Softball

OSU really wants this game. Two errors and four walks, and Tulsa leads 8-5 after four. Simunek allowed zero hits, two errors, and four walks.

Do which. Top of sixth: HR, K, K, single, BB, BB, grand slam. Suddenly, it is OSU 10-8. Tulsa scores off a double, FC to SS, and sac fly, 10-9, after 6.

Boise State 9
Stanford 1
Final

Illinois 2
Virginia Tech 6
Final

South Florida 3
South Carolina 2
Final

Toledo 2
Kentucky 4, after one?

Southern Illinois 5
Louisville 9 after 6

Pukes tried to give the game away with walks and error but their power stepped up with 3 home runs and 8 runs the last 2 innings. 13-10 pukes final. 15-20 mph south wind makes for some dingers when you have power hitters.

I expect to see the same from the Sooners tonight although the wind is forecasted to be below 10 mph.

I think Louisville finished 9-5.

I will be disappointed if OU doesn't run-rule in five. If they don't, I suspect that it will be because Patti let every kid on the bench play after the third. She just wants the win and to let the girls play at times.

BYU 6 Arkansas 3. Arkansas of the SEC is first out. South Carolina and A&M also lost today to South Florida and Houston.

Three outs left for Texas.

Sam Houston 2

Texas 1 Final

Tiffany Thompson hit a two-run HR for Sam Houston.

Mike White?

Last edited:
Kept thinking the entire game that ND would get some hit and score. Their pitcher was dominating Wisconsin except for one single. ND just missed and missed. Then, out of nowhere, the Badgers hit a three-run shot? 4-0?

ND trying to make a comeback. 2 runs and 10 hits while Wisconsin has four runs on four hits.

I understand that Tulsa sent BYU home.

Popped up and left the bases loaded, Wisc wins 4-2.

I think Louisville finished 9-5.

I will be disappointed if OU doesn't run-rule in five. If they don't, I suspect that it will be because Patti let every kid on the bench play after the third. She just wants the win and to let the girls play at times.

This Copperfield pitcher for UMBC is pretty good. She might be good enough to avoid the run-rule.
"G" Juarez is also looking really salty, struck out the first five batters that she's faced... the sixth one flied out to center...

Last edited:
OTOH, it appears that our girls are beginning to tee off on Copperfield... 5-0 in the bottom of the 3rd ... Make that score 7-0 now after the two run dinger by Mendez.

Mendez' was an absolute blast. Over the bleachers in right.

Top of the 5th coming up. And Saile comes in to try to nail down the perfect game (shared by "G", Lopez and Saile...

That was sad. They said the girl had always been an OU fan and wanted to come to OU to be a stormchaser. But, she matured late.

Unfortunately, she is good at the level of Stony Brook, UMass Lowell, and UMBC. But, you can't be the #1 pitcher in the nation throwing that stuff at 62-63 mph in high D-1. She is great at the level that UMBC plays, would probably have an ERA of about 8.00 in the Big Twelve.

Hated to see an 18-year-old lose hope that way. Wish they wouldn't put the top seeds playing in the first week against lambs to be slaughtered. Make it a play in tournament.

I see that ESPN and ESPNU are both showing the possibility of any of four regionals at 3:30.

Correction: ESPN and ESPN2 are showing any of four regionals as early as 11:00 AM, 5/18. There is a special (?) showing of UMBC-OU at about 1 on ESPNU. The ESPN and ESPN2 coverage continues until at least six.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what network is carrying the OU-Northwestern game at 3 pm tomorrow?

OU vs Wisconsin at 3pm Saturday. Beat the Badgers and we play the loser bracket winner Sunday. If we win our regional and Northwestern wins theirs we will play Northwestern in the super regional next weekend in Norman.

Does anyone know what network is carrying the OU-Northwestern game at 3 pm tomorrow?

OU vs Wisconsin at 3pm Saturday. Beat the Badgers and we play the loser bracket winner Sunday. If we win our regional and Northwestern wins theirs we will play Northwestern in the super regional next weekend in Norman.

All games will be on an ESPN network. Could be ESPN, ESPNU, ESPN2 or ESPN3 but at this time it is TBD.

People forget that Texas was third in the Big Twelve, not a close second to OU. They are mired in a hitting slump. Got a HR last night from Iakopo, first since April 10 (11 games). But, they also have a triple drought about the same length. Havent had ten total bases in a game in their past six or seven.

They may not get out of their regional.

Also significantly figuring in the loss for the Irish- with two outs and a runner on first, grounder to short stop which she one hops to first base gets by the first baseman so instead of going to bottom of 7 down 1-0 now its first and third and next girl smacks first pitch over left field wall. End of story even though ND tried to come back and almost did

The Saturday games in Norman may be affected by the weather. Heavy thunderstorms are moving through the area right now (9am). It is pouring rain. Hopefully, the sun shines this afternoon, although the forecast does not look promising.

Even if there are delays, it is good that the winners bracket game is first. The Sooners need to jump on Wisconsin early.

:OU-logo:

Back