Soares

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
Anyone hearing anything on his availability? I know exactly how many bench reps Coe did and how fast (slow) Drake ran the 40. Obviously those are more pressing matters than the status of our best player heading into a game tomorrow.

Anyone hearing anything on his availability? I know exactly how many bench reps Coe did and how fast (slow) Drake ran the 40. Obviously those are more pressing matters than the status of our best player heading into a game tomorrow.
Ha im a huge drake hater. Our old TE Mark Andrews ran the same 40 as the chosen boy with the last name. Good thing we dont play our best players and instead let the "good" boys play. Maybe it was drake's great frame that got him on the field despite his lack of speed, nope.. hes like 5'8

Last edited:
Ha im a huge drake hater too. Our old TE Mark Andrews ran the same 40 as the chosen boy with the last name. Good thing we dont play our best players and instead let the "good" boys play. Maybe it was drake's great frame that got him on the field despite his lack of speed, nope.. hes like 5'8
if you don't think drake stoops was a good WR then I don't even understand what you are watching

Ha im a huge drake hater too. Our old TE Mark Andrews ran the same 40 as the chosen boy with the last name. Good thing we dont play our best players and instead let the "good" boys play. Maybe it was drake's great frame that got him on the field despite his lack of speed, nope.. hes like 5'8
This is a df level of hate.

if you don't think drake stoops was a good WR then I don't even understand what you are watching
I will go down on this ship. I appreciated his efforts and he got some numbers this year, but i cannot be convinced that there were not more deserving much better WRs that were faster, stronger, taller, and likely could catch better (some of our WRs were disappointing this year with drops tho, so drake at least did better with drops this year at least then others).

I was not expecting Drake slander on this board, lol.

Haha, that's wild.

Yeah, he's slow. Didn't stop him from being a very successful college player [because we forced it].
Fixed your quote

My popularity on your board is about to plummet but i stand by it

We threw FADES to him lolol. Dear lord. Like having mugsey bouges do the jump ball in the beginning of a basketball game..

I was not expecting Drake slander on this board, lol.

Haha, that's wild.

Yeah, he's slow. Didn't stop him from being a very successful college player.
Yeah, might be slow AF in straight line speed for a WR, but still was "good enough" for #2 in the Big XII in catches and TDs and #5 in yards.

As was the conversation about another OU legacy on this board, regardless of his last name, that's still a pretty good resume at WR. LOL.

But I still agree with Wichita. It would be nice to get updates from media on our hoops team going into March Madness instead of just waiting on PM's Zoom call.

Fixed your quote

I don't agree with you on this take, but I don't mind anyone expressing an opinion on a player. I do think the coaching staff did a poor job of getting our best players on the field, but I mainly think of the bizarre RB usage and the revolving door on the OL. And how it took half a season to realize who our best punter was is beyond me.

We have almost no basketball coverage, but even if it were world-class, I don't think our injury reports are getting out.

Fixed your quote

Eh, it's all good. We all have takes that people disagree with. I've said a lot of things that have proven to be, in a word, stupid.

Example:

Nic Anderson was a waste of a scholarship.

And I'm not sure if I said it (typed it) or not but I thought adding Luke Northweather was terrible. He's slowly proving me wrong.

Drake isn't going to win many athleticism awards, for sure, but for years now he was the most sure-handed and reliable WR. Run him to the sticks and more often than not, you were getting the first down. Just a different type of WR, he wasn't going to Andrel Anthony a defense (take the top off).

Last edited:
Ha im a huge drake hater. Our old TE Mark Andrews ran the same 40 as the chosen boy with the last name. Good thing we dont play our best players and instead let the "good" boys play. Maybe it was drake's great frame that got him on the field despite his lack of speed, nope.. hes like 5'8
We agree on a lot of basketball takes, but your Drake Stoops take is blasphemy.

Given the complaint that fueled this thread, it's funny that this thread has turned into football talk.
I knew someone was going to find the irony

I dont care. Id give up 2 football nattys (maybe 3) for 1 basketball natty in a heartbeat

Genuine question -- what's at stake in this game? If we're actually on the bubble or at risk of one of those play-in games, I think we have to go all in. If not, I'd rather sit Javian, Soares, etc. and get them as close to full strength. I don't care if we're a 7, 8, or 9 seed. Being healthy is the most important thing. Unleash Cooper and Cole.

wow. just wow. of all the things to be mad about with the football team, Drake isn't one of them. He is everything you want in a player.
Wow

We have one MBB beat guy, kind of, and that's Bob. On that topic, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

The media, for the most part, is out to get clicks. Clicks = money in their pockets. Sadly, MBB doesn't generate enough clickety clicks.

Notice, the WBB team gets decent (or good enough to win the regular season B12 title) and several reporters start caring for a very brief time. Right now, it's back to very little attention/coverage again but let the girls make a run in the NCAA tourney and we'll see expanded coverage. It reminds me of the OUinsider guys. They ignored baseball all year (the year they made it to Omaha). All of sudden, OU makes it to Omaha and they send two people to cover it. Guess what they're doing now for baseball? Ignoring it again.

Back