Ryan Wright

Who is Tiny going to cover at the 3?
Capel seems to be a fan of going man over zone and I don't see any of those bigs on the floor able to stick with a guard like Juan or Taylor could last year.

Ryan is a text book example of a team player. The times I have come in contact with him and talked to him. He has been nothing but cool. After the scrimmage at the field house last year I talked to him for about 15 minutes. He loves being at OU. You have to have guys like Ryan on your team. The kid is and will continue to be a champion in life itself. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Who is Tiny going to cover at the 3?
Capel seems to be a fan of going man over zone and I don't see any of those bigs on the floor able to stick with a guard like Juan or Taylor could last year.

I would agree that Capel plays more man than zone, but Capel has played a lot of zone. I could see us run a 1-3-1 with the three bigs being in the middle (Capel likes to cover the corners with the bottom of the 1-3-1 so you either need a really athletic big man or a guard down there).

Also, the argument goes both ways. Who is going to cover Tiny on the other team if they don't put in a bigger guy to play there three. It is the Nebraska team from last year. As big of disadvantage as they faced on defense, they had that advantage on offense. The question comes down to can Tiny outscore the smaller guy who is covering him. With Tiny's size he is going to force the guard to drive. If Tiny understands where help is coming from, Tiny can push his man into bad driving lanes. In fact, you get some of your best traps out of having a big man push a smaller guard into another big man.

Very good points Mcg78. I really think if Tiny will buy into focusing on his inside game first it will only open up his outside game very much to his liking. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Personally I would be surprised if three of Wright, Gallon, Big O and Fitz are on the court at the same time.

Yeah, there is no way this ever happens. The strength will be the guards and there will always be 3 guards on the floor.

I'd be willing to bet someone that 3 of those big never touch the floor together this year. It's more likely that we will have 4 guards and 1 big on a floor for a few minutes than 3 bigs and 2 guards.

Last year with Juan Patillo and Taylor Griffin it was much different.

Holy Cow if RW averages 9 and 9 we're going to the final four.

Honestly, if he gets 9 total per game he will have a good year. If he gets 6 points one game and 3 rebounds, he may get 6 rebounds and 3 points the next game. I expect something more like 5 and 5 on the average..... which is pretty good.

Back