Softball

Channel guide says that the game should be on ESPNU, can't find it anywhere. Anyone know what channel it's on?

Channel guide says that the game should be on ESPNU, can't find it anywhere. Anyone know what channel it's on?

That’s what they said on softball page but I’m watching on ESPiN3 so won’t have to deal with them switching games.

Super-Regionals:

EUGENE:
Oregon vs Kentucky:
I must admit that I was surprised by the dominance of Kentucky in their bracket, and the relative lack thereof by Oregon. Oregon dominated. But, I expected more offensive firepower. Oregon won 4-0, 5-0, and 3-0. Excellent pitching. But, I had expected an offensive explosion. This one may be interesting.

TEMPE:
Arizona State vs South Carolina:
Arizona State did dominate their opposition But, South Carolina lost their first game to Liberty and had to fight back with a 5-4 win over Hofstra as well as 2-0 and 5-0 wins against Liberty. The Gamecocks may be over their head.

SEATTLE:
Washington vs Alabama:
Washington had all they wanted against Texas and Minnesota. Texas showed more than I thought they had. Alabama dominated a fairly weak regional. This one probably comes down to where it is played.

NORMAN:
Oklahoma vs Arkansas:
Oklahoma dominated a decent field. I was surprised to see Mizzou reach the finals, especially after their opening loss. Nobody scored on OU, and OU did score, a lot. Arkansas prevailed rather easily over Oklahoma State and Wichita State, which I did not expect. I leaned to Wichita State, and they did make the finals interesting. But, the Razorbacks may have matured in their pitching.

LOS ANGELES: UCLA leads Cal Fullerton 6-2 after five in an elimination game. Arizona didn't exactly dominate their games against Mississippi State and St Francis. Home field wins. Neither teams has lived up to their billing.

TALLAHASSEE:
Florida State vs LSU:
Florida State dominated. Frankly, I was appalled at the ball-strike calling in the finale. They took the game away from the Jacksonville State pitcher. Nothing was a strike. Everything FS threw was a strike. Let's see what they do away from home. But, LSU goes to Tallahassee, and they had all they wanted to escape Louisiana-Lafayette. If Houston hadn't beaten Louisiana once, I don't know that LSU could have taken them in a two of three series. Close call.

ATHENS:
Georgia vs Tennessee:
Both dominated. I don't know that Georgia would have beaten Northwestern on the road in that last game. I lean to Tennessee, even in Athens.

GAINESVILLE:
Florida vs Texas A&M:
Florida had all they wanted against Ohio State. Every year, someone seems to give them trouble. But, A&M was almost handed their regional. I don't think A&M can match up.

Can somebody please elaborate about an auto accident involving Paige Parker? She pitched today but she wasn't her usual assassin self- tho did a decent job for a few innings.

Can somebody please elaborate about an auto accident involving Paige Parker? She pitched today but she wasn't her usual assassin self- tho did a decent job for a few innings.

From what I read, she and her family were on Highway 9 and someone rear-ended the car behind her and that car hit her car.

It appears that any Arkansas success will be tied to their freshman pitcher Mary Haff. She threw 18.2 innings in their regional with 3 wins allowing 5 hits, two BB's and zero runs.

For the season she was 28-6 and 12-12 in the SEC with 1.38 and 2.47 ERA's respectively. She allowed 17 HR's and 88 BB's in 203 innings. The way she threw in the regionals she appears to be on a roll as she allowed no runs to Wichita State in 11.2 innings pitched.

She also made 44 appearance in 57 games. The link below does not include their final game against WSU.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/w...2018-ARKSB-Overall-Season-Statistics_0519.pdf

First up, the OU victory recap article...

Paige Parker had spent much of the past two nights getting treatment, massages and a heat bath to help loosen her muscles. When she talked with Gasso, she made her point clear. I’ve pitched big games and felt much worse.

“I know when she’s telling the truth and when she’s lying,” Gasso said. “She was telling the truth. … She put out her hand, and the ball landed in her hand.”

