Softball

Mendes with a solo HR! Sooners lead, 2-1

Will Gasso pull a coaching move and pull Lowary for Parker, give the Gators a change in what they've been seeing???

That hurts. Lead-off walk that probably should have been a K ties the game after the 2B trips up on a double-play and the LF can't make a catch. Should have locked it up when we had the chance.

Two things: I thought the home plate ump squeezed Parker big time in that seventh inning. Two of those "balls" to the leadoff hitter were strikes in my opinion.

And while the very notion of me questioning any decision Coach Gasso makes is absurd, I didn't have a good feeling about us positioning the outfield that deep. Ten feet further in would have obviously made all the difference.

Last edited:
And while the very notion of me questioning any decision Coach Gasso is absurd, I didn't have a good feeling about us positioning the outfield that deep. Ten feet further in would have obviously made all the difference.

Had that been anything but full count, I think we end up holding her at third (or second) as long as both outfielders don't end up on the ground (which they did). Being full-count, though, I imagine Gasso wants that one back.

That throw from RF was one of the best I've ever seen. Might have saved our season.

Nobody will be able to call this home-field officiating. Not only was that interference on the 1B, but she was safe anyway. Absolutely horrid call.

I wanted Lowary to stay in. Not a coach, just a gut feeling. Doesn't mean I was correct......not in anyway.

I thought the umpire squeezed both Paige's. I thought Parker struck out the first and fourth hitters: one walks, the other doubles.

At least, they have to call interference.

I thought the umpire squeezed both Paige's. I thought Parker struck out the first and fourth hitters: one walks, the other doubles.

At least, they have to call interference.

I am listening to the game on the internet at NCAA.com and they thought it was certainly close regarding the interference. Think they may have thought one of Parker's pitches looked good.

Two clutch hits to put us in th lead again! Gotta take advantage of another chance and win the game this time.

Might see Lowary get the start and the close. That's a new one for me.

The ump is not giving Parker strikes over the outside of the plate on right hand hitters. He sets up on so far on the inside, he can't possibly see the ball get the outside edge.

Might see Lowary get the start and the close. That's a new one for me.

LOL...it's happening.

Incredibly impressed at Parker for selflessly coming out of the game with a good attitude. In the MLB, you couldn't have pulled the ball out of the ace's hand.

Unfreaking real!! Down to their last strike twice and ties the game both times. :facepalm

Back