Softball

Wrong. I specifically answered everyone of your questions by providing results of games played instead of worthless opinions. I just did not try to argue without using fact and stating only ones feelings.

There you go with more blah, blah, blah.

No, you did not answer my questions. I asked how you would justify how so many SEC teams were in the top 25 when conference play began, based on their soft schedules.

Because after conference play begins, the way the RPI is set up, RPI rewards the conferences with the most top 25, because they play each other. There is minimal movement in the top of the RPI after conference play begins, no matter how teams perform from there out.

Take a look at the top 30 in the RPI in the first release.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NN4vbmyc...YT2OUP5QjWnwCEw/s1600/rpitop30march202017.jpg

The SEC had 10 teams in the initial RPI top 25. They had 9 in the final RPI top 25. I cited 5 SEC teams SOFT non-con schedules. Specifically I cite S. Carolina, Georgia and Kentucky. All were in the initial RPI top 25 and SC and Kentucky were in the final RPI 25.

But none of those three teams inclusion in the top 25 was justifiable based on their non-con schedules. From there out, it's hard to drop, based on the formula.

But you dance around this every time. I expect you will this time, as well.

I'm telling you, politics is your calling. You NEVER answer the pertinent questions. You deflect and change the discussion, without ever answering questions you don't want to, or can't.

Blah, blah, blah!

Enough about all of this RPI crap.
I just looked at Weather.com's projection for the weather in OKC starting Thursday, and theres a 60% chance of scattered t-storms on Thursday, a 100% chance of Friday morning t-storms, and a 60% chance of afternoon t-storms on Saturday.
It seems like every year, we get storms to mess with the schedule.
Our game is the last one scheduled for Thursday (8 PM Central Time), so who knows?

Supposed to be a full set of games on Thursday - remember we played two innings with Bama last year then came back on Friday which threw the tourney off.

On Friday, it is two games in the winners bracket.

Supposed to be a full set of games on Thursday - remember we played two innings with Bama last year then came back on Friday which threw the tourney off.

On Friday, it is two games in the winners bracket.

Speedy, if we win on Thursday, do you think Patty goes with Paige P again on Friday? Or do you think she continues the Mariah/Paige L as she has recently?

Friday is an elimination day, isn't it? If you lose on the first day, just the losers play on Friday which sends two teams home.

Friday is an elimination day, isn't it? If you lose on the first day, just the losers play on Friday which sends two teams home.

No, its called Elimination Saturday. Winners bracket Thursday and Friday. Losers bracket is all day Saturday. Sunday is survivors from each Losers bracket against the winner in that side's respective winners bracket, if loser bracket team wins, play a second game.

If you win Thursday, you play one on Friday.
Win on Friday, then you don't have to play again until Sunday.
Lose on Friday, you play one on Saturday and two on Sunday (if you continue to win).

If you lose Thursday, you don't play Friday, but you will have to play 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday (providing you win out, any loss from Saturday on sends you home).

SoonerSports.com article ...

OU Opens WCWS Thursday Night against Baylor
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArt..._LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211611090&KEY=

(EXCERPT)

NORMAN – Tenth-seeded Oklahoma (56-9) opens play at the 2017 Women's College World Series Thursday night at 8:30 p.m. CT against No. 15 Baylor (48-13) on ESPN2.

The defending national champions, Oklahoma is making its sixth WCWS appearance in the last seven years and 11th trip overall. Thursday's game will be the first ever between the Sooners and Lady Bears in the postseason.

The teams met earlier this season when Oklahoma won a three-game series in Norman in late April. A two-out, two-run double in the bottom of the 10th inning from sophomore Fale Aviu gave OU a dramatic come-from-behind, 3-2 victory in the series opener, while Baylor fought back to even the series in game two with a 4-3 win. OU was able to win the series, though, as junior Nicole Pendley hit a first-inning grand slam and fellow junior Paige Parker tossed a five-hit shutout with nine strikeouts in a 6-0 victory.

