Softball

If this team goes on to win the natty definitely yes. If not definitely no. It would be more obvious is the Sooners go on to extend their 41 game winning streak to 48 giving them the all time winning streak record in addition to the natty which they could do by winning out at the regional, super regional and win their first 4 at the WCWS.

Agree. At this point, I would favor the 2013 OU team. I hope the 2019 team can win it all, then they would be hard to argue against.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=208802655

2013 WCWS | Oklahoma Wins Second National Title

2013 WCWS LogoTop-seeded Oklahoma made quick work of its opponents en route to a third-straight trip to the Women's College World Series. Hosting the Norman Regional, OU went 3-0 with a combined score of 41-6 in a win over Marist and two over Arkansas.

The Sooners then hosted No. 16 Texas A&M in the Super Regional but easily bested the Aggies, winning each game by run-rule and outscoring A&M 18-2.

Keilani Ricketts opened the 2013 WCWS with a 7-1 no-hitter against eighth-seeded Michigan, the 17th in history. From there, OU took down Big 12-rival No. 10 Texas with a 10-2, five-inning win and then defeated 11th-ranked Washington, 6-2, to earn a date with No. 7 Tennessee in the Championship Series.

Game one featured 10 scoreless innings before Tennessee hit a three-run home run in the 11th. OU responded with three runs of its own in the bottom, including a pair of run-producing hits with the Sooners down to their final strike. In the 12th inning, Lauren Chamberlain hit a two-run, walk-off home run to get the win.

In game two, Ricketts drove in all four runs, while Michelle Gascoigne struck out 12 in a three-hit shutout to give Oklahoma its second national title.

:OU-logo:

The best teams tend to have two things other than just being good. You have at least one hitter, maybe two, like a Lauren Chamberlain, Keilani Ricketts, Sydney Romero, Shay Knighten who tend to step up at big moments.

Shay, perhaps because of her injuries last year and this, had a unique ability to get a huge hit in the CWS, doing it in two straight series, game-winning HR type hits against good pitchers. She has had remarkably few home runs and key doubles, but they come at key times. Lauren and Keilani did that. Shay was often accompanied by big hits by Romero.

If you have great pitching like the Paiges or Kelani, you need more than just a 350 hitter or a good hitter. You need that person who steps up in the biggest stage.

Shay did it as a freshman. But, I don't know that I have ever seen a bigger stage than the 17th inning shot to win that game. Then, she turned around and hit a bases-loaded double to right center driving in three of our four runs to win the next game. Two big hits like that make you a great team.

Do we have it this year? Could it be Romero and Caleigh or Alo? Caleigh seems to be learning to play on center stage.

Then, after Keilani wins a big game with a double while Lauren gets a key HR, you get a shutout by your #2 starter in the title game? That is greatness. That team had it. The two teams with our freshmen had it. Who makes this year great?

Good question. It will be fun to watch. To win it all, someone will likely need to step up in a big moment and make a big play.

It’s a rematch with Wisky. They just walked off with a 3 run bomb to culminate a 5 run bottom of the 7th to edge Notre Dame 5-4.

It’s a rematch with Wisky. They just walked off with a 3 run bomb to culminate a 5 run bottom of the 7th to edge Notre Dame 5-4.

Wow. I flipped over to watch KEY LARGO when they popped it up with bases loaded in the sixth, but I just watched the bottom of the seventh on the ESPN app. Crazy comeback (and questionable slide at second -- would that have been the final out if it'd been ruled an illegal slide?)

Wow. I flipped over to watch KEY LARGO when they popped it up with bases loaded in the sixth, but I just watched the bottom of the seventh on the ESPN app. Crazy comeback (and questionable slide at second -- would that have been the final out if it'd been ruled an illegal slide?)
yep

1:00 PM Oklahoma/Wisconsin (is Wis wins, 3:30 PM)
2:00 PM Louisville/Northwestern (if NW wins, 3:30 PM)

3:30 PM Houston/ Texas (if Texas wins, 6:00 PM)
1:00 PM Alabama/ Arizona State (3:30 PM if ASU wins)

11:00 AM Florida/Boise State (if BS wins, 1:30 PM)
11:00 AM Tennessee/North Carolina (if NC wins, 1:30 PM)

Oklahoma State won regional
11:00 AM Florida State/South Carolina (if SC wins, 1:30 PM)

8:00 PM Washington/Seattle (if Seattle wins, 10:30 PM)
11:00 AM Kentucky/Virginia Tech (if VPI wins, 1:30 PM)

2:00 PM Louisiana/Ole Miss (if Ole Miss wins, 4:30 PM)
6:00 PM Arizona/Auburn (8:30 if Aub wins)

Georgia/Drake
3:00 PM Georgia/Drake winner/Minnesota (if Ga or Drake wins, 5:30 PM)
3:00 PM Texas Tech/LSU (if Tech wins, 5:30 PM)

3:00 PM Michigan/James Madison (if JM wins, 5:30 PM)
4:00 PM UCLA/Missouri (if Mizzou wins, 6:30 PM)

Thank you for that very useful schedule. The OU site says the 1:00 PM Oklahoma/Wisconsin game is telecast on ESPN3.

Happily, I am able to view the games on WatchESPN via my Cox connections.

That was a heck of a comeback win by Wisconsin last night! I presume that OU will start Mariah Lopez in the 1pm game.

The So Caroline-FSU game, currently on ESPN, is going to extend past 1pm CT.

Down 2-1 with one inning to go. The Sooner bats have been weak through 6 innings. Bottom of the order will be up for OU in the bottom of the 7th. Let's go Sooners!

Per OU radio broadcast .. the next OU vs. Wisconsin game starts at 4:20 pm.

They said the TV station had not yet been announced.

Time to bounce back. All credit to Wisconsin. They came into Norman, played tough, played smart, and won the game. It will be interesting to see if the Sooner batters can adjust. That slow change-up pitch was more than they could handle in the first game today. The OU batters also watched too many strikes on the outside corner.

Sydney Romero has it figured out. Hopefully, she can pass along her batting approach to her teammates.

Looking on the bright side, we get to watch another OU softball game today. If they cannot win 2 out of 3 games in Norman against Wisconsin, then they obviously do not deserve to advance.

Back