***Releford experiences life in Norman***

Henzo

Reaction score
Since Oklahoma head coach Jeff Capel arrived in Norman, Okla. he has expressed a desire to start a lineup with two point guards on the perimeter. He has yet to find that perfect combination, but he is far from calling off the search. One potentially key piece to finding that perfect perimeter duo could be Bishop Miege H.S. point guard Trevor Releford. A growth spurt over the past year combined with an impressive summer showing has catapulted the talented floor general up numerous recruiting rankings and elicited interest from basketball programs across the country.

Link: Releford experiences life in Norman

Great interview! I think we have as good of a chance as anyone to sign him. I really like Capel's approach, recruit but don't put undue pressure on the kids.

Great interview! I think we have as good of a chance as anyone to sign him. I really like Capel's approach, recruit but don't put undue pressure on the kids.

I love that too! Capel knows how to get it done!

Something about the last part strikes me as kind of funny. Basically, he won't know if he needs to take a visit to Tennessee until after he gets back from Tuscaloosa. I'm not sure what to make of that one.

Either way, it sounds like it most likely will come down to OU or Bama. I'm definitely hoping for good news, but I must admit I hate that Bama is getting the last visit - unless he decides to visit Tennessee.

Something about the last part strikes me as kind of funny. Basically, he won't know if he needs to take a visit to Tennessee until after he gets back from Tuscaloosa. I'm not sure what to make of that one.

Either way, it sounds like it most likely will come down to OU or Bama. I'm definitely hoping for good news, but I must admit I hate that Bama is getting the last visit - unless he decides to visit Tennessee.

If that quote actually meant what it says then it seems to me he's either going to be impressed enough with his Bama visit to commit there shortly after, or he'll move on to Tennessee. Either way it doesn't sound like OU is his choice. It's almost like the only way he'd commit to OU is if the Bama visit stinks and then he tries Tennessee and that visit stinks too. Like we're 2nd string at best out of the 3 schools.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if Bama and OU are his top 2, why would a bad visit to Bama result in a trip to Tenn and not an OU commitment?...unless he's just not that impressed with OU.

I'm probably reading too much into words from an 18 year old kid.

Nope, he was on his own.

I would feel a lot better if his parents had visited with him. If they go on the trip to Bama, I'll really be worried.

Thanks for the interview, Henzo! Great stuff!!!

Great read! Thanks!
Come on down Mr. Releford!!!!!

I would feel a lot better if his parents had visited with him. If they go on the trip to Bama, I'll really be worried.

Thanks for the interview, Henzo! Great stuff!!!

That is certainly something to be worried about....

Basically, what I'm saying is that if Bama and OU are his top 2, why would a bad visit to Bama result in a trip to Tenn and not an OU commitment?...unless he's just not that impressed with OU.
I agree with this...unfortunately.

Back