Softball

It's inarguable that the rpi is a failure at doing what it is supposed to do. You are seriously desperately in need of professional help if you think that will make any difference whatsoever in its design or application. You're nuts!!

It's inarguable that the rpi is a failure at doing what it is supposed to do. You are seriously desperately in need of professional help if you think that will make any difference whatsoever in its design or application. You're nuts!!

Actually, it is failing in softball. There is a reason that the other sports are using a different formula which values wins and losses based upon home/away. Softball is not using the home/away instead it is using bonus points for victories regardless of where the game is played. This is a failure of the softball committee to adjust like other sports have.

Actually, it is failing in softball. There is a reason that the other sports are using a different formula which values wins and losses based upon home/away. Softball is not using the home/away instead it is using bonus points for victories regardless of where the game is played. This is a failure of the softball committee to adjust like other sports have.

+1!

Paige Parker Throws Out First Pitch at Royals Game
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArt..._LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211632260&KEY=

(EXCERPT) Parker then went into the dugout with her parents to take some pictures before heading back into the batting cages to warm up with Royals catcher Drew Butera, to whom she'd be throwing the night's first pitch. She started tossing just to warmup at first, but then some of the players wanted to see Parker's actual pitches so she said she started ramping it up and throwing harder.

“Some of their reactions were really cool, so that's something I won't ever forget,” she said. “They were pretty shocked about how much my ball moved. I think they were especially fascinated by my rise ball because they never see that. They had some pretty funny reactions. Drew had a hard time catching some of my rise balls, which was pretty funny.”

While she threw, Parker said that Moustakas sat behind home plate most of the time. It was around this time, too, when Parker's favorite player, first baseman Eric Hosmer came over to watch her throw, as did second baseman Whit Merrifield.

“Yeah, I was freaking out at the point,” Parker said of Hosmer's presence. “I was trying to keep my composure but on the inside I was freaking out.”

EPIC fail is what it's become. And many of the posts above here show the absurdity of the softball RPI system. I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN hacked its way into it.

So we started with Paige Parker, then Paige Lowry transferred here and now we get a Parker Conrad. It could be hard to keep straight who is pitching next year.

But, it is very clear. The only one that is from Missouri is Paige Parker who is from Independence Truman, MO. But, she is the only one that never attended Missouri.

Paige Lowary attended Missouri, but is from Dallas. OK. She is from Dallas Center, Iowa. (Grimes HS).

Parker Conrad attended Missouri, but is from Winter Park, FL.

So, if they went to Missouri, they weren't from Missouri.

Conrad's final three before signing with Missouri included Florida Atlantic and Boston College. Doesn't sound like OU was recruiting her out of high school. I understand why she or anyone would want to transfer here, but is she just filling the space created by Dalton's leaving?

OU has sufficient recruits coming in to replace Dalton. This is probably more like Lombardi knew that she could do with Conrad something similar to what she had done with Lowary. Conrad was anticipated to be THE staff ace at Mizzou, only to disappoint. May have been injury related. We don't waste scholarships on people we don't want. No need.

OU has sufficient recruits coming in to replace Dalton. This is probably more like Lombardi knew that she could do with Conrad something similar to what she had done with Lowary. Conrad was anticipated to be THE staff ace at Mizzou, only to disappoint. May have been injury related. We don't waste scholarships on people we don't want. No need.

Supposedly Parker Conrad can hit 70 from the right side. She was ranked in her class by Flosports as the nation's #34 player. I think her offers were limited because she committed to Mizzou early.

Parker Conrad was a 2016 recruit from Winter Park, Florida (near Orlando). She is a Right-Handed Pitcher.

FloSoftball - Player Profile: Parker Conrad (April 11, 2014)
http://www.flosoftball.com/article/34848-player-profile-parker-conrad-4-11

YouTube: Parker Conrad Pitching Compilation (May 2014)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDVMcPSymbM

Athlete of the Month: Parker Conrad (March 2015)
http://www.orangeobserver.com/article/athlete-month-parker-conrad

Mizzou softball pitcher Parker Conrad to transfer / Video (June 8, 2017)
http://www.abc17news.com/sports/mizzou-softball-pitcher-parker-conrad-to-transfer/532354408

2017 (Freshman) Regular Season Pitching Stats at Mizzou
ERA .. 3.78
W-L ... 1-3
APP ... 18
GS ... 3
CG ... 0
IP ... 29.2
H ... 32
R ... 27
ER ... 16
BB ... 19
SO ... 15
HR ... 5
BF ... 147
B/AVG - .256

A hard throwing RHP. Let's see the OU coaching staff work their magic in developing this sophomore on next year's team.

Last edited:
Conrad's final three before signing with Missouri included Florida Atlantic and Boston College. Doesn't sound like OU was recruiting her out of high school. I understand why she or anyone would want to transfer here, but is she just filling the space created by Dalton's leaving?

Do you really believe that Patty Gasso needs to recruit a player just "to fill space?"

You can take it that way or you can take it would she have accepted her request to transfer to OU if there was not a space cause Dalton was still here. Everybody loves to interpret the negative.

Last edited:
Back