So with Parker starting once more, the Sooners continued their annihilation of the NCAA Norman regional. In a 7-0 victory against Missouri, the Sooners made big plays in the field, got a home run from Nicole Pendley and three hits from Shay Knighten.

But once again, the Sooners showed their supremacy most in the circle. Parker didn’t have her sharpest stuff, but she threw to contact efficiently and kept Missouri (30-29) off balance all day.

Link

OU is now the last in-state team in the softball postseason. Here's how Oklahoma State exited on Saturday. As for Tulsa...

The Golden Hurricane lost to the Tigers 6-5, and so many storylines felt a little unresolved.

TU didn’t get another chance at Oklahoma. Its final shot at dethroning the Sooners came Saturday, when OU homered three times off Emily Watson and cruised to an 8-0 run-rule.

Even Tulsa’s final game was full of oddity. TU got down 5-0 Saturday night after a nightmare start. Then Tulsa battled back, seizing momentum with a five-run third inning. Then lightning struck in the distance and rain eventually started pouring. The remainder of the game was postponed to Sunday.

So on a cloudy early afternoon, TU came back and couldn’t catch a break. Missouri dropballer Lauren Rice had hitters pounding the ball into the ground. TU coach John Bargfeldt considered throwing Watson, but knew there could be a long wait before a 4 p.m. final game against Oklahoma.

Link

- Recap of Saturday's 8-0 run rule victory over TU here.

- Recap of Friday's 9-0 victory over Boston here.

I've never gotten to attend an OU softball game, much less a postseason game, but due to circumstances I'd rather hadn't come into play, I'm in OKC this week and I just purchased an all-sessions ticket for this weekend. I don't know if I'll get to attend all the games, but the price was so affordable I went ahead and took the plunge, just in case. I'm very excited about it.

I've never gotten to attend an OU softball game, much less a postseason game, but due to circumstances I'd rather hadn't come into play, I'm in OKC this week and I just purchased an all-sessions ticket for this weekend. I don't know if I'll get to attend all the games, but the price was so affordable I went ahead and took the plunge, just in case. I'm very excited about it.

We shall expect detailed, lengthy reports!

Post season (B12 + regional tourney) OBP for starters.

Alo-------------.500
Arnold---------.294
Aviu------------.555
Clifton---------.435
Knighten-------.667
Mendes--------.294
Pendley--------.500
Romero--------.333
Wodach--------.278

Starters--------.451

Last edited:
Good to SEC has 7 teams going on the road for the super-regionals. That should get most of them sent home. I think their best chance for an upset is for Tennessee to beat Georgia followed by a slim chance for LSU over FSU and S. Car. over ASU.

I see OU/Oregon winner vs Florida in the WCWS finals. But who knows

It appears I was premature in purchasing my super-regional tickets for this weekend; my family is apparently intent upon us getting together every single night while I'm home.

I don't know if the tickets can be sold/transferred or not, but if they can, would anyone be interested in purchasing a pair of senior/youth all-session tickets? (You can be 55 or older or 18 or younger to use these.) They'd be $40 for the pair (that's what I paid - I would eat the service fees).

It appears I was premature in purchasing my super-regional tickets for this weekend; my family is apparently intent upon us getting together every single night while I'm home.

The game times are 4 pm on Friday and noon the other two days. If they only want you for the nights you should be good.

The game times are 4 pm on Friday and noon the other two days. If they only want you for the nights you should be good.

The family gathering starts at 6 in north OKC on Friday and the funeral is on Saturday at 10 a.m., alas. Dad would have approved of me cutting out right after to go to the game, but the family won't, I suspect.

I'd just as soon there weren't a Sunday game as I'm hoping OU wins the first two games, but if there is, maybe I can go (though really I should be flying out that day).

So selling the tix is my best move, I think. I could come down in price if that's a sticking point for anyone.

I don't think she has been very popular among their fans the last year or two.

Back