In their second game of the double elimination tournament, the Sooners will face either No. 3 Oregon (52-6) or No. 6 Washington (48-12). A win over Baylor would have OU play on Friday afternoon at 8:30 p.m. CT, while a loss would see Oklahoma play its second game Saturday at 1:30 p.m.

10th Seeded Oklahoma (56-9)? Wow, what a travesty.

Below is what Graham Hays of ESPNW had to say about the Sooners, whom he ranked second among the eight teams headed to the WCWS. Florida was #1, by the way.

2. Oklahoma: The Sooners took the scenic route from Norman to Oklahoma City, by way of four elimination games in a regional and a trip to Auburn for a super regional. But the team that swept the Tigers looked a lot like the team that won the championship a year ago against the same opponent, only with more choices in the circle. It's also worth pointing out that, regional drama aside, Oklahoma didn't do anything wrong to draw a double-digit seed. It just ran afoul of a selection committee hell-bent on strength-of-schedule data.

I watched a little of a Florida pitcher who seemed to leap off of the rubber toward the batter as she delivered her pitch. Her foot left the rubber before the ball left her hand. Legal? Illegal? I'm blind?

Whats up?

I watched a little of a Florida pitcher who seemed to leap off of the rubber toward the batter as she delivered her pitch. Her foot left the rubber before the ball left her hand. Legal? Illegal? I'm blind?

Whats up?

There's a 3-page discussion going on robocoach.com about her (Kelly Barnhill), the favorite for national POY. Florida fans think her delivery is fine; almost all the others say her delivery is illegal. The site has video showing her delivery. Certainly looks like she hops, then replants on every pitch. She's pretty much outside the circle when she releases the ball.

Well if they haven't called her for an illegal pitch they aren't going to start this week. On one of the Auburn boards there was discussion that Parker was also doing the same and supposedly they had sent video of her motion to officials prior to series.

For the golf fans out there, the OU men's team will be going against Oregon tomorrow afternoon with the National Championship on the line. Live coverage on the Golf Channel.

Well if they haven't called her for an illegal pitch they aren't going to start this week. On one of the Auburn boards there was discussion that Parker was also doing the same and supposedly they had sent video of her motion to officials prior to series.

That's a stretch (Parker's so-called illegal pitch). Paige's delivery looks nothing like Barnhill's.

Anyway, you're right, the umps are not about to start calling something now that they haven't called all season. And, by the way, Barnhill is a very talented and very effective pitcher. She just can't make a throw to first to save her life.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, here we go this weekend. I will be out of pocket, but will be following the action.

GO OU Sooner Softball. Rock it Girls! Great Job Patti.

Sherri Coale, please take note of what a winner looks like.

That's a stretch (Parker's so-called illegal pitch). Paige's delivery looks nothing like Barnhill's.

Anyway, you're right, the umps are not about to start calling something now that they haven't called all season. And, by the way, Barnhill is a very talented and very effective pitcher. She just can't make a throw to first to save her life.

I thought I remembered lots of howling and screaming by fans in the past because they were calling illegal pitches in the NCAA tournament but they hadn't all year long.

I thought I remembered lots of howling and screaming by fans in the past because they were calling illegal pitches in the NCAA tournament but they hadn't all year long.

You could be right, MSProud, though I don't recall that happening in the last few years. And I doubt the umps will start calling illegal pitches at the WCWS this year, since they would be doing it against the SEC's top pitcher who was also just named national POY.

I remember it happening several years ago just not the girl or the school. But she was a high profile pitcher on a very good team, and yes, they started calling her for illegal pitch in the postseason. She had been called for it a few times during the regular season, but they seem to target her in post season and it really threw her off her game (pun intended).

I think you are talking about Sara Nevins of South Florida who Florida and Florida State couldn't beat until they got the umpires to call her jump move as illegal. She was on the national team with Keilani.

Back