Two visitors scheduled to be in Norman this weekend

Jennings scares me a bit as well, but I have huge faith that LK will know how to handle him.

I don't mind the Jennings deal so much. He has to sit a year and if in that year he doesn't do what the coaches want they can cut him loose and have the scholarship available next year.

Assuming we take one of this weekends' visitors, that puts us at 12 'ships for 2011, right? (That's under the assumption Hardrick is gone)

So, surveying the roster it looks as though we'll have one scholarship for 2012 which presumably we'd like to use on a 2 guard. Is that what it's looking like right now?

Assuming we take one of this weekends' visitors, that puts us at 12 'ships for 2011, right? (That's under the assumption Hardrick is gone) So, surveying the roster it looks as though we'll have one scholarship for 2012 which presumably we'd like to use on a 2 guard. Is that what it's looking like right now?
if kruger is lucky enough to sign both of the recruits coming in this weekend. he will still have a total of 6 scholarships to offer for the rest of this recruiting period and next year. of course, those spots are currently being occupied by newell,blair,fitz,pledger,washinton, and neal. oh, i know,i know. he wouldn't do that to our boys. but, he will. because, they are not his boys.

Looked on line for info on Jennings. Man, he was big time coming out of high school and very highly recruited. I wonder what happened to him at WVU. Hopefully, he isn't a head case. I don't follow WVU, maybe they had a stable of good bigs that kept him on the bench. Does anyone know or has anyone checked the WVU boards to see what the deal was. If so, thanks for sharing.

If I'm not mistaken, Jennings will be eligible to play to start the 2nd semester before conference play begins.

Looking at his game-by-game stats on ESPN, he played in games into January (last game was Jan. 19) so I'm assuming those were second semester games at WVU and he's lost that year and will have to sit out a full year at OU.

Thanks Hoops! I just assumed he left before the break. Guess he can burn his redshirt.

Romero Osby's averages at Miss State were not very good at all, but now it seems he has tremendous talent and could do way bigger things here at OU. I'm thinking the light might come on for Jennings as well. He has the talent and athletic ability, no doubt. And those who doubt his attitude, Kruger is a veteran head coach and knows how to handle these players, otherwise he would not be trying to get him to transfer here. I doubt it would be anything as bad as Capel trying to handle Tiny, TMG, and Willie.

I'm not quite aware of OU's scholarship situation, but size is a premium. They may offer both of these kids on the visit. Long was at Mississippi State last week. Many thought he had a chance to commit on that trip. Oklahoma may have a hand up since they are hosting him this week.

I'm not quite aware of OU's scholarship situation, but size is a premium. They may offer both of these kids on the visit. Long was at Mississippi State last week. Many thought he had a chance to commit on that trip. Oklahoma may have a hand up since they are hosting him this week.

I think both have a chance of getting an offer as well.

What is the "story" on Long? I'm sorry, but that is a kid that is "better" than what his offer list indicates based on what are admittedly highlight tapes. I see an athletic 6'10" guy that is showing range, quick off the floor, blocking shots, etc. Starting to get me into the mindset of "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is". I do like the idea of Osby in his ear telling him how much better OU is than MSU though!

I think both have a chance of getting an offer as well.

What is the "story" on Long? I'm sorry, but that is a kid that is "better" than what his offer list indicates based on what are admittedly highlight tapes. I see an athletic 6'10" guy that is showing range, quick off the floor, blocking shots, etc. Starting to get me into the mindset of "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is". I do like the idea of Osby in his ear telling him how much better OU is than MSU though!

i'm also in the it looks a little curious camp. but, i suppose a pretty good one will occasionaly wash up late. mayby he had a growing spurt between his jr./sr. years. mayby their is more interest around but they have no spots to offer. or more likely he is just abit more of a raw talent than his video would indicate. but, it still looks like a pretty darned good late get.

did Long have injury issues or something??? why is he still available this late??? looks pretty talented to me... and 6'10"... you can't teach that...

Back