Softball

I cannot see Patti putting in a true freshman to start this game or come in relief, no matter how good she is, unless she has no other option.

Lopez hasn't seen action in what, two months or more?

Game 2 against Auburn. So more like a week or two.

If you look at Parker's era as a starter, a little over 1 run/g, and her record as a reliever, over 2.5 runs/g, I would be inclined to start Parker. Also I prefer Lowary's mentality for closing the game.

I think Patty tries to get 4 innings from Parker and use Lowary for one pass through the Florida batting order in relief. But who knows? Lombardi!

Not inclined, ordinarily, to agree with the stat fanatic, but in this case, Spock and I are on the same wave-length.

All I can say to those who have so little confidence in Paige Parker, I think Patty Gasso and Paige would have a good laugh over that.

Don't know who will start tonight, but I'll be surprised if it's not Parker. Lowary and even Lopez will see action if they're needed.

Game 2 against Auburn. So more like a week or two.

Thanks. After I posted I looked for her stats for the year, but I couldn't find them even on the OU Softball sight.

She sure as hell has promise, though.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be given the chance or won't be a great one for us. It's pretty clear that is likely to happen.

Thanks. After I posted I looked for her stats for the year, but I couldn't find them even on the OU Softball sight.

She sure as hell has promise, though.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be given the chance or won't be a great one for us. It's pretty clear that is likely to happen.

I don't mean to act like I know what I'm talking about. My background is almost entirely baseball-oriented. It just seems like Paige and Paige have had a heavy workload lately. The fact that Gasso started Lopez against Auburn makes me think she'd be willing to do it again. I know what it's like to pitch a bunch of innings in baseball, but I have no idea what it's like in softball. My guess isn't worth much.

I don't mean to act like I know what I'm talking about. My background is almost entirely baseball-oriented. It just seems like Paige and Paige have had a heavy workload lately. The fact that Gasso started Lopez against Auburn makes me think she'd be willing to do it again. I know what it's like to pitch a bunch of innings in baseball, but I have no idea what it's like in softball. My guess isn't worth much.

And you may very well be right, Eielson.

It was a great game. Lot's of credit for making the plays when they counted.
It looked to me like that both Pendley and Hatfield were very deep on the 7th inning game tying hit, maybe deeper than necessary.

The umpire really took the inside and bottom of the plate from Parker. Hope he isn't behind the plate again.

Anyone know what happened to Alissa Dalton. Really need her bat. We are weaker in the bottom of the order than I expected to be.

It was a great game. Lot's of credit for making the plays when they counted.
It looked to me like that both Pendley and Hatfield were very deep on the 7th inning game tying hit, maybe deeper than necessary.

The umpire really took the inside and bottom of the plate from Parker. Hope he isn't behind the plate again.

Anyone know what happened to Alissa Dalton. Really need her bat. We are weaker in the bottom of the order than I expected to be.

Dalton has been suspended for close to two months but is still listed on the roster. I heard it was an attendance issue. Don't know whether it was class or practices.

Fla. going with their utility player. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parker stunk tonight and not just a little bit. Terrible performance.
She looked and acted
Terrified and gassed.

Parker stunk tonight and not just a little bit. Terrible performance.
She looked and acted
Terrified and gassed.

Just like your posts! Stop attacking these student athletes! No reason for it!

Had Paige not been our ace I think Lombardi would have gotten her out soon enough to have saved us another run and held the gators to only 2.

And I'll say whatever I like and if you don't like it--- feel free to leave the board.

Even the TV analyst said based upon yesterday and tonight that Parker "was having issues she needs to work out" with control, walking lead-off batters, and getting behind batters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work by Mendes. We're getting it done.

Back