Softball

An amazing game and a win for the ages! Congrats Sooners!

Indeed. Yes. A game I will not forget. Memorable. WIN!!

Talk about competitors. The players on both teams kept fighting and fighting and fighting.

Patti is OU's best coach. She needs a statute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parker has to learn not to walk the leadoff batter when trying to end a game. Did it twice. It bit us both times.

Absolutely but I think it was more a control issue all night last night. Parker just could not consistently get ahead of hitters and struggled as a consequence. Hasn't had but about 1 "A game" in her last 3. Fortunately her "B game" gets her a lot of wins which is why she is the money pitcher.

Also thought Florida did an excellent job at not swinging at the out the zone pitches most OU opponents bite on and Parker lives on. They were forcing Paige to not throw her pitch as they were ahead in the count too often.

Last edited:
In a game of great performances and epic pitchers, on both sides, Paige Lowary stands above them all. Wow what a tough tough kid. Great job by all the SOONERS!!!

Gonna have to call it a night. Hope we pull it out, but we've blown too many opportunities.

I noticed you didn't "call it a night." Well, neither did I. I was just too exhausted to talk about the game anymore. :ez-laugh:

I would have been sick if our kids had lost after battling so hard to win last night, but I'm glad I stayed up to witness a historic game that was as exciting as any sporting event I have seen in sometime.

What a great game! What a great win! I was so proud of Coach Gasso and her players. Saying this team is tougher than nails mentally and physically doesn't do them justice. They're on a level I'm not sure anyone can explain.

I noticed you didn't "call it a night." Well, neither did I. I was just too exhausted to talk about the game anymore. :ez-laugh:

I would have been sick if our kids had lost after battling so hard to win last night, but I'm glad I stayed up to witness a historic game that was as exciting as any sporting event I have seen in sometime.

What a great game! What a great win! I was so proud of Coach Gasso and her players. Saying this team is tougher than nails mentally and physically doesn't do them justice. They're on a level I'm not sure anyone can explain.

Agreed! I felt like I had been run over by a Mack truck after the game and I hadn't done anything! Hope there are not any more extra inning games! Unless we have to have to win!

When OU played Tennessee in the Orange Bowl (what year was that, 1967?), the Vols were making a field goal attempt to win the game in the final seconds. My mom was so nervous, she couldn't take it anymore: She went and hid in the shower. When Tenn missed the kick, a tradition was born: whenever the Sooners were in a tense, do-or-die situation, Mom would go hide in the shower stall. It usually worked, too.

Mom's no longer with us, but when the Gators loaded the bases with one out last night, I decided I couldn't just sit and watch, as I had in the seventh and the 12th innings. I had to take action.

So for the rest of the game, I left my front room and went into my bedroom (I only have two rooms, besides my tiny kitchen and bathroom) for thirty seconds at a time (I couldn't stand it any longer than that). I used the stopwatch on my iPhone as a timer and after thirty seconds had passed, I would pop out to see where things stood. If the game was still going on, back into the bedroom I went, for thirty more seconds. (I couldn't hear the play-by-play because I have to wear headphones late at night due to a fussy downstairs neighbor. They were plugged in, muting the sound, but the headphone cable doesn't reach as far as the bedroom.)

It took five trips to the bedroom to win the game, but it finally worked.

You're all welcome.

Last edited:
She had help. Both times she got squeezed by the home plate ump.

Agree. I thought the ump had Parker frustrated with his strike zone. Was really squeezing her. I guess it should be expected the way the officiating has been in the wcws.

When OU played Tennessee in the Orange Bowl (what year was that, 1967?), the Vols were making a field goal attempt to win the game in the final seconds. My mom was so nervous, she couldn't take it anymore: She went and hid in the shower. When Tenn missed the kick, a tradition was born: whenever the Sooners were in a tense, do-or-die situation, Mom would go hide in the shower stall. It usually worked, too.

Mom's no longer with us, but when the Gators loaded the bases with one out last night, I decided I couldn't just sit and watch, as I had in the seventh and the 12th innings. I had to take action.

So for the rest of the game, I left my front room and went into my bedroom (I only have two rooms, besides my tiny kitchen and bathroom) for thirty seconds at a time (I couldn't stand it any longer than that). I used the stopwatch on my iPhone as a timer and after thirty seconds had passed, I would pop out to see where things stood. If the game was still going on, back into the bedroom I went, for thirty more seconds. (I couldn't hear the play-by-play because I have to wear headphones late at night due to a fussy downstairs neighbor. They were plugged in, muting the sound, but the headphone cable doesn't reach as far as the bedroom.)

You're all welcome.

:ez-roll: :ez-roll:

Hilarious story, Sky! I know you too well to believe you made it up, so I'll be the first to say, thanks. I'm not sure my aging nerves would have held up through another inning or two?

You're all welcome.

Great story! And glad it worked! :)

I had to go to my study for three innings after the 12th.

Florida was 58-8 (66 games).
Florida had permitted 27 doubles. We got three (10% of their total for the year).
Florida had permitted 7 home runs. We got three (30% of their total for the year).
Barnhill had permitted three home runs. Mendes and Knighten became #4 and $5 (40% of her total for the year).

God bless your Mom. And God bless Granville Liggins.

I could barely take last night. One strike? TWICE?! Most teams, especially the visitors, can't overcome such blows. The line-drive sac fly in the 17th sure looked menacing off the bat. It just about did me in.

Onward. Boomer Sooner!

Last night's sporting event was one of the greatest I have ever seen.

OU-Nebraska 1971
USA Women Soccer Women over China 1999
USA Hockey Wins Gold Medal
Frazer over Ali
OU beats Ohio State
OU Softball beats Fla. 2017

I cannot see Patti putting in a true freshman to start this game or come in relief, no matter how good she is, unless she has no other option.

Lopez hasn't seen action in what, two months or more?

Patti might call on her if either one of the two Paiges fade. I actually think Paige L. gets the start again tonight. Parker had a lot of problems last night and you could tell it got in her head.

But, who knows?

All I know for sure is I cannot wait for this game to start.

Back