Recruiting

I wonder why such secrecy? I do agree though, Madison Williams was a TOTAL pleasant surprise! I can't wait to see who we pick up this next class though!

A part of the secrecy is that the coaches are actually complying by the rules when they keep their mouths shut. The NCAA forbids discussion with anyone about a prospect until after he/she has signed a LOI.

Kind of makes you wonder where message boards and reporters get their information. Some girls like the notoriety. Some don't. Most guys seem to like the attention of recruiting.

sybarite,
If women's recruiting generated any real dollars like football recruiting does. There would be folks with sources and we'd know a lot more.
Hale if motivated can get some leads from a source at OU.
He's just never motivated.

sybarite,
If women's recruiting generated any real dollars like football recruiting does. There would be folks with sources and we'd know a lot more.
Hale if motivated can get some leads from a source at OU.
He's just never motivated.

I really quit my subscription to OUInsider for two reasons: Hale was more than a little anti-Sherri, and the reporting that he did was very inaccurate. If you want some entertainment, go back over his recruiting stories for the past two years. Of all the players that he has mentioned, I think Ana may be the only one who attended OU. His stories were pretty inaccurate.

I really quit my subscription to OUInsider for two reasons: Hale was more than a little anti-Sherri, and the reporting that he did was very inaccurate. If you want some entertainment, go back over his recruiting stories for the past two years. Of all the players that he has mentioned, I think Ana may be the only one who attended OU. His stories were pretty inaccurate.
Yeah, accuracy is the goal here

According to Hoop Dreams on twitter Rita Igbokwe has picked up a OU offer. 6'4" 2019.

Her 3 year high school record shows 5.6 points per game, 37% FG percentage, 36% FT percentage,

Rita Igbokwe, Mundy’s Mill

Igbokwe scored 22 points and pulled down nine rebounds in last week’s loss to Jonesboro.

Sound better than 5.6 points a game.

Here's a write up on her from her AAU team
Rita has a long and very athletic frame. She is a very physical player that does not shy away from contact, Her long wing span makes it tough for opponents to successfully shoot over her. She runs the floor well, and is very effective from Mid-Range. She works hard on the glass, and has learned how to handle pressure well because she is use to 2 defenders on her every high school game. Dominant in the post, with the ability to score with her back to the basket or face up. Rita is a 2 way player, that goes hard on both ends of the court. Already has a high basketball IQ, but says that she wants to become a student of the game. She is a very good athlete, and honestly just a great person. Understanding that you have to work on your craft to perfect it, you can often find Rita is the gym training. Although she is already being recruited by Power 5 School, you would never be able to tell it. The kid is very humble and always respectful, which makes it a pleasure to train and develop her.

Gabby Gregory's top 5 K State, Colorado, Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma

Thats encouraging. I am concerned about Arkansas. Neighbors has proven to be a great recruiter.

Neighbors is speaking at the Oklahoma Coaches Association annual clinic in Tulsa this week. Gives him an opportunity to get to know the coaches in Oklahoma.Tulsa this week.

Well Hale is done at OUinsider. New guys are not really guys that follow anything but men's sports.
So that limited occasional source is done.

Thats encouraging. I am concerned about Arkansas. Neighbors has proven to be a great recruiter.

I agree, i'm also concerned about Arkansas. Neighbors is a good recruiter and I say this year we notice difference in the caliber team they are, and every year after they will just get better and better with Neighbors there. Now, whether or not they are top in SEC is a different matter altogether.

Anyone have any guesses on who we will land in this next class? I already know about Bloom. I also know we are pursuing Warnecke (probably misspelled), Gregory, Amihere, Kennedy Brown and Elizabeth Scott. Sadly, I think we will be lucky to land one of these players...

I think we have got to start producing some 25 + win seasons in order for us to land more than one top recruit per class. Ideas anyone?

With Madison Williams, I would love to have Scott.

If we were to get three of Scott, Amihere, Igbowke, Gregory, and Brown, this would be a sensational year.

Back