Soares

Genuine question -- what's at stake in this game? If we're actually on the bubble or at risk of one of those play-in games, I think we have to go all in. If not, I'd rather sit Javian, Soares, etc. and get them as close to full strength. I don't care if we're a 7, 8, or 9 seed. Being healthy is the most important thing. Unleash Cooper and Cole.
I’m with you. Sit the guys that need rest. TCU is also playing crappy. Who knows what can happen but I don’t want another injury.

wow. just wow. of all the things to be mad about with the football team, Drake isn't one of them. He is everything you want in a player.
Wow
For a 4th WR at best, sure. You prolly think austin stogner was awesome this year too with his 4.89 40 time? Ha

For a 4th WR at best, sure. You prolly think austin stogner was awesome this year too with his 4.89 40 time? Ha
I understand that logical fallacies are kind of your thing so I'll let the stogner comment go.

This seems very personal to you. Did Drake sleep with your girl? sister? There is literally no reason to be upset with Drake Stoops playing time at OU. He consistently made key plays. He consistently left it all on the field. Your whole argument is very subjective because you THINK there were better options. What a miserable way to root for a team

I knew someone was going to find the irony

I dont care. Id give up 2 football nattys (maybe 3) for 1 basketball natty in a heartbeat
I'm with you- I'd give up the pursuit of #8 to get #1 in hoops. That is blasphemy on the other boards. And maybe for some on this one.

Maybe because I've seen a lot of success and more than one NC in football during my lifetime. And I actually like the sport of basketball more than football. But whatever the reason for being hoops-starved, I'm like the Cubs fans before 2016- just hoping to see it before I die. And I ain't THAT old. LOL.

I understand that logical fallacies are kind of your thing so I'll let the stogner comment go.

This seems very personal to you. Did Drake sleep with your girl? sister? There is literally no reason to be upset with Drake Stoops playing time at OU. He consistently made key plays. He consistently left it all on the field. Your whole argument is very subjective because you THINK there were better options. What a miserable way to root for a team
I don't think you know me enough or my postings to label me as a fallacy lover, but okay.

No, I just think he got preferential treatment and he was not as good as everyone believes ("but his blocking!!"). No big deal (my "girl" is taller than him lol)

I've been watching OU football for more than 50 years and Drake is in my top 10 favorite Sooner players. I'm trying to imagine agonizing and feeling frustrated throughout his career rather than delighting in it, as 99% of Sooner fans did. Man, you missed out on a lot of fun.

Ha im a huge drake hater. Our old TE Mark Andrews ran the same 40 as the chosen boy with the last name. Good thing we dont play our best players and instead let the "good" boys play. Maybe it was drake's great frame that got him on the field despite his lack of speed, nope.. hes like 5'8
how fast do you think wes welker was ?? or tons of different slot guys??

I've been watching OU football for more than 50 years and Drake is in my top 10 favorite Sooner players. I'm trying to imagine agonizing and feeling frustrated throughout his career rather than delighting in it, as 99% of Sooner fans did. Man, you missed out on a lot of fun.
No i enjoyed the ride (mostly). Just wondered what could have been with this WR core/offense vs. what i perceived as a forced emphasis on a non-elite skill position player (who just happened to have a famous name - what were the odds on that complete randomness). And we will see when the younger guys start to play in the following years if it seems like i was on to something. Everyone is so dramatic on here...

"You didn't love this player? Ohhh. He must have had sex with your wife and you have a small member on your body and you hate life wondering though it all throwing rocks at kids riding skateboards on the sidewalk."

how fast do you think wes welker was ?? or tons of different slot guys??
Probably similar but they will be generally faster I bet

Altho, i don't think you can compare 2003 40s with 2024 40s. Techniques are better, everyone is getting faster, laser times vs. Hand times (laser/hand can work both ways however). Jerry rice ran like a 4.8. It is unfair to compare different decades in terms of pure athleticism.

I will gladly entertain a bet of welker's nfl career vs. Drake's if you want?

We have one MBB beat guy, kind of, and that's Bob. On that topic, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

The media, for the most part, is out to get clicks. Clicks = money in their pockets. Sadly, MBB doesn't generate enough clickety clicks.

Notice, the WBB team gets decent (or good enough to win the regular season B12 title) and several reporters start caring for a very brief time. Right now, it's back to very little attention/coverage again but let the girls make a run in the NCAA tourney and we'll see expanded coverage. It reminds me of the OUinsider guys. They ignored baseball all year (the year they made it to Omaha). All of sudden, OU makes it to Omaha and they send two people to cover it. Guess what they're doing now for baseball? Ignoring it again.

@Brodylusk on X ... HS kid signed by ou insider... Hes a grinder. But not on campus.

Probably similar but they will be generally faster I bet

Altho, i don't think you can compare 2003 40s with 2024 40s. Techniques are better, everyone is getting faster, laser times vs. Hand times (laser/hand can work both ways however). Jerry rice ran like a 4.8. It is unfair to compare different decades in terms of pure athleticism.

I will gladly entertain a bet of welker's nfl career vs. Drake's if you want?
one of the best corners in the NFL in the past 10 years ran 4.6 at the combine ..

4.6 anything is still very fast

We have one MBB beat guy, kind of, and that's Bob. On that topic, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

The media, for the most part, is out to get clicks. Clicks = money in their pockets. Sadly, MBB doesn't generate enough clickety clicks.

Notice, the WBB team gets decent (or good enough to win the regular season B12 title) and several reporters start caring for a very brief time. Right now, it's back to very little attention/coverage again but let the girls make a run in the NCAA tourney and we'll see expanded coverage. It reminds me of the OUinsider guys. They ignored baseball all year (the year they made it to Omaha). All of sudden, OU makes it to Omaha and they send two people to cover it. Guess what they're doing now for baseball? Ignoring it again.
Let’s hear those thoughts lol. I’m sure they line up with my thinking, but they aren’t the popular opinion on him.

I don’t see how anyone could have anything negative to say about Bob. I can’t say I’m necessarily a fan but to say I’m not a fan wouldn’t be right either.

I do find his writing ability highly overrated

Ha, I didn't mean to suggest that my thoughts were negative per se. Just not my style, which is okay. Very robotic, lacks personality. I don't read newspapers in 2024. That's the gist of it. It's not a slam on the man himself, he seems like a good person.
I'm grateful for anyone that throws anything the bball team's way

Ha im a huge drake hater. Our old TE Mark Andrews ran the same 40 as the chosen boy with the last name. Good thing we dont play our best players and instead let the "good" boys play. Maybe it was drake's great frame that got him on the field despite his lack of speed, nope.. hes like 5'8
There are takes and then there are TAKES.

Back