Sad thing is, OU did well to only lose by 10.

thebigabd

Reaction score
Got 19 points from TMG
Got 19 points from WW
Gallon played and got 10 rebounds
Got 9 points out of Fitzgerald

And.... you lose by 10. But there was a point in the game where it was 66-51 and it looked like CU was going to beat OU by 20 and they came down and got some 3's and some free throws and made a little comeback.

Everyone played, WW played really well, so sadly enough, I thought OU did pretty good to lose by 10 instead of 20, because CU played pretty good.

They had 4 guys score at least 13 points, and another guy had 9. Burks and Higgins were really solid as usual, and they got 13 points/10 rebounds/6 assists/2 steals out of Marcus Relphorde. Not that he is a bad player, he is an all newcomer guy, but he was a few finishes away from getting a triple double.

CU played well... almost blew OU out... OU fought back... Lost by a respectable margin. There is your summary.

OU did well from an effort stand point, which is great, but there was plenty of bad to go with it.

Transition defense was not good and just numerous breakdowns in halfcourt defense.

CU did play pretty well, hit a couple key shots. The 6 points on back to back possessions was a dagger.

OU's not going to beat anyone on the road just like CU isn't ISU isnt, Nebraska isnt, and Tech...nevermind.

Amazingly, ABD you are right. This team is just not very good. It's overrated in every aspect.

OU's two seniors didn't contribute much, even on defense. Tony in particular has been stellar on D nearly all year. But he was caught out of position several times on overplays and backdoor cuts. He and Ryan had 8 points and 9 rebs between them. Performances like that from your veterans are going to get you beat against most teams. TMG's 7 turnovers didn't help either. He seemed to be totally out of sync for some reason.

OU's not going to beat anyone on the road just like CU isn't ISU isnt, Nebraska isnt, and Tech...nevermind.

Yea, but if you told me OU got 40 points of TMG and WW (who wasnt even expected to play), 9 out of Fitz, 10 boards out of Gallon (who wasnt expected to play), and nobody for CU scored over 20 I would not guess OU would be at risk to get blown out.

Yea, but if you told me OU got 40 points of TMG and WW (who wasnt even expected to play), 9 out of Fitz, 10 boards out of Gallon (who wasnt expected to play), and nobody for CU scored over 20 I would not guess OU would be at risk to get blown out.

You would also assume we would have played some defense... ehhh.

I am out of town and wasn't able to catch the game, how did the rebounding look?

But there was a point in the game where it was 66-51 and it looked like CU was going to beat OU by 20 and they came down and got some 3's and some free throws and made a little comeback.

Don't you think that was mostly luck or statistics. When your offense is to jack 3s as soon as possible, a few of them are going to fall. In this case a few of them fell as OU was down by 15. Of course a few of them missed to allow OU to get down by 15.

Ada Quote: OU's two seniors didn't contribute much, even on defense. Tony in particular has been stellar on D nearly all year. But he was caught out of position several times on overplays and backdoor cuts. He and Ryan had 8 points and 9 rebs between them. Performances like that from your veterans are going to get you beat against most teams. TMG's 7 turnovers didn't help either. He seemed to be totally out of sync for some reason.[/QUOTE]

From what I could tell on tv and others have confirmed in their posts, he seemed very frustrated with his teammates--towards the end of the game he was upset with someone for not inbounding the ball to him. Problem is, his frustration then led to a t.o.

I am not bagging on him perse...I love having him on the team...it just represents some of the chemistry issues this team is having. Our coach seems unable to bring everyone together. There are just too many pieces that arn't working this year. I hope they figure it out for next year.

The team and program need some intervention I think.

