tatum or Shaina) would make us very competitive with the likes of Baylor and UT!! Fingers crossed! Anyone know when they will be making their announcements?

Brown has said she wants to only take 3 official visits and make a decision before her high school season starts.

I would say that we would probably be in the final three for both. But, I also think there is one other who might be a surprise. I don't think they are the only highly-rated prospects that we have a solid shot at.

There are very highly-rated girls from Massachusetts and Texas on our radar who have been talking to OU.

edit: There is also a rather highly-rated prospect from Wisconsin (I think, somewhere up there) who is still talking to OU.

Last edited:
We have six freshmen and three sophomores. We graduate two this year.

I look for us to sign three, maybe four.

6-4 Chloe Bloom, committed

One of these four (maybe two):
6-1 Liz Scott, Klein Oak, TX #9 F
6-3 Aliyah Boston, Holy Names, NY #11 P
6-5 Kennedy Brown, Derby KS #58 P
6-0 McKenna Warnock, Monono Grove, W I #53 W
6-2 Laeticia Amihere, Kings Collegiate, QU

Probably: 5-11 Gabby Gregory, Tulsa Holland Hall, OK #112 W

We have probably all heard of everyone other than Boston. She has been following OU for some time. When UConn "lost" Brunnelle to Notre Dame, they indicated that they had moved on from her. Supposedly, they had offered Boston instead. But, she hasn't said a word.

I just think Gregory is a big fan from what I've heard. I think we should have a shot at anyone from Derby (McFarland's home town), and her mother does seem to follow a lot of OU people. Surely, with the problems that Baylor is having, nobody would choose them?

I think Amihere and Shaina are pretty good friends, and I think Liz Scott is friends with both Madi and Tatum.

I notice that Haley Jones, who Sherri went to see out of Archbishop Mitty, is now #1 in Prospect Nation.

Sherri may sign someone we don't expect. She usually does. But, we have been in contact with some good ones.

Next year is an even better field.

I sure hope you are correct!! And you're definitely right about signing someone we don't expect, I mean Bloom??? Had anyone ever even heard of the kid before she committed to us? Is she even a good 'get?'

I have a feeling we will get Gregory, but i'm not sure we will get any of the others, but boy do I hope we get at least a couple of them! Scott and Brown are probably the most realistic from what everyone's been saying, but only time will tell!

Bloom is a very, very good shooter. Seems a lot like Maddie Manning with a couple of inches and two healthy knees. A bit lanky. Can drive and shoot from anywhere. I see that Prospect Nation now has her ranked.

I feel rather good about Amihere, and I thought that Warnock fell in love with OU from one comment that I had seen. Some time ago. I see it as up in the air for everyone.

That would be a good get. It does seem that we are talking to some major prospects for 2019 and 2020.

Edit: This seems very unusual for Sherri to make any comment, even one without a name. She must be excited.

I just saw this. Does this mean we are recruiting her and she's actually voiced interest? If SC is commenting on it, she must be pretty confident! Imagine if we were to land Amihere, and then get this gal the next year. We would be a force to be reckoned with for sure. It would make the Big 12 interesting for sure with the amazing classes UT and Baylor have coming in!

I have no idea.

This is definitely a first! I rely on Syb to know everything! I'm going to need you to get with your sources and find out! haha. But seriously, if we keep up with this recruiting trend, maybe there is hope for the future of the program under SC.

I am extremely suspicious of anyone who claims to know what Sherri is doing during recruiting. We seem to find out who other schools are recruiting. I had no idea that OU was recruiting Madison Williams, Aspen Williston, Taylor Robertson, or Nydia Lampkin until they committed---very late. I don't think Sherri tells the press anything. The inside stories that I have seen addressed players that we really weren't recruiting.

I am extremely suspicious of anyone who claims to know what Sherri is doing during recruiting. We seem to find out who other schools are recruiting. I had no idea that OU was recruiting Madison Williams, Aspen Williston, Taylor Robertson, or Nydia Lampkin until they committed---very late. I don't think Sherri tells the press anything. The inside stories that I have seen addressed players that we really weren't recruiting.

I agree with you 100%. I have a contact that is very deep inside the program and he swears he knows nothing with regard to where Sherri is focused on recruiting. Ever!

I would not be surprised if the assistants are not caught totally off guard on occasion with Sherri's offers and cuts from the recruiting process. Sherri does like to micro-manage all facets of her program.

Back