Scottie Reynolds back for his senior year

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
That's pretty huge for Wright and Nova.

Source Link

Villanova junior Scottie Reynolds is returning to school for his final season.

A one-time Big East Rookie of the Year, Reynolds sealed the Wildcats' spot in the Final Four with his falling-down floater against Pittsburgh. He averaged 15.2 points per game this season.

"The best decision for me is to return to Villanova for my senior year," Reynolds said in a statement released by the school. "I'd like to thank everyone who put their time into helping me get better during these NBA workouts. I especially want to thank my teammates and coaches here for all of their support. I felt like I learned a great deal from this process.

"I'm blessed to be in the situation I am in. I'm happy to be back at Villanova."

Reynolds, who worked out for seven different teams, told The Philadelphia Inquirer last week that he was happy with the feedback he was receiving and was confident that he could play in the NBA.

Underclassmen have until June 15 to withdraw their name from consideration for the NBA draft.

"Scottie took a very mature and intelligent approach to this process," Villanova coach Jay Wright said in the statement. "He prepared himself thoroughly for each workout and absorbed everything he could from them. This was a tremendous learning experience for him and now he is focused on becoming a great senior leader in our program. He has great respect for the tradition here and I know he'll embrace this role."

you can declare twice but the 2nd time i believe you have to stay in the draft no matter what.

I think Dirty's point is that he declared after his sophmore year, too. Didn't he? I seem to remember that.

i dont remember that but that certainly doesnt mean it didnt happen. i'm pretty sure he can't withdraw after the second declaration though.

Back