Ada Quote: OU's two seniors didn't contribute much, even on defense. Tony in particular has been stellar on D nearly all year. But he was caught out of position several times on overplays and backdoor cuts. He and Ryan had 8 points and 9 rebs between them. Performances like that from your veterans are going to get you beat against most teams. TMG's 7 turnovers didn't help either. He seemed to be totally out of sync for some reason.[/QUOTE]

From what I could tell on tv and others have confirmed in their posts, he seemed very frustrated with his teammates--towards the end of the game he was upset with someone for not inbounding the ball to him. Problem is, his frustration then led to a t.o.

I am not bagging on him perse...I love having him on the team...it just represents some of the chemistry issues this team is having. Our coach seems unable to bring everyone together. There are just too many pieces that arn't working this year. I hope they figure it out for next year.

The team and program need some intervention I think.

Yep, he was yelling at Tiny.
Colorado was pressing, and Tiny was under the hoop on a made free throw, and instead of grabbing the ball quickly and in-bounding to TMG, he ran down court which allowed Colorado to set up the press.
He then turned it over and got even more frustrated and was really yelling at Tiny.

Yep, he was yelling at Tiny.
Colorado was pressing, and Tiny was under the hoop on a made free throw, and instead of grabbing the ball quickly and in-bounding to TMG, he ran down court which allowed Colorado to set up the press.
He then turned it over and got even more frustrated and was really yelling at Tiny.

Most of the time, coaches don't want a big man throwing it in against the press. TMG needs to chill out and run the press break the way Coach more than likely wanted it ran, which is without Tiny throwing it in.

Most of the time, coaches don't want a big man throwing it in against the press. TMG needs to chill out and run the press break the way Coach more than likely wanted it ran, which is without Tiny throwing it in.

Is this how Capel's press break is designed?

Is this how Capel's press break is designed?

I'd like to know this as well.

I'd also add that we were pretty late in the game, and the ball just sitting around bouncing around probably wasn't called either.

Here is what I took from it, at least TMG cared enough to be frustrate and try to get other folks to play hard.

I'd like to know this as well.

I'd also add that we were pretty late in the game, and the ball just sitting around bouncing around probably wasn't called either.

Here is what I took from it, at least TMG cared enough to be frustrate and try to get other folks to play hard.

That is just it though, you don't rush in that situation. Just b/c Tiny is close to the ball doesn't mean Capel wants him touching it. Let it bounce until Crocker or whomever can get to it, and get out of bounds to make the inbounds pass. You take your time, you set up the way you've been TAUGHT, and you break the press the way Coach wants you to. For TMG to jump on Tiny was out of line, and simply, bad basketball.

No wonder we can't win a game with all the bickering and nobody being on the same page. Not sure what TMG was thinking.

That is just it though, you don't rush in that situation. Just b/c Tiny is close to the ball doesn't mean Capel wants him touching it. Let it bounce until Crocker or whomever can get to it, and get out of bounds to make the inbounds pass. You take your time, you set up the way you've been TAUGHT, and you break the press the way Coach wants you to. For TMG to jump on Tiny was out of line, and simply, bad basketball.

No wonder we can't win a game with all the bickering and nobody being on the same page. Not sure what TMG was thinking.

Who would know better as to what the Coach wanted done in that situation, me or you watching on the television; or the point guard whose job it was to get the ball up the court? See I can admit that I don't know, but since TMG, the PG, seemed so animated about it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was frustrated for a reason...that said, that position doesn't give me the opportunity to call a guy out either.

Who would know better as to what the Coach wanted done in that situation, me or you watching on the television; or the point guard whose job it was to get the ball up the court? See I can admit that I don't know, but since TMG, the PG, seemed so animated about it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was frustrated for a reason...that said, that position doesn't give me the opportunity to call a guy out either.

Just b/c TMG wanted Tiny to do it, doesn't mean Capel wanted him to.

Watch the other press breaks. Watch what we've done all year. Tiny doesn't throw the ball in during a press. For obvious reasons.

Who knows what the intended inbounds play at that point was, I didn't see the game so I am not going to speculate. Most important thing is that there was a mix-up in communication somewhere on the floor.

Back