Ryan Wright cannot be trusted

OU918

Reaction score
with the ball in his hands. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it stripped, swatted, smacked away from his hands. He is so careless and sloppy on offense.

I honestly wish the coaches would just give up on him and use Fitzgerald for all his minutes.

I would lump Tiny in that group as well. Can't play defense, always fouls out, scared to go up for dunks and has stone hands like Wright does.

It feels like when the coaches in football were bound and determined to make tennel into an actual player after drop after drop drop drop

It feels like when the coaches in football were bound and determined to make tennel into an actual player after drop after drop drop drop

Very similiar. They want an "experienced" veteran to be a part of the game no matter what the evidence on the court/field says.

I agree, but blame TMG on that play late. Why in the world would you be looking to give it to Wright in that position?

Gotta know your teammates.

He's not the best we'll see here, but he had 7 points, 6 boards an assist and 3 turnovers tonight while Fitz had NO clue. As bad as Ryan was, he was our best post player tonight and that ain't saying much.

I think Wright's been playing pretty solid as of late.

Definitely the best he's played in his career.

I have always been consistent on my dislike of wright so don't talk to me

As have I.

He can't catch, he can't shoot, he can't block out, and he can't guard.

I feel like he's literally a liability in every aspect of the game.

I just wish Tiny would freaking get his head in the damn game every once in a while so he could stay on the freaking floor.

you might be right on Wright, but what can Capel do? Play Gallon, who's showing immaturity, lack of focus, insubordination, and lately has had his own case of bad hands. Also, Fitz would have struggled with Singletary and isn't the rebounder that Crocker or Wright is. I love Fitz, but we can't play him solely for an 18ft jumper, he has to provide other stuff.

The real story in this game is how Gallon has taken two steps back. He's suppose to be the guy that we go to to stop the runs that have lost us games. Instead, he's a guy who's still gettting benched for disciplinary reasons. He's been benched 3 times this season and has made no-brainer mistakes more frequently, lately. And the sad part is his conditioning is so much better. Yesterday he was a shot blocking threat. Something he hasn't done at any point this year.

With Ryan the struggles have always stemmed from his small hands.

With Ryan the struggles have always stemmed from his small hands.

Ideally you would really like to play Ryan 15-20 giving blows to Tiny and keeping him out of foul trouble. The problem hasn't been Ryan. The problem has been the guys that should be providing the other 15-20 minutes at the post. We've got two posts that we just can't use out their in big12 play in Allen and Hardrick and Fitz's matchup problems are well documented. That's why we have to go four guards almost exclusively. You saw in the last minutes we had to go with Ray Willis instead of another post player. That's tough for a coach.

It's easy for Ryan to get the blame because he's out there and we see his mistakes, but it makes you curious what you'll see if the other guys are out there.

Back